Blacks Should Not Act As Monkeys?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by D'ster, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Does any of that seem racist to you?

Redarmy, you must understand that every society is racist to some degree. Even the phrase "racist society" is fairly redundant, because every society, from the xenophobic French to the melting pot of America to the rugged towns of China, is racist, even if just a little bit.

But if white children are "forced" into playing the role, its fine? Are white people the default race in America or something? And last time I checked, when entering a elementary/middle school play, children sign up to be IN the play, not to be a certain role. The play director chooses who gets what part. The black children weren't "forced" into being in the play any more than the white children were "forced" into being in it. They signed up, they got their parts. End of story.

Do you find it odd that, with 6,000,000,000 people alive on this rock we call home, at least 1 of those 6,000,000,000 might have a "racist perception" of white people being monkeys? Or of Latin people being monkeys? Or of monkeys being monkeys? I mean, come on, should every race complain because they have been chosen to portray an animal? Should the play direct bring in live monkeys to do the part that the humans are too good for? When does it stop?

And, in the real world, not everyone is trying to "keep the blacks down." But the majority of black people that I know still are stuck in an old mentality that the man is trying to keep them down, and that every gesture is one meant to slight them. Don't get me wrong, I love black people, and I've got several black friends. But there's always the select few who haven't changed, who don't want to change, and who will refuse-to-change themselves out of society's good graces.

AmishRakeFight

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

oh?
    do expand

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. imaplanck. Banned Banned

No that is not right race by its definition exists among humans. The old fallacies such as breed doesn't exist scientifically.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. imaplanck. Banned Banned

There is really nothing to expand on. I am a white atheist and I see attack against my groups human rights just as any afro-Caribbean would.

8. D'ster Registered Senior Member

If "we do know that scientifically there is no such thing as race"?

That would mean there is no such thing as racism, right?

9. Genji Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately no. We still have people that hate on other races. Racism might be funny to some righties but I wonder how much laughter there would be if we could drop the white racists off in central Congo. I would happily drive the truck to drop them off.

10. D'ster Registered Senior Member

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just does'nt belong.

Pick one.

Sorry, but some of you start to sound so alike.

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

Could it be that the Master Aryan made an error!?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In fact it was I that said people still hate on other races.

12. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i think that it would be more racist to tell the kids that only whites are allowed to play monkeys. i could understand if she made all and only the black kids monkeys(and some of them were good enough actors to have main parts instead), but this is just a mother getting pissed of because her son didnt get the lead in to play and being so black supremicist that she thinks her child deserves a better part simply because of his race.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Race is an arbitrary label applied to people from different populations

Definition: Webster's
    People who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock

However scientifically speaking there are not enough genetic differences between people to segregate them into races

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race

P.S. Try Google or wikipedia intead of nitpicking

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is racism

Racism:An act of discrimination based on an ideology of racial superiority

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ya he is the master of cut selectively and paste indiscriminately

16. D'ster Registered Senior Member

I'm just a Jewish kid from Los Angeles.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

For real? I pictured you a tatooed skinhead in northern Idaho.

18. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Who has the authority to say how much difference warrants a different racial clasification? There is no yard stick because no other species has a similar classification. One can argue that Wikipedia article may have been written by a PC influenced scientist. some races seperated 60000 years ago, modern humans are only thought to be 150000 years old. It is certainly debatable that any genetic difference that resulting from land seperation for so long should be defined as race.
    If you want to use google Im sure every one of us could find unstifled recent scientific material that needs to use the term race to make sense.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

ME TOO!!

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh Puh-lease!!!

http://www.leidenuniv.nl/fsw/iuaes/08-race.htm

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980909040042data_trunc_sys.shtml

http://raceandgenomics.ssrc.org/Lewontin/

21. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Granted - therefore educated people, and especially educators, should be aware of the consequences of their actions.

Yes, because white people aren't generally regarded as 'monkeys' by racist non-whites.

I've no idea. I'm British, it's a British news story but, in any case, I think the issues involved are international.

Then they should choose more carefully.

No, but one of them was forced into playing an inappropriate role against his will (I accept that he was probably too young to realise that it was inappropriate, and probably had normal, selfish, child-like reasons for wanting a different part. Nevertheless, he was herded into playing an inappropriate role by an adult who should have known better, as were the other black children).

I've never heard of white people, Latinos, Orientals, etc. being compared with monkeys in a derogatory way. I've frequently heard of black people being referred to and portrayed in this fashion, eg bananas being thrown at football matches whenever a black player gets the ball, to accompanying chimpanzee noises. It's a well-known stereotype, which the teacher should have been careful to avoid.

Do you know any wealthy, educated black people? Do they see society in this way? Even assuming for a moment that what you say is true, do you not wonder why the majority of blacks that you know harbour such a grudge? To be honest, though, I'd say this is more a characteristic of the poor and the uneducated than of black people. I know plenty of poor, white people with similar views and attitudes. I also know plenty who are at the opposite end of the spectrum, with many more dotted in between these two points. It takes all sorts, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

To sum up? The teacher should have been more sensitive to the issues. Did he/she honestly not consider the possibility that black parents might object to their children being given a role with such strong racist associations? As for everyone else: try putting yourself in the place of the black parent before you comment further (naturally, this doesn't apply to the unapologetic racists amongst you, who should just die painfully).

22. imaplanck. Banned Banned

23. D'ster Registered Senior Member

All dogs, horses, cats etc..... can interbreed too, I guess all dogs are the same?
    15% out of 100% is quite a difference to me.
    15% is alot of difference.

Human DNA is about 98.4% the same as chimpanzee DNA. This means that all the differences between humans and chimps is contained in only 1.6% of our DNA. To put this another way, chimps are 98.4% the same as humans. Why is this important? Because the race-deniers try to tell us that all humans are virtually the same except for some itsy bitsy minor little genetic things. Even the most race-deniers should be able to see how that itsy bitsy 1.6% difference between humans and chimps results in a world of difference between the two creatures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.