Black/Brown/Gay etc Pride = Good; White Pride = Racism

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Thoreau, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Why is it that blacks can be pro-black without being anti-anybody?

Why is it that Hispanics can be pro-Hispanic without being anti-anybody?

Why is it that almost every single racial and cultural group in America can be pro-their culture or race with out being anti-anybody...

Every group that is, except for whites.

Why is it that being pro-white automatically equates to being anti-everybody else in the eyes of society?

Discuss!

(Waiting to be banned lol)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Doreen Valued Senior Member

1) If your group has been shit on or marginalized it has a different feeling when you are pro your group explicitly. If you are generally taken as the norm from which other groups deviate from, which is the position white people are in, then it can feel like a hankering to have it over others.

2) Whites aren't really a group. I see Irish parades and generally these are not seen as racist. If you have some cultural or experiential thing in common and that's what you focus on, even if you are pretty much all white, it ain't taken as racist. It's actually an odd thing to be pro-white. But if you as a German american want to have a German culture day with a focus on the German american experience, or whatever, most people are not going to take this as racist unless Nazi flags are flown.

3) There are millions of daily pro-white messages that are implicit. Once you add on the explicit it comes off as a power play.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Minority racial groups expect whites to be held to a different standard of public behavior than themselves. It's been that way for twenty years. Songs with anti-white lyrics are celebrated by blacks everywhere. But if you get Don Imus on the radio calling a group of girls nappy-headed hos, and then apologize for it, you can bet that Al Sharpton will immediately see to it that he's fired -- which Imus was.

For those who don't know, Al Sharpton is a self-promoting instigator of racial unrest who, along with Jessie Jackson, masquerades as a black civil rights activist. Sharpton is the one who shows up whenever anything even *remotely* racial is happening. If there are any black people involved, and if they're clashing with any white people (whether it's due to racial reasons or not), then you can bet that Reverend Al will eventually jump on it. Then he pours as much gasoline onto the proverbial fire as it takes for them to get another spot on the 11 o'clock news.

He is also the racist, flaming shitwheel who completely fabricated the infamous Tawana Brawley case (look it up) back in 1987, and he did so in order to (1) make himself famous and (2) attack some white cops on the NYC police force that he and his followers didn't like. Al Sharpton also once dreamt of being the nation's first black president. During his one and only presidential campaign, Sharpton used his campaign contributions to line his own pockets, by claiming that the money was needed to help support his "ministry" while he was busy with the duties of campaigning. Apparently, Reverend Al's ministry includes a swimming pool, a sauna, and a maid. I guess he needs all of that stuff to get closer to Jesus. What he deserves is a prison sentence.

What we're faced with is an ethnic group that on the one hand, screams that they want equality. On the other hand, they say and do all sorts of self-defeating things which willingly draw a dividing line between themselves and every other ethnic group. That's not moving towards integration and equality -- that's moving backwards, into even worse divisiveness and mutual mistrust.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Wow, look a summation of an ethnic group.
    Do you think it is genetic?
    What does it mean about me if I have had radically different experiences of the members of this group?

But hey, if German americans are regularly discriminated against, as the OP writer claims, perhaps I live in another USA.

Or is he, as a German American, screaming that he wants equality, when in fact he is doing self-defeating things which willingly draw a line between himself and every other group.

So much research to be done, so little time.

8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Why can't we get rid of pride altogether?

9. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

You are just helping my point. Whites aren't socially allowed to be proud of their race unless it relates to nationality, which isn't proud to be white at all, because there are non-whites from the same countries as well.

But yet somehow it's ok for blacks to be proud of being black not for being American, African, Irish or anything else but for ONLY being black... but I guess blacks aren't really a group either?????? See my point?

10. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I'm not just talking in vague generalizations here, Doreen. There are specific examples and easily demonstratable patterns of blacks expecting white people to behave in a wholly different set of rules than they. Let me give you an example. Blacks often freak out when white people use the word "nigger" in almost every usage of the term -- and rightfully so. It is a degrading label. However, those same blacks will often then use that degrading label "nigger" to refer to themselves or others who are black.

Now, if blacks are going to openly and casually use the word "nigger" (and they do -- all the time), then white people can use it, too. For blacks to tell whites that it's "okay for us to say nigger, but it's not okay for YOU to say it" is in itself an openly racist attitude.

By telling me that I am not allowed to say certain words because of my race, you are basically saying that the color of a person's skin should determine how they are allowed to behave in our society. Now tell me... how exactly is that any different than whites telling blacks that because of the color of their skin, they aren't allowed to ride in the front end of the bus..? Fundamentally speaking, there is no real difference here. Making ethnically based decisions about what people are allowed to say, or how they can behave, or anything else for that matter is RACISM, pure and simple.

11. Doreen Valued Senior Member

That's not a parallel. A parallel was if blacks expected white to accept a term with the kind of charge and history nigger has for them. Honkey does not cut it. Nigger meant subhuman beast. If blacks had a word with that kind of charge for white, you can damn well bet whites would call them on using it.

Nah. It does not mean the same thing in these two cases. Not that I appreciate it when other blacks use the word, but it is definitely not the same thing. Ask gays about in-group use of faggot or lesbians about dyke. If you had a name like that aimed at you consistantly you would understand how using between in group members is a way of working on that charge. But it is not the same as someone else using it.

So you are equating your not being allowed to use the word nigger with people being considered less human and not having the same rights in public transportation.

You have no experience. You are living in a world of ideas on this issue.

12. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Celts can and do. Scandanavians do. White subgroups get together around ethinicity all the time.

Nope. They are a group that has been treated as a separate group, giving them similar experiences. Here in the US they have a kind of group identity that would not make as much sense if they lived in Africa.

13. mike47 Banned Banned

In my community we have some black people and some of them are racist against anyone who is not black .

14. WillNever Valued Senior Member

The idea that white people can only use the word to talk down to blacks makes the automatic assumption that whites are superior to blacks. Is that the way black people see it..? Then they have even bigger problems than what words white people may or may not use. They have a much deeper inferiority complex and their behavior is only serving to continually reinforce that complex. Furthermore, when a black calls another black a "nigger," it is still an insulting and degrading label. So the only thing that you are telling me is that it is okay for blacks to degrade other blacks, but it's not okay for anyone else to degrade blacks. That's sheer hypocrisy.

If I meet someone who thinks of himself as a nigger, then who am I to tell him otherwise..? Fine, if that's the way you want it, then have it your way: you're a nigger, if that's what suits you. But if you hear me using the same label that you yourself are using on a constant and regular basis, then don't tell me that because of my race, I'm not allowed to employ the same language that YOU do. If you don't like hearing it, then DON'T SAY IT.

If blacks wish to rid themselves of that inferiorty complex, then they can start by declaring that NO ONE should be using the word "nigger" in a casual context. When I see them taking that stance, then I'll start worrying about which words I do or do not use. But in the meantime, I'm not going to care more about someone than they care about themselves... and telling me how I can speak, based upon my race, is still a downright racist attitude if there ever was one.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What exactly are you proud of that is exclusively "white"?

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Wow that's so insulting. Are you saying that european culture hasn't achieved anything and therefore white people have nothing to be proud of? If someone had said this to a person of colour you would have been upset right?

I can just see you saying to a black person 'what exactly are you proud of that is exclusively 'black'. Hmm.

17. WillNever Valued Senior Member

See what we mean about applying a double standard, Lucysnow?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well it is a double standard...in the U.S at least. Just because someone is proud of their culture doesn't mean that they are immediately negating anyone else's. I just find it completely condescending to infer that European culture hasn't done anything worthy of pride. Actually I'm offended.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The only demonstrations I have seen of "white pride" are usually accompanied by "fuck the nigger". I'm just wondering what exactly Mz wants to celebrate that he is being denied as a white person.

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

So should people associate 'black pride' with 'fuck the hunky'? You're simply mimicking those who associate islam with extremism. You're bias is showing again I think you should pull up your knickers.

21. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You know, Somehow literature and arts, don't really compare to celebrating Bastile day, with shoving a dynamite up a black slave's ass, and lighting it. That's what I think when I think European culture, Call me a pessimist, whatever, but it stuck with me since I read about the Race for Africa.

I guess there's a sort of vindication of survival. White culture, and by consequence have never been oppressed on the basis of race. It's either been nationality or religion. Non Whites, on the other hand, have been subjugated based on their race.

Also, what exactly is "White Culture" ?

Is it aptly described in New Zealand's Stereiogram's White Trash[?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are there black pride demonstrations where they say "fuck the honky?" The ones I have seen [mostly in black cultural organisations] mostly involve fried chicken or other associated stuff on campus and in local institutions during black history month.

I think demonstrations of white pride suffer from association. When your "pride" is irrevocably linked to men in hoods and burning crosses, not to mention piles of starved dead bodies near concentration camps, its a little hard to look at any mention of it without a sense of unease

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  23. WillNever Valued Senior Member

So having been subjugated on the basis of your race is the requirement for a politically correct celebration of racial pride..?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!