Boys like girls and you have to keep them separated

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by arauca, May 17, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

I think you live in a fantasy world . The opening post tells you there is a problem. In some situation the soldiers rent an apartment were there are mixed male and female , and as they drink during week ends and they become inebriated, inhibition decreases and animal instinct surfaces then what do you thing might happen .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I verbally rape you,
    you vile stew
    of bigotry,
    and sterile moldy old attitude,
    a selfish dumb ass,
    of unthinking bullshit,
    a miscreant.
    You haven't got a cent,
    of clue in your brain,
    I refrain,
    from reciting
    the full extent of your fallacies,
    for fear of repetitious analogies,
    to motherfucking dead beasts,
    at low tide,
    I make you resemble,
    with my verbal dissemble,
    a shitty ass rotting shellfish of mental dysfunction,
    like you preach daily,
    get a clue,
    you
    know
    it
    can't
    be
    faked,
    so why do you try to?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

This is a bunch of crap.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I would never justify this type of behavior. However, lust happens to be pretty well-known, and rape in the military has been recorded since antiquity. Not that as a society we shouldn't be upset...but, it is to be expected. Obviously something needs to be done; but obviously, nothing that has been done to this point has resolved the problem. They aren't going to issue chastity devices to every soldier. So, until some other feasible solution comes about, all they can do is get rid of the bad weeds and hope things improve. And if it's a lack of leadership, then the leaders haven't been conditioned properly to have the discipline that is expected of NCOs/officers. Or the promotion board needs to be more strict. Either way, if there's an issue with the leadership, there's an issue with the system.

8. arauca Banned Banned

Sorry you are an old ass to live in fantasy. I can tell you what I have seen on 1945 There was a retarded girl in our camp, and American soldiers stud in line 7 of them to f**k the retarded girl. My son was in the navy tor 6 years, as I went to visit him there were navy girls and navy man or call it room mating , . So you are pretty dumb thinking about chivalry.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If this guy regards gender integrated hotels, schools, sports teams, beaches, parks - hell, town squares and sidewalks - as posing the same problem, then he is at least consistent. My bet is he is.

What often cures this is having a couple of daughters - then the notion that all men are inevitably rapists by nature, originally arrived at most often by introspection, confronts different aspects of reality.

10. Balerion Banned Banned

Right, because the only other condition besides "restrained and civil," is "rapist."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't disagree that the culture plays a major role. But that's not an excuse for the behavior. The answer is not to say "Welp, women are shit back home, so we shouldn't get uptight when they're treated like shit in the military."

No, that's a cop-out. Even looking at how absurd our society is in gender relations and how females are treated, one could logically draw a line between it and the kind of treatment women receive in the service. This has more to do with military culture than American culture.

If you keep them apart, obviously you'd have less instances, but that's not a solution. The answer is to get stronger leadership in the military, and crack down on this kind of behavior.

11. Balerion Banned Banned

The men raping them are trained as well. But we'll overlook this in favor of propagating ancient misogynistic boilerplate, because you're an unthinking fuckwit who has probably never had sex with a willing woman in his life.

Is this from experience? When you get drunk around women, can you not help yourself from raping them?

For normal adult males, we don't automatically turn into rapists when we're intoxicated. I know, crazy, right?

12. arauca Banned Banned

It is not that you turn , but dammit your hand become like tentacles of an octopus to provoke the female , and if she does not want to get f**t a dispute becomes. an argument at that point is an step before rape.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Correction - it's separating the rapists from everyone else... and in my honest opinion, separating them from this life. Rape is one of the most heinous crimes you can commit, and in my opinion is worse than murder because, in many cases, it leaves the victim wishing they had simply been killed. It is an event that will never be forgotten, and takes perhaps one of the most intimate and sanctified things away from a person, and no amount of "healing" will take that pain away.
    [/rant]

And In case anyone is wondering - no, I have never been raped... but I know of a few people who have... it left them absolutely hollow.

Uh... buh? I dunno about anyone else... but when I become inebriated... sex is honestly not at the forefront of my mind. Admittedly for me, simply staying coherent is at the forefront of my mind... but still.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Even before they become veterans. More U.S. service personnel on active duty kill themselves than are killed in combat.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Not automatically and not universally, but there's certainly a positive correlation. And of course an intoxicated woman may be less able to resist physically--or even verbally.

This is one of the reasons I have always insisted that alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than the most popular illegal drugs. When's the last time you heard of a man stoned on marijuana committing rape? (Just marijuana, not a cocktail of three or four drugs, which invariably include alcohol.)

16. river

You know I always like the film Star Ship Troopers , not for the battles

But the philosophy that men and women can shower together with no non-sense going on , it is a natural and common occurrence

It is a subtle observation from the movie

But it is forward thinking

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

This x 1000

Rape/sexual assault is not about sex ...it's about rage and power. It's about having power over another person.
    So, it isn't that men and women need to be separate, it's rather that some men shouldn't be in the military and rather should be in prison.
    Raping someone isn't a sign that you're sexually attracted to them! Good grief.

18. river

And respect

19. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

No excuse has been offered for the bahaviour. No excuse is offered for the frat boys and athletes in the same culture who behave the same way.

As far as i know, no such answer has been given.

An exploration of the origins of the problem is more likely to lead to a solution than reflexive condemnation or "cracking down" by authority. Zero tolerance policies have done nothing to end bullying in elementary schools, which is the same kind of behaviour.

America is an increasingly militaristic culture. It's not just about how it treats women; it's about how the citizens regard one another and the rest of the world. The military is just one of the exceptionally entitled sub-sets of a society: it exhibits the symptoms earlier than the main body politic.

Of course it's not a solution; it's a stopgap measure. Since America can't do, just now, without a huge standing army, and since it's not about solve any of its social problems - segregation might spare a few soldiers a few unnecessary unpleasant experiences.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So my understanding is this whole "epidemic" of sexual assaults started out because 'don't ask don't tell' being repealed allow more men to report assaults against them without fear of being labelled a homosexual and being kicked out of the military. Women represent only a minority of assault claims in the USA military, men against men are the majority of cases, and of course men are still probably underreporting compared to women so this true expanse of this problem has probably still not be illuminated! Of course our sexist society sees only women as victims and that men are always the abuser and has made this out as a problem of women in the military, when the problem was always there and was more complex then sexual lust.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Women in the forces.
    Solution. Don't employ men.
    The future is drones.
    Women make better operatives, being relatively free of the drug testosterone.

22. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Men are still the majority of abusers in both cases. The problem we're not looking at is how a set of character traits is fostered by the society; how a certain type of male and to a lesser extent the same type of female, from kindergarten on, is encouraged to become a bully and enabled to act out. In the traditionally 'tough' masculine enclaves, such as sport, prison, police and armed forces, this personality type has always enjoyed privilege; in a prurient, thrill-addicted social climate, bullying behaviour often takes a sexual expression.

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

@ arauca...what the hell are you even saying here? Women and men should be able to serve in the military without fear, intimidation and rape from their own peers! It isn't women joining the military that is the issue...it is the archaic views of men like you that are putting women in peril. These are crimes! Not only do you insult women, you insult men by implying that they are nothing more than animals unable to restrain themselves if stationed with women. Rape isn't about sex; it's a crime.

You and I have chatted in my sexism thread, and sometimes you come across kind but misunderstood. But the views that you have in this thread are dangerous not only to women, but society as a whole.