Black Holes Feed On Quantum Foam, Says Cosmologist

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Apr 2, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes it does.
    Richard Feynman says the same thing.
    It's part of quantum weirdnsss and science does not fully comprehend what is going on..

And again, the aether as you present is non existent.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cav755 Banned Banned

No one says the particle travels through both slits.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Richard Feynman does.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cav755 Banned Banned

No, he doesn't.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

9. cav755 Banned Banned

You haven't watched the video have you?

'The Character of Physical Law'
    http://www.physicsteachers.com/pdf/The_Character_of_Physical_Law.pdf

"Nobody, however, has succeeded in producing an explanation that is satisfactory" - Page 138

"Nobody can give you a deeper explanation of this phenomenon than I have given; that is, a description of it. ... But the deep mystery is what I have described, and no one can go any deeper today." - Page 145

10. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

paddoboy, where in the youtube video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJfjRoxCbk ) does Richard Feynman state : "the particle travels through both slits"? Maybe you would be kind enough to Post the minutes/seconds section of the video that contains Mr. Feyman stating that?

The full transcripts of Mr. Feymans Lecture is available for viewing at : http://www.physicsteachers.com/pdf/The_Character_of_Physical_Law.pdf

paddoboy, Richard Feynman makes a very important point, beginning at about 53:40 of the youtube video you Posted the Link to : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJfjRoxCbk

To wit :
    - the ^^above quoted^^ from : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJfjRoxCbk

paddoboy, you really have not "corrected" any of what you perceive as cav755's "nonsense"! You have only Posted what most other readers of this Forum perceive as "paddoboy's usual nonsense"!

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Bingo!
    That's the point. No one exactly knows what's going on..Feynman says that a number of times.

here's another.....

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_century_science/lectures/lec13.html

Again though, the aether as you present is non-existent.

12. cav755 Banned Banned

I said,

You responded,

Do you now understand Richard Feynman never said the particle goes through both slits?

In a double slit experiment it is the aether which waves.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your infatuation is noted, as usual
    Please see previous post.

NOTE: We don't know what's going on.

NOTE 2; cav755 is presenting his particle only going through one slit, as associated with an aether field.

note 3: You need to get with the proper gist of a debate before you let your infatuation with me get the better of you.

14. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Do Brucep and Paddoboy have the first clue about quantum mechanics?

Do they have an idea, while they have been arguing with the OP of the thread, that there is no such thing as empty space, that empty space is a classical Newtonian concept?

I bet they don't have an idea at all. They just think it should be named aether. Whatever name you wish to call it, both of them have a very skewered understanding of what physics actually says about the quantum vacuum. These two numbskulls don't have the first clue.

Bruceps ignorance is just clarified by statements like ''space has mass hahaha...'' well actually yes. The statement is not only true in relativity, but in quantum mechanics, empty space is unthinkable. Even if you could remove all mass from a region of space, there would still be residual energy left over known as zero point. There is no such thing as free space and as I said before, these two numbskulls wouldn't have the first the clue.

15. cav755 Banned Banned

Virtual particles, with mass, popping into and out of existence out of nothing is superfluous; empty space has mass.

It is the mass which fills empty space which waves in a double slit experiment.

16. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

"infatuation" = possibly paddoboy's feckless, puerile attempt at proffering an "insult"...??!!

Which previous Post # are you perhaps picking or possibly pointing out, paddoboy??!!

If "We don't know what's going on." , then how can "we" be absolutely positive that cav755 is not correct??!!

paddoboy, I got "with" a lot more than just "the proper gist" of this Thread, before you Posted in this Thread!!

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Do you understand what what it means when someone says, "we don't really know what's going on?"

Do you understand that he says nothing about an aether and whether it waves or not?

18. BlackHoley Banned Banned

It doesn't matter what way you say it or dress it up, I was just pointing out their errors. Whether space has mass, probably shouldn't be mixed with space is mass: space itself is a physical sheet, of virtual particles of course. There is no empty space in physics, this is the point. Origin and Brucep are pitiful amateurs when talking about science.

19. cav755 Banned Banned

Yes, I know when Feynman says "we don't really know what's going on" he is not saying the particle travels through both slits.

I said, "No one says the particle travels through both slits."

You responded, "Richard Feynman does."

You stated Feynman says the particle travels through both slits.

This is incorrect as you have just pointed out.

You have refuted your own statement.

In a double slit experiment it is the aether which waves.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If you could for one minute stop taking things out of context, you will notice that mainstream science discounted the aether as cav755 presents, a long time ago.
    And of course what cav755 says about passing through one slit, is not the mainstream position, which is naturally the default position.

I don't for one minute believe you got the gist of anything. Obsessions are blinding you to reality.

21. cav755 Banned Banned

There are no such things as virtual particles of course, that's the whole point.

There is nothing with mass popping into and out of existence out of nothing in a time scale too small for us to detect.

Empty space has mass. A particle moves through and displaces the mass which fills empty space. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the mass which fills empty space passes through both.

Three dimensional space unoccupied by particles of matter has mass.

22. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Now you need to shut up. Because you're talking pseudo.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

He also does not say it travels through one slit....
    He also does not say anything about any fanciful aether as you present...