Boyfriend doesn't even give a shit about me

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Tnerb, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

first of all, with the people i know with ADHD including my own kids, medications have helped, i did not definalty use them has a quick fix to the problem, and in fact it took me 2yrs to decide on the medication route, anyway that is way of topic here

================
    so to the starter of this thread, if your boyfriend doesnt give a shit about you, then deal with it, walk away, and don't look back, find someone else to fixate over, jeez give the guy some peace will you

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

Well that's good anyway.

I'm fine with moving the topic elsewhere, but not sure where it should go. Ethics and Morality perhaps. If I moved it there, would you follow? Anyway, give me the name of a drug and I can probably find a few horror stories.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

There will always be horror stories with every medication...

Aspirin causes ulcers and Rhye syndrome, penicillin can cause severe allergic reactions and death, Tylenol causes major liver damage. The internet is full of unscientific stories.

There are millions of people who are helped with psychiatric medications, and your assertion based on a few horror stories is misinformed and harmful to people who could potentially be helped by those drugs. Do you really think it's safe to let a paranoid schizophrenic run around unmedicated? A bipolar with attachment disorder? How about all those sociopaths with rage issues?

If you want to be ignorant, fine. If you want to help people, give solid advice based on all the facts at hand, not just your paranoid-delusional opinions.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

there will allways be horror stories about medications, ok these are the meds my son is on

Strattera 40mg
    Equasym (methylphenidate) 20mg
    Equasym XL 40mg
    melatonin 2 x 40mg

i have read lots of horror stories about all the above medications and i have seen none of them in my son, you know so for him it worked out well

8. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

It's important to remember that people only post about medications and medical procedures when they have a problem, and not when they have success. Again, there are millions of people being helped by psychiatric/psychotropic drugs that can now live their lives to the fullest in a way they could not before. People who couldn't leave the house because of anxiety and fear. People who's emotional outbursts kept them from interacting with society. People who's family and friends abandoned them because they could handle their mania or delusions. People who are lost within those delusions and manic episodes. Millions of people are helped by medications who would otherwise be miserable all the time without them.

I am so tired of people lambasting the lasting and helpful effects of some drugs through largely ignorant "information" they have found on the intarwebs. Makes me hoping mad for all the people who don't get medicated because of what these ignorant asses tell them and are then forced to live their lives in fear, anxiety, depression and mania. It's just plain stupid to talk about things you have no clue about and to suggest that medication isn't the right treatment based on a few loose unscientific and unproven statistics when there are hundreds of thousands of health professionals, doctors, research scientists and mental health personnel that would tell you differently.

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i wasnt saying that, i was saying that medications can be good, and in fact in the children i know who are on meds for ADHD/ADD they work wanders and the kids can now concentrate on school work and build relationships at school,

people wont understand until they have either been there or have got family members with conditions, i bet if certain people got a headache they would take some pain killers for it, and they can cause liver complaints, even death in large amounts

10. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I know you were... I am still incensed that Scott3x made the comments he did. I wasn't referring to you, hun. My son is bipolar and schizophrenic, with signs of possible sociopathy. Without meds, he's non-functional and even dangerous to himself and others and would be locked in a residential facility. We tried all the natural remedies too, changes in diet, excercise... and all the talk therapy in the world will not help people who have a true chemical imbalance.

11. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Tnerb... are you a gay? Last time you post, you had girlfriend, but now boyfriend? :shrug:

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no your right, all the talk in the world will not help, i have been there and know exactly how you are feeling, people all seem to want to judge and give they're advice when in reality they know nothing about the conditions

13. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Generally I agree, on the basis that it imbalances our natural chemistry even more than whatever is actually causing it, and there is probably a natural solution. They have their uses however and it's hard to deny that, even if it's just a means of adjusting a temporary problem. It depends entirely on circumstances.

14. scott3x Banned Banned

Ok. I'm just glad you know there are substantial risks.

15. scott3x Banned Banned

Put that way, I agree.

16. scott3x Banned Banned

Liebling, I know we disagree on many things, from what really happened on 9/11, to matters concerning sexuality, to the issues brought up here. In respect to this particular issue, I think I have made my position clearer in my responses to lucifers angel and AntiFlag. You may call me ignorant and paranoid-delusional if you wish, but I ask you to consider the possibility that not everything is as you think it is, concerning various issues.

In regards to health issues, I strongly recommend the books by a Naturopathic Doctor called Jonn Matsen. He was originally studying medicine, but found that the doctors couldn't help him with a developing paralysis of his hands. He decided to turn to alternative methods of healing and found that this essentially cured his problem (I saw him many years afterwards and his hands seemed fine to me). He's written 3 books: Eating Alive, The Secrets to Great Health, and Eating Alive II. It's true that he didn't finish his medical career; however, he certainly doesn't overlook the findings of many medical researchers; in his second book, The Secrets to Great Health, he has over 100 pages of references, mainly concerning medical discoveries.

17. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

So you are taking the words of a guy who couldn't finish medical school and doesn't have a doctorate in medicine, chemistry, or psychology over the hundreds of thousands of doctors across the globe that have helped millions of people live better lives through correctly applied psychiatric drugs and you AREN'T ignorant and delusional.

Do you even think about what you post anymore, or applying any scientific idea to your posts? Seriously Scott, stop before you hurt yourself.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Too true. Talk therapy is best for the garden variety neurotic, in other types of patients talk therapy, dialectic cognitive or behaviorl, isn't even possible unless they are on meds.

...but you know Scott

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. scott3x Banned Banned

Who said he couldn't finish it? Just because he didn't finish it doesn't mean he couldn't do it. It means he realized that allopathic medicine wasn't curing his particular ailment, so he went and learned holistic medicines that did. In British Columbia, where he works, in order to practice as an ND (Naturopathic Doctor), the doctor must have completed at least 3-years pre-medical training- most doctors complete a bachelor's degree, 4-years full-time medical training at an accredited naturopathic medical college, and the completion of provincial board exams prior to being granted licensure. NDs in BC are licenced and regulated by the College of Naturopathic Physicians.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. I've read his books, you haven't. For me, it's really that simple.

However, I'll take a good excerpt from his first book to bring home my point:
    An introduction to Naturopathic Medicine

Naturopathic medicine is time-proven. Its therapies are rooted in antiquity. Hippocrates stated "let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food". All cultures have used herbs, hot and cold, fasting and diet to maintain health over thousands of generations. Few of the drugs and surgical methods used in western medicine are over a hundred years old, yet during that period of time naturopathic medicine was almost eliminated.

During the last 50 years, "miracle drugs" and surgical techniques were to rescue helpless humanity forever from the perils of disease. As Big Medicine took over the responsibility for health, the voices that spoke of obvious connections between lifestyle and disease were drowned out by the thundering stampede to junk food and irresponsible lifestyle. During the era of big fin cars, suburbia, ice cream with every meal and a pill for every ill, a purge of "unscientific" medicine began in the political halls and courts of North America. The almost hysterical self-righteousness of the medical profession and its political clout overwhelmed lifestyle-oriented physicians. Rights to practice were withdrawn in state after state, until naturopathy was confined mainly to a few Pacific Northwest states and a few Canadian provinces.

(cartoon picture of a medical doctor setting a light to a bonfire thing with people labelled "midwives", "naturopaths", "homeopaths" and "herbalists")
    That the demise of alternative practictioners in the U.S. has been high-handed is well-documented. The following is the initial decision by the Administrative Law Judge, Ernest G. Barnes, Docket No. 9064, dated November 13, 1978:

"The Federal Court determined that the AMA has produced formidable impediment to competition in the delivery of health care services by physicians in this country. That barrier has served to deprive consumers of the free flow of information about the availability of health care services, to deter the offering of innovative forms of health care delivery that could potentially pose a threat to the income of fee-for-services physicians in private practice. The costs to the public in terms of less expensive or even, perhaps, more improved forms of medical services are great."

In Canada, similar events took place. In his book "Canadian Medicine: A study in Limited Entry", Ronald Homowy summarizes:

"The following study's conclusions dispute the widely held belief that the various statutes and regulations raising the requirements for medical licensure were, in the first instance, enacted to protect the public from so-called incompetents. The historical data provide substantial evidence that the profession's motives in raising the standards of entry in medical practice and in instituting policies that prohibited advertising or any sort of price competition were almost purely ones of economic interest.... It is foolish to suppose that their occupation exalts them above using the means at their disposal to act in their own private interests."

The depletion of health in many children can be readily reversed, as shown in the letters from patients. The expense of naturopathic medicine is not high. Few of my patients pay over a few hundred dollars for their care at my clinic (his sessions are like $20 for 15 minutes- i had 2 when i went there. medicine cost a lot more then the sessions- in my case I believe it totalled to about $150).. Not only did they recieve relief of chronic disease that was considered incurable, but they also received a lifelong understanding, as they now know what caused their health problems and what to do to prevent these from returning. Education, not expensive technology, is the key to health.

(comic picture of a modern day michelangelo having completed a stone work saying "education is the key to health"

)

This is not to say there is no place for high-tech medicine. There is not a diagnostic device, drug or surgical technique that doesn't have a time and a place to be used to someone's advantage. Remember though that it is the results of disease being dealth with, not the causes.

Since no doctor, type of practice or philosophy of healing can help every patient or every type of problem, it's important that there be a variety of approaches to the treatment of disease. A person who slips through the "safety net" of one mode of healing might still have hope that another practitioner with different experiences and insights might catch them and help them back to health.

(comic picture of a guy on a tightrope, with a naturopatic below him, a family doctor below him, and 2 guys with a stretcher below him

).

(this part i'm not sure about, although perhaps there are people who only claim to be naturopaths.. who knows)

Naturopathic training includes as much basic medical science as any health-care profession. Research is an important part of the naturopathic colleges. The quality of naturopathic education and a more open political environment have resulted in the passing of new laws in recent years in Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Alaska that have expanded the rights of naturopathic physicians to practice. Many other states are also considering expanding or relicensing this traditional approach to health care.​

Yes, I do.

Well I'm glad that you apparently care if I hurt myself or not. But whether you believe it or not, I don't just say things off the top of my head.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  20. scott3x Banned Banned

Does she? Or do you, for that matter? I'm not saying that chemical imbalances can't exist. I'm saying that many drugs can exacerbate the problem, which I believe AntiFlag believes as well. This doesn't mean that all allopathic drugs are bad; as you can see, even a man I deeply respect, ND Jonn Matsen, believes that allopathic medicine can be quite useful at times. However, I would definitely trust any naturopath who has gone through a Naturopathic College over an allopathic doctor when it comes to things that aren't on the extreme end of things, as well as preventative medicine.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

so what would you do, put yourself in this scenario,

you have a child who is violent, agressive, can't concentrate, cannot make relationships with children they're own age, can't do well at school. and also puts himslef and others around him in dangerous positions, would you:

1, try couselling (which on its own is just has usefull has a chocolate fire gaurd)

2, play therapy

3, medications (which in most cases help the child and the extended family)

22. scott3x Banned Banned

I would have to know the child personally. As I mentioned, I'm not against medications per se, but I would most certainly consult a holistic doctor that I trusted; preferably Jonn Matsen (around 10 years ago he would even do sessions by phone, not sure if h e does that still), but if not, atleast a registered Naturopathic Doctor or one under the supervision of one (I personally have recently gone to the The Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic in Toronto, Canada; if I knew what general location you were at, I could find out if there are any registered naturopaths in your area.

Here's some info on the clinic I've gone to recently:

The Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic (RSNC) is Canada's largest naturopathic teaching clinic. We care for more than 100 patients a day, of all ages and with a wide range of health concerns.

At RSNC, senior clinic interns work under the direct supervision of regulated naturopathic doctors. Naturopathic doctors are highly educated primary care providers who integrate standard medical diagnostics with a broad range of natural therapies. As the teaching clinic of The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), therapies are offered at a reduced rate compared to other naturopathic centres. Your visit to RSNC creates a "win-win" situation whereby you receive the naturopathic care you need while our interns gain valuable clinical experience.​

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i live in lancashire, and yeah ok try and find one here,

how can someone who doesnt know your personally, do sessions over the phone?? seriously not even my locla doctor does that when i need to see him in an emergency

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.