Black Holes Feed On Quantum Foam, Says Cosmologist

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Apr 2, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Quantum weirdness is just that.
    Feynman as you said, agreed we did not know, but he inferred that possibility.
    How can you present what you do with 100% certainty?
    And if you are 100% certain of your facts, where is your PROOF.
    And why not get it peer reviewed?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cav755 Banned Banned

Double slit experiments have been performed with C60 molecules. That's 60 interconnected atoms. If the particle splits in two then why are all 60 atoms always detected as a single C60 molecule when detectors are placed within the slits?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I don't know. Neither do you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cav755 Banned Banned

The C60 molecule, or any particle for that matter, is always detected entering, traveling through and exiting a single slit in a double slit experiment because the particle always travels through a single slit.

Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate, describes space as a piece of window glass, "Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness."

The Earth is moving through and displacing the window glass.

In a double slit experiment the particle is moving through and displacing the window glass.

Particles behave like particles and waves behave like waves.

The problem with mainstream physics is they think particles themselves can wave. From that mistake they have had to make up all sorts of nonsense as they are unable to bring themselves to realize it is the window glass which waves.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Answer my questions and stop avoiding them.

Back later!

9. Undefined Banned Banned

Then don't go around claiming you or anyone else in 'mainstream/orthodoxy' does, like you have been doing all over the place.

And the ONUS is on the claimant about the two slit and where the particle goes. If you or mainstream SAY/CONJECTURE it does NOT go though only one slit, then its up to you/mainstream to ante up with the confirmation observations which say explicitly it does not.

I know how you like referring to Ocam's Razor for your mindless 'rebuttals that aren't', but here IS a real case FOR considering that as a first point of departure for the arguments...

The Ocam's Razor initial assumption is reasonable that a particle goes through one slit. If you or anyone else says/maintains different, then you/they have to prove otherwise, not by conjecture, but by proof that it doesn't. Just INTERPRETATIONS from HYPOTHETICAL SPECULATIONS does NOT constitute 'confirmation' of your/their claim/assertion it goes through both.

Ok, paddotroll?

Did you at least read about NON-Newtonian Fluids I referred you to in post #111 before you again make your puerile cluelss 'challenges' to anyone else today?

10. cav755 Banned Banned

If you are able to understand that particles behave like particles then you will understand it is the mass which fills empty space which waves in a double slit experiment.

There is evidence of the aether every time a double slit experiment is performed; it's what waves.

You can understand it's what waves if you are able to understand particles behave like particles.

The particle is always physically detected entering, traveling through and exiting a single slit in a double slit experiment. This is physical evidence the particle always travels through a single slit.

Mainstream physics says something else occurs when you don't detect the particle. Mainstream physics then goes on to redefine what a particle is so it can make stuff up.

All you have to do is not redefine what a particle is and you have your evidence it is the aether which waves in a double slit experiment.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well why not put them straight and submit a paper for peer review?
    And why in the world would they make stuff up?
    Do you know how paranoid that sounds?
    Here's you claiming they make stuff up, and we have another nut elsewhere, claiming he has a ToE
    This delusional bug must be running rampant.

When you get that peer reviewed and accepted, come back and I'll agree...

12. Undefined Banned Banned

@Paddo, please stop your silly 'challenges' and baitings and just discuss the points with him or leave this alone.

But whatever you do, go read about NON-Newtonian Fluids at least, as I recommended all to do in post #111, so that at least you are all working with a semblance of similar terminology/concepts/physics relating to such fluids/behavior under 'pressure' etc. Ok, paddo?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are in no position to tell me what and what not to do when I am challenging some aspect of what I believe to be incorrect.
    If anyone has a new alternative explanation they need to undergo peer review.....
    Your's included. When I get the answers I want, when these silly claims are peer reviewed, including any illusionary ToE, then the required scientific method and protocol will have been followed.
    It's that simple.

You may see yourself as the forum mesiah...I see you in a far different light.

14. cav755 Banned Banned

They are making stuff up because they are in denial of understanding aether has mass.

Aether has mass which is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

The state of displacement of the aether is gravity.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

What ripples when galaxy clusters collide is what waves in a double slit experiment; the aether.

Einstein's gravitational wave is de Broglie's pilot-wave; both are aether displacement waves.

Aether displaced by matter relates general relativity and quantum mechanics.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The whole scientific community in denial?
    Do you realize how stupid and paranoid that sounds?
    Maybe its you that is in denial?
    I mean you have had trouble in other forums trolling, so why should I not believe you are the problem?

The rest of your post is moonshine.

16. cav755 Banned Banned

Pretty much.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Either that, or aether carries wave energy, and particles are high density concentrations of wave energy, that move in response to the directional inflow of gravity waves that are continually traversing the aether in all directions.

The hypothetical mechanism of how particles form and how their presence is maintained as they move in response to the directional gravity waves is what differentiates your concept from mine. Where are your mechanics?

If the aether cannot be compressed, what causes particles to condense out of it? If particles from as condensed aether, what gives them motion, and what determines their path through the aether?

If particles are not composed of wave energy, are they solid through and through, and if so, why are particles not all infinitely dense, or are you saying they are?

18. cav755 Banned Banned

This is the Le Sage's theory of gravity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Sage's_theory_of_gravitation) with waves instead of particles.

Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

The state of displacement of the aether is gravity.

Aether has mass and is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it. Displaced aether pushes back and exerts inward pressure toward matter. Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity. More correctly, the state of displacement of the aether is gravity. What is referred to geometrically as the curvature of spacetime physically exists in nature as the state of displacement of the aether.

Pressure. Where the pressure build up is great enough the aether condenses into particles of matter.

Their interaction with each other and their interaction with the state of displacement of the aether.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment#de_Broglie.27s_wave_mechanics

Aether exists within a proton where the quarks do not. Where the quarks are the aether is displaced. Quarks are condensations of aether. I do not know if quarks consist of parts or not.

19. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You didn't answer his other question: do you have any idea how stupid and paranoid that sounds?

20. cav755 Banned Banned

"The word 'ether' has extremely negative connotations in theoretical physics because of its past association with opposition to relativity. This is unfortunate because, stripped of these connotations, it rather nicely captures the way most physicists actually think about the vacuum. . . . Relativity actually says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of matter pervading the universe, only that any such matter must have relativistic symmetry. [..] It turns out that such matter exists. About the time relativity was becoming accepted, studies of radioactivity began showing that the empty vacuum of space had spectroscopic structure similar to that of ordinary quantum solids and fluids. Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness. It is filled with 'stuff' that is normally transparent but can be made visible by hitting it sufficiently hard to knock out a part. The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

Matter, solids, fluids, a piece of window glass and stuff have mass.

In a double slit experiment it is the stuff which waves.

21. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Cut, paste, repeat. Troll.

I think you DO understand how ridiculous you sound.

22. cav755 Banned Banned

You asked a question. I am answering it with a quote from Robert Laughlin who is saying there is an ether, however, you can't call the stuff which fills empty space ether as it is taboo.

The relativistic ether referred to by Laughlin is what waves in a double slit experiment.

23. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

That didn't have anything to do with the question asked. You may as well have answered with your favorite sports team.