Black Holes Feed On Quantum Foam, Says Cosmologist

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Apr 2, 2014.

1. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Repeating the same pseudorubbish doesn't make it any more real. And there is no empty space, so stop talking about it like it exists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cav755 Banned Banned

In a double slit experiment the particle does what particles do and travels through a single slit. The associated wave in the mass which occupies the three dimensional space unoccupied by particles of matter does what waves do and passes through both slits.

You understand there is no empty space. However, you can't understand it is what waves in a double slit experiment. However, the particle spreads out over all trajectories until it is measured. The C60 molecule traveling through all of the slits magically appears in a single slit if a detector is placed there, and on and on and on is the nonsense associated with not understanding a moving physical particle has an associated physical wave.

Just because it has been believed for the past 80 years doesn't mean it isn't a bunch of nonsense.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

brucep, reread your Posts #15, #16 and #66 (the ^^above quoted^^)!!!

Goodbye, brucep!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlackHoley Banned Banned

This interaction is rubbish.

The scale at which quantum foam occurs is much smaller than the observed effects of the wave function. We can even see this wave function in very small semi-classical objects, as I explained before. The wave function has nothing I am aware of, to do with quantum foam, or traversing in any kind of quantum aether. This doesn't mean the quantum aether doesn't exist, but what you are proposing is just another version of the Michelson Morley experiment, except you are misunderstanding the limits of your applications.

8. cav755 Banned Banned

The Michelson-Morley experiment looked for an absolutely stationary space the Earth moves through. The aether is not an absolutely stationary space. The aether is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

Watch the following video starting at 0:45 to see a visual representation of the state of the aether. What is referred to as a twist in spacetime is the state of displacement of the aether.

[video=youtube;s9ITt44-EHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ITt44-EHE[/video]

"Imagine the Earth as if it were immersed in honey," says Francis Everitt of Stanford University in California, the mission's chief scientist. "As the planet rotates, the honey around it would swirl, and it's the same with space and time."

The 'swirl' is the state of displacement of the aether.

The state of the aether as determined by its connections with the Earth and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Space/time exists and is what is twisting/warping.
    The aether as you present does not exist.
    You also failed to answer a question I asked of you previously.

10. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

You are so close to making sense to me, but no cigar. No cigar until you take the tiny step to say that as a particle passes through the medium, it leaves a disturbance in the gravitational gradient.... so there is a trailing disturbance in the medium caused by the change in energy density gradient in the space that a particle or object passes through.

That disturbance is a spherically expanding out flowing wave energy impression traveling at the local speed of light, and so its leading edge keeps up with a photon but always leaves a trailing balloon of disturbance that is transmitted across the medium behind it.

And the thing I think you are neglecting, and might need to consider is, since those disturbances expand spherically at the local speed of light, any other particle or object is expose to that disturbance or change in gravitational gradient as it passes through the same space. Thus information about the motion of the particle is left behind, and transmitted through the medium. It remains after the particle has passed.

Yes, the particle goes through one slit, and the disturbance goes trough both slits, and expands spherically through the whole apparatus. If you then bend its path with mirrors, it encounters its own disturbance. That is a big difference from the way you say it. The difference is that you say the particle passes through one slit (true), and what waves in the double slit experiment is the aether (almost there). But the particle itself is also just a complex set of waves, fed from the directionally inflowing wave energy of the medium, and leaving an expanding spherically out flowing wave energy impression in the medium of space that it passes through. Put that into your double slit quantum erasure experiments

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But don't respond to this because we have covered our common ground elsewhere, and I have not made sense to you then, and won't now. My problem is, I'm human, but that is everyone's problem, lol, and so I just want to say it again, even knowing it won't mean anything. Never-the-less, you are doing a pretty good job.

11. cav755 Banned Banned

'Offset between dark matter and ordinary matter: evidence from a sample of 38 lensing clusters of galaxies'
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1004.1475

"Our data strongly support the idea that the gravitational potential in clusters is mainly due to a non-baryonic fluid, and any exotic field in gravitational theory must resemble that of CDM fields very closely."

The offset is due to the galaxy clusters moving through the aether. The analogy is a submarine moving through the water. You are under water. Two miles away from you are many lights. Moving between you and the lights one mile away is a submarine. The submarine displaces the water. The state of displacement of the water causes the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water to be offset from the center of the submarine itself. The offset between the center of the lensing of the light propagating through the water displaced by the submarine and the center of the submarine itself is going to remain the same as the submarine moves through the water. The submarine continually displaces different regions of the water. The state of the water connected to and neighboring the submarine remains the same as the submarine moves through the water even though it is not the same water the submarine continually displaces. This is what is occurring physically in nature as the galaxy clusters move through and displace the aether.

'The Milky Way's dark matter halo appears to be lopsided'
    http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.3802

"The emerging picture of the asymmetric dark matter halo is supported by the \Lambda CDM halos formed in the cosmological N-body simulation."

The Milky Way's 'dark matter halo' is lopsided due to the matter in the Milky Way moving through and displacing the aether.

Thanks.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Keep repeating it...it changes nothing...The aether as you present is non existent....
    If you have a paper on your own version, then get it peer reviewed.
    And just as you ignored my previous question, I dare say you also won't get it peer reviewed.
    Which means one thing....This forum is the only attention grabbing you will ever be able to achieve until you do get whatever it is you think peer reviewed....

13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Lenses have a focal point, and what you see in focus is a tiny point in space equi-distant behind the lensing galaxy from the observer, i.e. multiple in focus views of the same objects. But objects not at the right focal distance will appear as smudges or blurred; out of focus.

14. cav755 Banned Banned

What you see is the light lensing through the aether displaced by the moving galaxy clusters analogous to the star moving through and displacing the aether in the following image.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Analogous to the aether displacement wave created by the particle in a double slit experiment.

15. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I know all that. I'm just saying that the way you say it leaves out some important particulars. But in this business, agreeing on some alternative ideas is better that not allowing for any alternative ideas, lol.

16. cav755 Banned Banned

Cool, then we agree aether has mass which is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it and is what waves in a double slit experiment.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Lol, I know you say all that, but I don't entirely agree.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If it is as you so confidently put it, why are you so terrified of peer review?

19. cav755 Banned Banned

Don't worry, soon enough you'll understand displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity; the state of displacement of the aether is gravity.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just because some half baked proto pseudoscientist comes along claiming a Michelson/Morley type aether does not invalidate current mainstream theory.

21. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Would it be close enough to say that the foundational medium of space has a spongy characteristic that allows multiple wave crests to traverse the same locality in space and compress the medium there to a density related to the combined energy carried in those wave crests?

22. cav755 Banned Banned

The aether is, or behaves similar to, a supersolid. It's not spongy and does not compress. It is analogous to an ideal incompressible fluid that we, at this time, are not certain if it flows, or not.

The incompressible fluid described in the following article is the gravitational aether which "the theory reduces to GR coupled to an incompressible fluid."

I like the way the article describes the "aether is an incompressible fluid (with vanishing energy density, but non-vanishing pressure)".

'Empty Black Holes, Firewalls, and the Origin of Bekenstein-Hawking Entropy'
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.4176

"But why an incompressible fluid? The reason comes from an attempt to solve the (old) cosmological constant problem, which is arguably the most puzzling aspect of coupling gravity to relativistic quantum mechanics [13]. Given that the natural expectation value for the vacuum of the standard model of particle physics is ∼ 60 orders of magnitude heavier than the gravitational measurements of vacuum density, it is reasonable to entertain an alternative theory of gravity where the standard model vacuum decouples from gravity. Such a theory could be realized by coupling gravity to the traceless part of the quantum mechanical energy-momentum tensor. However, the consistency/covariance of gravitational field equations then requires introducing an auxiliary fluid, the so-called gravitational aether [14]. The simplest model for gravitational aether is an incompressible fluid (with vanishing energy density, but non-vanishing pressure), which is currently consistent with all cosmological, astrophysical, and precision tests of gravity [15, 16]:

__3__
    32πGN Gμν = Tμν − Tα gμν + Tμν ,
    Tμν = p (uμ uν + gμν ), T μν;ν = 0,

where GN is Newton’s constant, Tμν is the matter energy momentum tensor and Tμν is the incompressible gravitational aether fluid. In vacuum, the theory reduces to GR coupled to an incompressible fluid."

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well since you put that as a fact, against the scientific methodology, can you show us proof......Not evidence...proof.

On the other hand, proper science works on theories that gain in support as evidence to their validity mounts.
    So again, where is this proof for your fact?