Black Crime

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by alexb123, Aug 29, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

right ooooon, and also. watch waht'd happen if we DID remove black people from te equation...oh my deaaaar, then it'd be the poor who'd get the stick

same old same old

they calls it scapegoatin'!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sniffy:

But I've come around to thinking that you are right segregation is the key. As long as one segregated group doesn't expect the other segregated group to do its dirty work I think I'll be fine with that.

Well that depends on what you call 'dirty work'. Denmark allowed many immigrants into their country to do menial labor the Danes would not do. They are upset now because some of these immigrants do not integrate well...they are experiencing a cultural divide. In a city like NY many communitites are quite self-contained, china town comes to mind. My argument is not in favor of segregation per se (I am neutral), I mean people should be able to congregate with whom they like. I am simply stating that
    desegregation is not a panacea for racial or religious conflict, many in asian,jewish and hispanic etc. communitites do not totally integrate. They retain their community clulture/language/traditions/identity and incorporate it within pan-americana but they do not look to outside communitites to solve their internal problems. What annoys me is the image of african americans relying heavily on institutions and a culture it deems racist and without concern for its well being. Opening ones mouth like the beak of a baby bird is not the way to go, so I say strengthen the ties within ones own community to ensure the survival of its members. Like building local business and community projects designed to address their concerns on a grass root level as opposed to throwing ones hands in the air and complaining that white society or uncle sam doesn't love them.

Sniffy: Of course segregation will iradicate greed, poverty, drugs and human disfunctionality

Whatever made you deduce that from my statements?

Sniffy: (well these issues are not a problem in 'white society' anyway)

I have never claimed this.

Sniffy: so there will be no crime at all and all the resources will be shared equally so that won't be a problem in either of these groups and they will all be living in absolute harmony. Just like 'Lord of the Flies', right?

Its typical for the idealist to assume the extreme while viewing from any perspective. I'll just put it this way, in order for people to solve problems they have to deal with the reality and not the ideal. We have to begin with what is and what we know.

Sniffy: And they call me an idealist!

YES!! You remind me of the kind of person who would attend a Live 8 concert.

Sniffy: Or how about inventing a time machine and we can go back to the days before the European set his sites on plundering the riches of Africa and Asia? Lots of peace reigned then eh?

Why would there be a need for that?

Sniffy: Or we could look beyond race and instead at the 'system' which has helped to produce such grands scale materialism, selfishness and greed.

Okay then what is your grand scheme for changing what has become a global system? Do you really believe that the handful of protests and rallies during the G8 conference made any difference to the powers that be? And what will you do with the majority of the worlds population still existing within a traditional cultural context where race/religion/caste/class/tribe and their divisions still thrives? What do you do when these populations deem your interest in 'liberal' ideas as altruistic colonialism? As a threat to their way of being?

Sniffy: file that under: no easy answers found.

Its your idealism wrapped in such a nice easy package leading down the road towards NO answer...simply wishful thinking with no context for implimentation.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Duendy: also the war on drugs...do you know about ethnic cleansing...about teutter corruption of government, etc etdc. all tis is included. its not really about the black person 'climbing the ladder and getting afluent' all of that IS the corruptio feeding the monster

You didn't even address the questions in my post, oh well. You throw around 'war on drugs' without any context at all (just because someone offers you crack doesn't mean you have to smoke it even if it is from the CIA.) Do I know about ethnic cleansing? Of course in fact I am living in a country where they are about to have an international tribunal on autogenocide, but so what? Ethnic cleansing of whom exactly or do you just fancy the phrase and its utterance in thin air without any...context. Given birth stats I don't think the US will run out of African americans any time soon and if one believes that another group wants them dead then said group should get busy protecting and preserving themselves don't you think? Sweetheart I hate to blow your balloon but it IS about affluence. Don't believe me just ask Oprah! Affluence built within a community benefits everyone especially if the resources remain within the community (and no I am not speaking against trade), but in order for that to work the wealthy of said community must reinvest into it. Next time please offer a coherent argument.

Duendy:right ooooon, and also. watch waht'd happen if we DID remove black people from te equation...oh my deaaaar, then it'd be the poor who'd get the stick

As if anyone even suggested such a thing. YOU'RE A HYSTERIC!! Reading what isn't there. You're a real uncle tom aren't you. And what if some strange force did remove you from their equation? Whould you then fail to exist?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. J.B Banned Banned

WHO ARE THE POOR?
    percent of 1992 poor who were:

male 42.6%
    female 57.4

white non-Hispanic 49.6
    black 28.8
    Hispanic 18.0
    other 4.7

central city 42.4
    suburban 31.8
    nonmetropolitan 25.8

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Poverty-in-the-US.html

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

Lucy snow.....white?

you are full of it....words!

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So, Duendy, is that really all you have to contribute to this thread? If so, why do you even bother? It does nothing but point out for all to see, your lack of knowledge about the topic.

Baron Max

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

have yourself or mz lucy snow-white ever even BEEn in your most feared place...theeee ghetto?...or az yer got yer heads in tem statistis and words words words?...which?

11. sniffy Banned Banned

First of all Lucy I have stated on several occasions that my objection to this thread called 'Black Crime' and the other variations on a theme that regularly pop up on this 'sciforum' is the placing of the USA's crime problems entirely at the feet of black people with a few hispanics thrown in for good measure. This is not a thread about segregation! The suggestion of segregation to solve this 'problem' came from the baron - it is his solution to all perceived ills.

Anyway, no-one here seems to be prepared to admit it, yet we have seen it close up and personal thanks to Katrina, that America is already segregated along ethnic and 'racial' lines, always has been and probably always will be. Thankfully I don't live in America. I live where I live cos I got a reasonably decent education, have a reasonably decent job and got onto the housing ladder before prices rocketed and excluded all but the offspring of the rich from getting onto the bottom rung. All those earning less than $20 000 per annum please segregate yourselves to the shitty housing across town!

How good of the Danes to allow all those immigrants in to do their menial tasks for them. I guess now that they want better jobs for more pay the Danes are not too happy and wish to send them all back! This whiteycentric arrogance is so typical! And you dare to call me a 'liberal'!

And there you go again with the assumption that all black people rely on handouts - news they don't. Also, do black people control the importation of drugs, the building of decent and affordable housing, the gun laws and supply of illegal guns (99% are leftovers from Americas imperial wars)? Fair frigging trade for African farmers? I didn't think so. Despite all this do they continue to pay their taxes? Hell yes!

So if you want all these new black owned businesses and self help projects (suggest you look closer they are there already) perhaps all the black people that have contributed their taxes, labour, blood, sweat and tears to the building of America and most of the countries in the G8 could have a refund?

As for Live 8? Please don't insult me. It didn't even figure on my radar.

Isolating communities or segregating them or allowing them to segregate themselves 'voluntarily' just who is going to oversee that (note my choice of word here) project? Those communities that are already voluntarily segregated - do they still have a crime problem or has it magically gone away?

Could you all please form an orderly queue to the promised land cos I have a dream.....

Not just Malcolm rolling in his grave.

12. J.B Banned Banned

Government racial crime FACTS:

Blacks were 7 times more likely than whites to commit homicide in 2002
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

13. sniffy Banned Banned

JB
    good website
    do you want to look at those stats again - more closely
    white folks better watch out your family and/or workmates are out to kill you!

14. J.B Banned Banned

Now remember sniffy, blacks are only 12% of the population compared to whites at 70% of the population.

Could you imagine how much crime the U.S would have it it was 70% black? It would be like Haiti or Africa.

I would think that not many blacks would commit crimes in the workplace, that would involve getting a job first.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

These statistics are dwarfed by this one:
    50,000,000 people killed in WWII, largely at the hands of non-African people.
    6,000,000 alone killed by the Germans in concentration camps.

16. sniffy Banned Banned

JB
    imagine what the US would be like if it were 70% like you
    oh actually that's not too hard to imagine

17. J.B Banned Banned

Thats Nothing:

Please be mindful of the fact that 9.2 millions people have died in Africa in the last 10 years (1994 to 2003) due to the effects of conventional arms in conflicts. 9 millions dead in the last 10 years. That’s like the whole of London or New York, or Yokohama and Los Angles, or Sydney and Uruguay, or Ireland and Central African Republic dead in the last 9 years. 9 Million dead, over 70% being civilians; mostly women and children.
    http://www.arcuk.org/pages/apology-9m-deaths.htm

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, they are trying (in vain) to catch up with the brutality of Europeans. I didn't even count the smaller western wars.

19. Facial Valued Senior Member

And I assume you are happy with that, since they're Africans?

20. Facial Valued Senior Member

And I assume you are happy with that, since they're Africans?

I certainly am not.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So did this topic change to comparing the number of deaths in the world?? How is that related to the topic "Black Crime"? How does the number of deaths during World War II related to "Black Crime"? Duh?? Is this like comparing apples and oranges?

Baron Max

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, you must be one of few, then .....because no one does a fuckin' thing to stop it! And more importantly, I suppose, it's not even important enough for the news media to even mention it ....even when acting horrified at the few deaths caused by Katrina.

Lots of people CLAIM to care, but how many really do? And is just saying that one cares enough?

Baron Max

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

J.B.:

What percentage of the overall population are these different groups? (i.e. what percentage of Americans are black, white, Hispanic etc.)?