Bloody Redcoats

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Arne Saknussemm, May 21, 2014.

1. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

So I’m reading how Prince Charles compares Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler and thinking: isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...pares-vladimir-putin-hitler-article-1.1799855

First of all everyone knows that if anyone should be compared it’s Vladimir Putin and Dobby.
    The Russian government was actually going to sue because of the resemblance.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://boingboing.net/2013/09/11/putin-ready-to-sue-harry-pott.html

Second of all, I recall lots of times when Not So Great Britain has done things worthy of Adolph Hitler.
    Here’s just a few links. I could go on for days:

http://www.monbiot.com/2005/12/27/how-britain-denies-its-holocausts/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/apr/23/british-empire-crimes-ignore-atrocities

http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100402031023AAzFofX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_war_crimes

The Redcoats have been acting like Nazis for a thousand years, and I guess the reason they were so against the Rise of The Third Reich is that they saw Germany as horning in on their territory. Back in the day, the British kind of had the International Imperialism Market cornered, did they not?

Of course now they’re just junior partners to the Americans, who are now upset that Dobby the house elf, erm, I mean Putin wants a larger piece of the action - not that Russia has ever been shy about world conquest…

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

So Putin got his gas deal with China.

It says something that Putin remains on the background on these pictures at $350 per 1,000 cubic meters China will pay abouth 92% of the average European price (380$) but Ukraine for example has to pay 485$. For these prices Russia will also have to make 55 billion dollar investments building (on a contract worth 400 billion) building pipelines trough Siberia (interesting note oil freezes at -40°C).

That's rather a low price to provide oil to a economy like China that's that hungry and has no oil for itself. This rushed deal will probably have more effect then the sanctions Anybody any idea what their margins are if considering their investment 55(bil) means they only get 345bil making a real average price of 301.875$ per 1,000 cubic meters (for the first 10 years) (less then80% of the average european price)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well prices have not been disclosed. I'm not even certain they are at that level of granularity yet in their negotiations. If you read the releases, they are using the word "estimates". That sounds like they have not nailed down price. But at any rate, it will take Russia at least 5 years to build the infrastructure. China obtains oil and natural gas from a number of other sources. China has a number of options, Russia not so much. China is in the sweet spot in this deal.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, well your comparisons are a bit of a stretch to say the least. But if you go back far enough you will find dirt in everyone's closet. Using your rules, no one would be able to speak period.

The fact is Prince Charles nor the United Kingdom during his lifetime has done anything even remotely similar to what Putin or the Nazi's did or what Putin has done. And Prince Charles is absolutely correct. Putin is following Adolph Hitler's world domination game plan to the T. The question is, will the world tolerate another Hitler? At some point the world will say no to Putin's plans for world domination. Where will they draw the line? I think they have drawn the line at the Ukraine.

8. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I don't hold Prince Charles personally accountable for any thing. He's just a figurehead guilty of a gaff since he is not supposed to be making political comments of any kind. Maybe his prozac was just kicking in when he spoke up in Canada. However, he was at some immigration museum that he compared Putin to Hitler, and I'm thinking, well aren't many Canadian immigrants Irish from the potato famine days? Isn't Chuck a direct descendant of the powers who exacerbated that situation for the Irish? Does he realize any of this?

It is not a 'bit of a stretch' to say the Brits are as bad as the Nazis. Have you read my links? And there may be dirt in everyone closet, but I'm positive my ancestors over the last two centuries (or yours) have been as knee-deep in muck as the British royals, or the British government in general.

Please read my links. This one http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/ will show you that some of Britain's crimes are quite recent, in the 1950s and 1960s, during Charles' lifetime (though again, I don't mean to say it is all his fault). I especially recommend that you read the one on the potato famine.

In any case, there is no statute of limitations on murder, so what if Britain's crimes were done even centuries ago?

I am not down on the British or trying to get that nation taken to the Hague to answer for its multitude of crimes. I am just saying that Napoleon was quite correct. History is written by the victors. In a parallel universe in which Germany won the war, Queen Elizabeth would have died in prison, I suppose.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well you say we are not responsible for the sins of our fathers, but then you keep going back there. The sins of our fathers are not relevant. As my dear old mother was fond of saying, two wrongs don't make a "right". We should learn from the mistakes of the past. I'd rather have Prince Charles or anyone else for that matter speak out against atrocity, unwarranted violence and aggression than to politely remain mum.

10. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

I agree. So why doesn't he speak about the atrocities committed by Great Britain? Man up, Chuck.

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No, in order for Prince Charles to be the Pot, he himself has to be guilty of those crimes, not his ancestors.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Russia invading Crimea would be similar to Hitler invading the Sudetanland.
    But if Hitler had stopped there, it would have caused no war.
    It was Germanic, just as the Crimea is Russian in ethnicity.

13. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I'd say that this is a better resemblance:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Except that Roose Bolton is more honest and upfront about his intentions.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

A naked man had few secrets a flayed man has none

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  15. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Yep, sounds like we've found our man. Don't go inviting him to any state weddings!

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I haven't checked the links yet so I hope I'm not just repeating anything. Not only has Great Britain has done things worthy of Adolph Hitler but some of them they did while fighting Hitler. They were hypocrites who condemned others for doing what they did & anyone presently proud of that history is a hypocrite, at best. Nearly every group has such somewhere in their past & some were worse than Hitler yet the past 1, 2 & 3 hundred years should not be dismissed as easily as 500 to 3000 years ago.