Black/Brown/Gay etc Pride = Good; White Pride = Racism

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Thoreau, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sniffy Banned Banned

Haven't I?

Wolves come in packs not prides....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The point was that pride is a human thing and it causes problems such as those described in the OP.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

Damn humans!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But the main point is by all means be proud of what people who look like you have achieved but at the end of the day what have you got to be proud of, ya know, besides taking credit for someone else's doing?

Or to put it another way:

We's all humans. NOT wolves. Or snails. Or goldfish.

What as an individual have you done to be proud of?

Doesn't have to be inventing the internal combustion engine now, does it?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It doesn't have to be about what 'your group' has achieved in the past.
    Being in a group in itself seems to be enough to be proud of it for some people.

8. sniffy Banned Banned

Ain't that what I'm saying!!?? Just cos you got a white face you can take personal credit for what white face has done in the past? Cos you got black face you can take personal credit for what black face has done in the past? Get out of my face!

Hell! We are all in the same damn group anyway; the homo sapiens group......

So there is grounds for equal pride or equal shame depending how up or down you are on that particualr group

Humans have shat on humans (and other species) throughout history, often with the rather convenient help of another set of humans. If you don't like the taste of shit; make sure you lead, follow, or get out of the damn way.

And whilst I am throwing cliches about this one seems appropriate:

'If you're not part of the solution; then you're part of the problem.'

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm only proud of what I might achieve, not about what other achieve. And yes, I think we agree

About our shared group; there is more reason for shame than for pride.

Anyone know what the solution is? I wanna be part of it..

10. sniffy Banned Banned

I doubt it's a collective or final one.

Apart from maybe being human. A theme of mine to those in the know

....and humans can be so very beastly.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I hope it's not..

Ok, that was tasteless..

I know what you mean, but I consider that an insult to non-human animals.

They We ARE beasts.

12. sniffy Banned Banned

I think I may be a bit too subtle sometimes enmos.....

I know humans are beasts...... and so uniquely beastly sometimes.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know that that's what you meant, I just wanted to say it

14. sniffy Banned Banned

You beast!

15. TSchmee Registered Senior Member

I can think of an example of a non-offensive, peaceful and (mostly) socially acceptible celebration of European heritage:

The Rennaissance Faire.

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

i must say i am sick to death of black & dark skinned people expecting me to prove i am not racist and show some type of assimilation to their culture.

SICK OF IT !

this type of overt racist separatist aggression is growing old very fast.
    &
    is fostering retaliatory racist ideology in young people with plenty of working examples to draw from.

the tide is turning and the king is sitting on his thrown screaming at the sea.

17. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

bravo!

18. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

seconded ! excellent post !

Originally Posted by willnever
    ===================

minority racial groups expect whites to be held to a different standard of public behavior than themselves. it's been that way for twenty years. Songs with anti-white lyrics are celebrated by blacks everywhere. But if you get don imus on the radio calling a group of girls nappy-headed hos, and then apologize for it, you can bet that al sharpton will immediately see to it that he's fired -- which imus was.

For those who don't know, al sharpton is a self-promoting instigator of racial unrest who, along with jessie jackson, masquerades as a black civil rights activist. Sharpton is the one who shows up whenever anything even *remotely* racial is happening. If there are any black people involved, and if they're clashing with any white people (whether it's due to racial reasons or not), then you can bet that reverend al will eventually jump on it. Then he pours as much gasoline onto the proverbial fire as it takes for them to get another spot on the 11 o'clock news.

He is also the racist, flaming shitwheel who completely fabricated the infamous tawana brawley case (look it up) back in 1987, and he did so in order to (1) make himself famous and (2) attack some white cops on the nyc police force that he and his followers didn't like. Al sharpton also once dreamt of being the nation's first black president. During his one and only presidential campaign, sharpton used his campaign contributions to line his own pockets, by claiming that the money was needed to help support his "ministry" while he was busy with the duties of campaigning. Apparently, reverend al's ministry includes a swimming pool, a sauna, and a maid. I guess he needs all of that stuff to get closer to jesus. What he deserves is a prison sentence.

What we're faced with is an ethnic group that on the one hand, screams that they want equality. On the other hand, they say and do all sorts of self-defeating things which willingly draw a dividing line between themselves and every other ethnic group. That's not moving towards integration and equality -- that's moving backwards, into even worse divisiveness and mutual mistrust.

===================

sounds like this al sharpton character is a hater evil spreader just looking for excuses to vent his own personal hate.
    i have encountered this quite often in preacher type people.
    they go about screaming at others and telling everyone else how evil they are so they can validate their hate and emotional abuse toward everyone else.

a true preacher preaches love and non violence.
    facilitates discussion and aids in seeking forgiveness.

how pathetic and miss guided people are to follow haters who are infact spreading evil while parading around in the frocks of the churches.

these type of people want a war and want to be the god of that war.

they define themselves by the very existence of hate and anger and the more hate and anger there is the more fulfilled they feel and self validated.

they are a scourge ambulance chasing type of evil propagator and should be excised from the community.