building a ramjet

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by weed_eater_guy, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

well fuck you ball sack.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

just a thought.

if you live near the ocean, you could get prototype ramjets up to speed by shooting them, with a rocket engine, straight down from a airplane. you would lose your prototype, but you might be able to save some money on early tests.

I would do it just to see how big the splash would be. =]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Er, and here was me thinking that this thread was about a smallish hobby rocket experiment, but now Weed-eater is going to pilot the thing?

I don't think he mentioned being Dan Dare, did he?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Is that what you Moronian Martians say to apologise for your own stupidity in not following a thread correctly?

The phonetic reply in my Martian dialect is 'S'OK, Dweeb'

8. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

posting a repeat link doesnt warrent an insult.

i stand by my statement,and fuck you too ass wad.

its pricks like you that make forums a crappy place.

next you should critize my spelling and harp on every little typo like a bitch.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, now you mention it, your spelling and punctuation do suck.

Why did I pick you up on the repeat link? Well, because it shows a lack of concentration and comprehension. Forums require a little concentration, and it would appear more than the little you put in.

Now, you could have taken the correction like a man, but instead, chose to whine like a child. Well, your ego has been bruised, and all you are doing is prolonging the agony, and drawing attention to your slip up.

Yeah, people who read threads, post relevant links, and understand the subject matter are such party poopers aren't they? It would be so much better if everybody reposted spurious bullshit that was badly spelled and broke grammatical rules. You might not think grammar and spelling are important, but not everybody who uses these forums has English a a first language. Now, if they can make the effort to communicate in English, you could at least have a stab at it!

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Phlogistician, if you're so great, why are you trolling and starting all these fights?

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

A few things;

I didn't say I am great, so you must think I am?

This guy could have taken me calling him a moron in good humour. He chose not to, his ego getting in the way. It's only a fight if the guy chooses to fight, he did.

I'm not trolling. Even if I were, you know that trolls die if you don't feed them, yes?

Don't you think he was a bit stupid for posting a link that had already been posted? I mean, come on, how slow is he?

Why are you suddenly interested? I mean, you just made a non-ramjet related post on a thread that is starting to lose it's way. At least I contributed something to this thread, what's your purpose here?

Interesting you choose to pick a fight on this thread, rather than address my points from the Orgone one too, ... got nothing further to say in Reichs defense?

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Shut the hell up, you cheap bastard.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

What a meticulously well thought out comeback! What wit!

Why am I 'cheap' by the way? What causes you to claim that?

And still no further input on the Orgone thread! You're just pissed off because you know you've been beaten!

14. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

so why didnt you take my comments in ''good humor''?

because your a prick.

a double link post DOES NOT require your stupidity and intolerance.

you ruin the world with your dumbassery .

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I certainly wish I didn't have so much trouble dealing with people like Phlogistician. They have taken a hell of a lot of the pleasure out of my life, and most of the quiet order. They have replaced with both drivel and dribble.

It's just incredible how pervasive this garbage is, and some of it does come from people with the Piled Higher and Deeper degrees. Where do they even get the idea? Is the buying of term papers and theses by rich people this pervasive? I only know the background of one of these trolls well enough to know that his father makes megabucks, and I've got to ask you, even if he didn't buy his degree with his father's money, why does he feel like he has to get online and troll these forums and disrupt them by being an ass? I can think of some metaphors for going out and getting some illicit pieces of tail that would still, if he acted them out, leave him morally cleaner and feeling a hell of a lot better. The stuff they do here is dirtier and sicker than anything short of pedophilia. It is a lot more damaging than you might think at first glance.

16. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

putting all your egos aside... can someone properly describe the workings and function of the shutter valve....?? (valve shutter at end of rocket?)

i.e.. what makes it open?? and how do we time it?

-MT

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Because you have no wit.

That should be "you're", short for "you are", not "your" which indicates possession.

I think it does. It shows you weren't following the thread.

Wow! And I thought I just made a few posts on a forum! I didn't realise just how wide reaching the ramafications were! I'm ruining the world! Oh, the guilt!

Got anything to actually add to the thread, that's on topic? Or you just going to keep polishing your ego?

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Oh boo-hoo for you. Maybe you should take a step back, and stop taking things so much to heart? This is debate, it's not personal. We attack each others words, not each others character. If you cannot keep some emotional detachment from the debates, and are too mentally frail to deal with people who disagree with you, maybe you should go and post somewhere less contentious?

Ah, can't be me you refer to 'cos I'm 'cheap'.

Oh, please, cut out the drama. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, child.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Timing, there is some resonance in the exhaust tube, and timing the flap valve to this helps efficiency. It will run at tens of hertz, depending on the diameter and length of the exhaust.

It's purpose it to close and allow combustion in the chamber, forcing the thrust out of the exhaust, and then to open, and allow more air in, to mix with fuel in the combustion chamber. There's a nice diagram here;

http://www.answers.com/topic/pulse-jet-engine

Incoming air flow makes it open, and the pressue from the combustion makes it shut again, so it's quite simple, and timing isn't really an issue therefore, as it will dictate it's own frequency.

20. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

excellent.. thankyou...
    i have often thought of attaching 20 or more side by side, and mounting them vertically... thus.. they might be used for lift...
    and by tilting.. forward thrust.....

but as the effiecency is low, and the noise so high.. propellars still seem like a better option for my homemade flying machine,....
    but pulse jets would be awesome, since such would allow the craft to take on any shape... with 100 tiny engines... rather than a couple big ones.

-MT

21. engware Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.