Bought XBOX 360 Need Gaming Ideas

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by shorty_37, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John99 Banned Banned

But the PS3 still uses a CPU.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I had one of the original Xbox 360 systems and it worked great for a few years until.........the ring of death! But it was no big deal. I just contacted microsoft, they sent me a box, I sent the dead 360 back to them, and they sent me a new one. It didn't cost me a cent. I've had no problems with the new unit.

So long as they stand behind their product, what's the big deal? Xbox has way more games than PS3, is cheaper, and way better online play.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Xbox Live could be so much better than it is currently.

On all the games I have played online (COD4, Halo3, GTA IV, COD3, Ghost Recon, Fight Night 3, Fifa 08 and some others) you can't join a specific game that you want to. You can't go through a list of games and join one that you like the look of, you (if you're lucky) get to change some preferences and then it just chucks you in a game that fits. Then if you want to play in a different one you've got to go for the lucky dip again and quite regularly get put straight back in the same game.

A system like Unreal Tournament 2004's or Valve games' online modes would be better I think.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That's down to a mixture of things like Trueskill and Rankings as well as which Zone you play under. Basically you couldn't play against the same person again and again because your skill levels might differentiate. The only way round this of course is Split screen or Systems link on the games you want to play with your friends.

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I think they should have a separate mode then which doesn't involve true skill and rankings.

It pisses me off on GTA IV when I finally get into a good game with a decent bunch of people and we're all having fun, then at the end of the game we've got to all go back for our lucky dip.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The thing is about consols, games that there are very few really new things,ideas coming out. Except for Wii, what is the difference between a 5 year old PC game and the latest RPG on a consol?? The only thing is graphics, and since we already reaching very good,excellent quality, there is very little room to grow for innovation. So Wii wins....

Shorty, I have a thread on RRoD, go read it. It is really not a big concern. The breaking drumpedals and guitars are more annoying...

10. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I played on Wii Sports for half an hour before getting bored (including multiplayer).

I played on Mario Cart Wii for about half an hour and got bored. And another few hours on multiplayer untill I got completely bored of the game.

I will be playing Rockband tonight or tommorow, so lets hope that actually impresses.

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That's a good idea - beat the tar out of the whole family.

I'm not a fan of the xbox live thing either. Mostly cause i'm the one that has to run the cable downstairs.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There is always wireless. However obviously that's extra cost and more tinfoil hat waves, but definitely the Lazyman's way out of doing too much work.

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I figured - they prolly had some proprietary wireless device for network. Probably $200.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Syzygys so we dont keep hijacking shorty's thread i made a new thread on the wii

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I seriously hate the Wii, especialy the boxing game. Im a trained martial artist of nearly 20 years and I get my ass whooped by my 4 year old cousin what the hell?. Im there executing perfect fluent combo's of like 30-40 various punches at high speed while my guy is just standing there swinging 1 or 2 feable blows that dont connect, while my little cuz swings his arms around slowly 5-6 inches away from his body and his guy is going crazy beating my guy black and blue without effort.

But anyways, You already have 2 of my favorite games, Halo 3 and assasins creed. Tenchu Z is a decent game if you like stealth ninja type things. It's got some ok strategy games aswell, LOTR battle for middle earth, and C&C wrath of kaine. Mostly stick to shooting games for Xbox most shooters are pretty good. Wait until the end of 2008 start of 2009, thats when the hottest titles are being released.

peace.

16. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

HAHA that's funny. Damn kids are naturals.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I just bought this game today used for $9.00 going to try it out soon.

Also Tony Hawks Proving Ground for $9.99 since they have the other ones by him for the old XBOX.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 for $ 7.99

You really have to look around and know the prices. My son almost bought the Vegas 2 a few days ago at another store used for $22.99 and The Tony Hawk game was $29.00

That's his middle name

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

lol, The Wii has some seriously slow reacting sensor system, they need to tweak that shit or kids will get fed up with it once they reach the age of like 10 and move onto Ps3 or 360.

If the Wii was 100% responsive to fast movement I would 100% love that console.

peace.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Just played 2-3 hours of Wii tennis. If nothing else, just by being standing up made me tired...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.