Bottled Water vs. Tap Water

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by sandy, Jul 10, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

I think Dasani just lost a huge law suit. I tried it once. It tasted metallic.

You guys can laugh at me all you want. Do some of your own blind taste-tests. Penta wins every time with everyone I know who does it.

http://www.killercoke.org/seoul070831.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Two decades ago, English tap water was entered unknown into a contest to find the best bottled water. With No.20 top, it came No. 17.

I don't like filters. When I worked in a lab many years ago we had to continually change filters as they grew bacteria in them so fast, despite our best efforts. Ideally, tap water filters should be changed weekly (certainly in a warmish room), otherwise you could be drinking polluted water.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Myles. Why leave them in the fridge? We stored viruses at -70.C and even then products had a shelf life as they went off after time. A fridge at about +4.C is going to do nothing to any living contaminants.

It does make you wonder about some "spring water" when they take so many millions of bottles from it every day that you'd need Niagara falls to supply it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Myles Registered Senior Member

8. sandy Banned Banned

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

Straight from the tap the water can sometimes have a hint of chlorine. Leaving it in the fridge for a day removes any taste of chlorine that might be present, if not the trace of chlorine itself.

As far as bugs are concerned, I trust my water company to deliver a quality product. To the best of my knowledge there have never been any cases of tap water having a deleterious effect on anyone in my area. Had it happened, it would certainly have made the headlines in our local newspaper.

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

the only time i ever drank bottled water was in japan where the tap water tasted like arse. bottled water is just tap water from the city. my water comes straight from the bore behind my house.

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

I agree with the point you are making but am intrigued to know how you came to know what arse tastes liked.

13. sandy Banned Banned

14. DeepThought Banned Banned

Don't stay out in that sun to long.

We wouldn't want you getting a melanoma.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The reason we have so many Christians in California is that they can talk to God for free because it's a local call.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But it's a huge state, the third largest in the country and it would cover a good portion of Western Europe. 700 miles tall and 250 miles wide. (1100 x 400km) Naturally there's quite a diversity of scenery and culture. We live in the extreme northwest, which might as well be Oregon. Endless forests, rocky beaches, rural communities with an occasional "city" of 30,000 people, high temperatures 70F (22C) in the summer, lows 35F (1C) in the winter. But we spent most of our lives in Los Angeles, one of the world's largest metropolitan areas with ethnic cultures from all over the globe, beaches like Hawaii, and basically desert weather.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i prefer tap water!! filtered tap water is better though,

17. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Bottled water all the way.

Evian is possibly the most healthy.

In most states in America, and infact in the Uk, they add, as everyone knows, chloride...a disgusting, awful tasting poison. And also, they add, amongst other things, fluoride ...which is supposedly healthy for teeth growth, condition and strength. however, it has been proven that it can have ghastly consequences, including rotting of the jaw bone and other alarming things.

18. sandy Banned Banned

Evian did very well against the others I had tested. It was in the top 5 along with Penta and the gallon of Wal-Mart water. Seriously, that kind of blew us away.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!