Boys like girls and you have to keep them separated

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by arauca, May 17, 2013.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes they would yet people like wegs are sure that Rape is one kind of thing and nothing else.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

She said specifically that she wasn't talking about statutory rape, she was talking about the violent assaults discussed in the original post in this thread.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Rape is a crime...there is no counter argument.
    If someone is raped, doesn't matter by who...he/she was a victim of a crime.

You can redefine it all you wish.

Now, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
    That goes without saying.
    I don't automatically assume because someone accuses another of rape, that it's true.

That is what the court system is for, but rape won't be redefined in a court of law.
    It's pretty strict as to what it is and isn't.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Was not saying it was not. Only that there are many kinds of rape.

Also the sexual assault cases in the military cover over a wide gambit of things.

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

There are different kinds of rape, yes. I'll agree there. But, rape is rape. Rape is a crime. Period. We are not talking about statutory rape for the sake of this thread, and that needs to be taken into account, on an individual basis. But, the rape we are talking about isn't statutory.

I encourage you to visit the website for the Joyful Heart Foundation, and read a little about the various guidelines that the US Dept of Justice has put together, when it comes to how it defines rape and sexual assault. It's pretty enlightening, I learned a thing or two, also! Spells it out.

I had the link here, but not sure if that might violate forum rules, since some of the material in the link, might not be suitable for younger members here to read. Just trying to be safe about it.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Again was not saying there was a form of rape that is not a crime, be it morally or legally or both, just that there are many forms of rape.

10. river

Sure

But the discussion with wegs is specifically about women

Not the gambit

I get the sense that there is a circumventing of wegs stance , which I find unsettling

11. arauca Banned Banned

Cam you rape your wife, if so how do you do it ?

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Same way you would rape anyone else, if you were so inclined.

13. river

This thread is devolving

A shame really

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

a hypothetical example:

let's say, a husband asks his wife for sex. she says no. then, he starts kissing her...and so on...and she is resisting. loudly saying no. and he keeps persisting. and then, he forces himself on her, and she's crying. she is resisting the entire time, or maybe she relents and lays there, crying, after struggling. who knows.

that's rape within a marriage.

and it happens, arauca.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

every day...it happens. it's not an uncommon thing in abusive relationships. you just don't hear about it on the news, etc.

it's a hard thing to prove, but honestly...no one has a ''right'' over someone else's body. NO ONE.

and this isn't me being difficult.

I just see this issue as having very very VERY little grey area.

Threads like this might stir emotions, but you know what? If we gain some better understanding, then it's a good discussion. I hope that example helps.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

if we all agreed, how boring life would be, yes?

16. arauca Banned Banned

Why should she resist , that is part of marriage we help each other with the necessity, we share our body .

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Any reason she wants to. She has a headache. She doesn't want to have sex with you. She is afraid of you. She doesn't trust you.
    But it doesn't really matter why she doesn't want to have sex with you; if she says no and you force yourself on her it's rape.

Not if she doesn't want to share it. (True of your body as well.)

18. river

But she is not into the situation , thats the thing , arauca , why you don't get it is just stunning really , your just using this women to breed , thats it , you miss so much more that it could be , seriously

Romance , Romance , Romance , that is where the fun is

19. arauca Banned Banned

So she lied when she said " I do " she forfeit the contract .

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

No "contract" I have ever heard includes the right to rape. Certainly wasn't in my marriage vows.

21. arauca Banned Banned

wait wait, I did not say rape . I said she should allow me to use your body to help me to spill my sperm.

22. arauca Banned Banned

That is not a woman that is my wife we are two in one .

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Uh . . . OK then. As long as she is OK with you doing that, then no problem. However, if you try to force her to help you "spill your sperm" you may end up spending quite a few years in jail.