Blondes to go extinct!!!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Roman, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

An article that I found about "Blondes 'to die out in 200 years'":

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

As noted earlier, this is a hoax, or more likely, just plain old bad reporting. Snopes singles out this very article in their debunking of this myth. In particular, there was no such WHO study. They have better things on which to spend their time and money.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

What nietzschefan said, blonde people might go extinct, peroxide won't.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

I only like brunettes.
    And peroxide does not bring out the color the blondes have...just makes the hair look white, but blondes got more than white hair to them, its golden shining color.

8. Roman Banned Banned

Read the fucking thread.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

And like with many things it becomes more wanted when there's less of it.

10. andreirailean Registered Member

I think the curious fact about fake blondes is that the guys who pick them as partners are reinforcing the genetic desirability of the blonde. So when the world runs out of peroxide, there will be more guys who think that blonde is desirable than actual blondes. If the reasoning is right so far, the non-blonde chicks who go the peroxide route are making their kind more undesirable in the future.

So world runs out of peroxide, the guy is faced with 5 brunettes and 5 blondes. Blondes get the first pick. Brunettes get the leftovers. The world turns blonde.

In a million years everybody is blonde and everybody wins [assuming that sexual selection is the major force]

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Well, to be on the safe side, perhaps we should set up a "reserve" of sorts, just to make sure that the trait is conserved. I envision a few hundred acres set aside to mimic their natural habitat, complete with shopping malls, beaches, manicure shops, etc. Then we should stock this reserve with a few thousand prime specimens (primarily females, of course, say a ratio of 100:1). Naturally, an overseer would have to run the daily operations and interact with the 'specimens'.

I nominate myself for this arduous job - quite self sacrificing I know, but someone has to do it...

12. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I must say that Steve Colbert's idea of a captive breeding programme to preserve the blond gene has definite merits.

IMO, there's very little chance of the blond gene being actively selected against by potential partners anyway, so I'd say blonds are going to be around for a while yet.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Most of the genes involved are recessives, and have no known lethal effects even in the homozygote. You couldn't get get rid of them if you tried.

14. Saven Registered Member

Nah its a crock. Just because a trait is recessive, it will not disappear. Blue eyes has always been recessive. It's spread since its initial mutation.