Black people

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by devils_reject, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopold Valued Senior Member

james hasn't been the only one to trash "your" theory
    let's see theres me, facial, bells, ophiolite, geoffp, huwy, snakelord, godless, even duendy and anomalous

so happeh, who is trashing "your" theory?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

He had a theory? Was it coherent, falsifiable and objective?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Grmbl- I am not sure why I post this, as it has been reiterated in these boards about a gazillion times.
    First: the genotypes of blacks and whites are not that different. In fact the most obvious resulting phenotype (skin colour) is only the product of very very few genes.
    If you want to see genetic differences (that is, difference in the genotype) the "intuitive" phenotypical markers (e.g. skin colour or eye forms) are not sufficient.
    In fact it is perfectly psoobly that two random "whites" from isolated areas show larger overall genetic differences to each other than, say, a white and a random black. Of course if you only look at specific genetic markers (e.g. those involved in melanin metabolism and thus skin colour) you can distinguish between them. But it is only a tiny aspect of the genetics.
    To get speciation you need large-scale differences. So you have to sequence a given population, select for the largest differences (and not focussing on single traits as e.g. colour), eliminate any cross-breeding (that is gene flux), try to get pure strains and wait for a few million years maybe... although in that case you will likely to end up with highly inbred populations that die off before speciation occurs...

8. iam Banned Banned

I don't think so, thats not how it works.

9. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Well, speciation (for higher eukaryotes that is) occurs if the gene pool of two populations becomes incompatible. So in the above (granted, very hypothetical and of course not serious) example this just might happen. At least an ideal basis would be given.

Edit: How do you think does speciation work (and yeh I am basically talking about allopatric speciation here).

10. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Not necessarily. All you have been saying is crap with no scientific backing. This is why I say you lack imagination when you read. These yellow and green people… what manifested their color? Could it be anything in their environment dumbass?

No, changes come from the environment, no change comes from within. Even Newton’s first law illustrates this to idiots like you-An object at rest remains at rest unless a foreign force is exerted on it. The same goes for all other kinds of changes. Humans did not come from dimension zero they are still products of nature and the universe and their survival is subject largely to changes in the universe. From what I have been reading about your ranting you are insinuating that changes come from humans alone, that’s just plain stupid and violates the basic premise of evolution.

I am not saying humans do not have some control over their environment, my basic assertion is that nevertheless changes still comes from situations without not within. Evolution is the same as adaptation dumbass. If white people stayed in Africa they would have died off from cancer and skin diseases.

Okay let me assume I believe your first sentence. Please for the last time can you tell us your own theory on how skin color came about? You keep on refuting scientific facts here and there but have never come up with your own theory. You are an Idiot. You think skin color is some kind of opulent decoration; it in fact has its own use. Everything in nature and in human beings is there for a reason not for beautification purposes. As it is it's better to be black in a hotter enviroment than to be white or are you saying white people don't get skin cancer from the sun easier than blacks?

According to whom? Again let’s assume I believe this. Can you please tell us how skin color came about? Every scientist I know assumes that skin color plays role in hotter enviroment but thanks to you alone all they have been saying is crap. So please tell us the reason for diversification in skin color

11. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Okay that is an ideal situation. How then do you explain how we got the dog and the wolf? Dogs were in fact living in the same places as wolves- the same habitat, same behavior, same genotype, and same gerographic area. They became wild dogs(a specie of it own) e.g dingos before they eventually became domestic dogs, but how... given such close proximity?

12. Eflex tha Vybe Scientist Registered Senior Member

devils reject:

humans originated in Africa. deal with it.

you're obviously trying to use your feeble grasp of genetics to justify your stormfront ideology.

in fact, your ignorant posts come closer to eugenics than anything else.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

give it up

13. ugabuga Banned Banned

So then what are the differences you speak of?

14. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Richard Lewontin, Evolutionary Biologist, Geneticist, Prof.Em. of Zoology Harvard, Author: article "The Fallacy of Racial Medicine"

Seymour Garte, EOHSI Toxicology Dept., Rutgers University: article "The Racial Genetics Paradox [...]" (.pdf format)

Jon Marks, Molecular Anthropologist, Professor UNC, Author: article "Race and Genomics"

Joseph L. Graves, Director of Biological Sciences, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Author of multiple books: article "What We Know and What We Don't Know [...]"

Wiki article, on S.J.Gould's controversial book "The Mismeasure of Man"

Skeptic's Dictionary article, background and links

PBS Evolution article, 2001: "Biology and Skin Color"

15. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Give what up? And what has humans originating from Africa got to do with anything. Let me get something straigh, are you antagonizing me because I am not an expert in genetics or on the fact that what I have clearly stated is pure ideology? Choose one please so we can be clear

16. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Okay if you are such an expert at this topic answer this simple question. I admit I am not very smart and don't have an in depth knowledge of genetics. How did the dog, red wolf, and cayote evolve from the gray wolf given that they lived in close proximity and exibit the same behavior?

17. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

LOL. so what all these books told you is that change does not come from the enviroment? Have you even read this books?

18. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What do you mean by dogs? (no this is not a meaningless question)

20. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

LOL, no, it's very politicized. I don't trust it for much, which is backed up by its tendency to reverse itself every few months with a new "study." Modern science? Fuck that - I pay attention to individual scientists who I know have brains.

The rest of your questions are moot, but I like the personal tag "Deicidal."

21. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

All life originated in yeast.
    Humans are life.
    Therefore, humans are yeast.

---

I wish people here studied logical argument. "Science" is apparently incompatible with it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Gould's argument:

1. Race must be genetic.
    2. We could not find a race gene
    3. Therefore, race does not exist.

A "race gene"? He denies that race is a collection of traits. Similarly Lewontin. If these are the best "modern science" can do, it's as fucked as modern society.

23. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

http://skepdic.com/iqrace.html

This article is not very intelligent. Its whole argument is that intelligence is difference from intelligence measurement. It then fails to make an accurate assessment of how much the two differ. These people are insane at worst, unscientific at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.