Black Americans should be pissed!

Discussion in 'History' started by thefountainhed, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Wait, so you're pissed because somebodies grandfather oppressed someone else grandfather? Talk about holding a grudge....

If you going to bitch and moan about how oppressed blacks are at least point to something in the current generation. There are tons of opprotunies out there for minorities. Poor and white... tough shit. Poor and black, here's a bunch of programs ONLY FOR YOU.

Most of the problems of today have to do with the pverty level. Who gives a fuck if you are black or not... if your parents happened to be poor you are at a disadvantage. THAT is the problem. Un fortunately people like you use being black as an excuse to complain.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. anotheressence Registered Senior Member

If you going to bitch and moan about how oppressed blacks are at least point to something in the current generation.

There have been many posts relating to recent times and poverty rates/unemployment/etc.

Poor and white... tough shit. Poor and black, here's a bunch of programs ONLY FOR YOU.

And that is perfectly justifiable due to the society (which is making these programs) being the CAUSE of most of the blacks being poor in the first place.
    If you're poor and white, you can't expect the government to make programs for you, because it wasn't the government who put you into that situation in the first place.

Most of the problems of today have to do with the pverty level. Who gives a fuck if you are black or not... if your parents happened to be poor you are at a disadvantage. THAT is the problem

And why do you think the parents are poor? Take a wild guess. The fact of the matter is that more black people are poor, and that mainly has to due with that, you know, slavery thing that happened and all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. doesn't your country have problems with all the Russian ethnics left over from the old Soviet days?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

yes, but they don't have any granted super rights.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

"[bein poor dont matter if your black or white]"
    T r U E!

it don't. but what the governing-body love to do. what keeps em in action is their strategy of DIVIDe & RULE. as long as poor balcks and whites is hating and fighting each other, whts it mean? it MEANs that the REAL deal aint being looked at. the very oppressive system we have to live under

9. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

heh
    round and round we go in circles
    hed, i admire your patience and fortitude

It's one of my slowest weekends in a while, so if responding to idiotic statements that dodge or ignore the argument will pass the time, then I will go along until the week begins, and then annoyed, I start insulting the minions for stupid statements.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  10. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I'm not a black american. And you are clearly not reading the fucking thread or are incapable of rationality.

Point to something in current generation? What the hell do you think poverty and education level amogst blacks reflect? Do you somehow think that profiling, etc are thing of the past?

Irrational, Irrational, Irrational! If blacks being 12 percent of the population reoresent half of the inmates in prison, and most are jailed for petty drug crimes their white counterpart get zero to no time for, then there is an issue. If blacks are 12 percent of the population and yet are dispropotionally represented amongst the poor, then there is a fucking problem.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

maybe they are just more lazy than the general white american, because they can get all these benefits which are higher than sallaries in some workplaces?
    (as that was the case with latvian embassy)

12. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Is that a solitary leaf blowing in the wind? Because wholly moronic statements shall be ignored.

13. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

It is moronic, but true for most african americans(not all of course). Many of them are single moms with a houseful of kids, trying to do it alone. That's how my aunt and her kids are getting by.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

maybe it is moronic, but it is also true that in many cases the benefits are larger than the sallaries and that because of that the blacks refuse to work as they don't see how it would benefit them.

just shows how screwed up your possitive discrimination system is

15. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

You have attempted to extrapolate one instance involving this african in latvia to a an argument of blacks americans! Do you not see how irrational your statement is?
    Also, if want of work results in a lower salary than idleness then why work? The minimum slaries should not be less than welfare checks. Besides, I ask for the prolongation of programs that can help alleviate their current state.

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I didn't say you were... and could care less.
    No. Profiling, etc ARE problems which are still around and are good reasons to support affirmative action. The fact that someone's parents are poor is a good reason for social programs. The fact that someone's parents are poor because their greta-great-great grandparents were slaves is besides the point. Except for the above mentioed profiling and general discrimination, they are at the same point as millions of non-black poor people. Being black is only a point insofar as CURRENT racism is concerned.
    Yes, it's called poverty.
    No. There was a problem with black people not being able to given jobs by whites. (There still is, but to a much more limited extent... which is the reason for affirmative action.)

The problem now is that they are 'stuck' in poverty because their parents were poor. The reason why is secondary.

17. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

And since no "idiot" is spewing such a message, then I suppose you must be an idiot incapable of comprehension.

Again, although laws are in place to help prevent discrimination, the problem is quite simply that certain blocks are already in place that makes it harder for the black person to succeed. A lot don't have access to the educational facilities their white counterparts do. The culture and environment a lot grow within do not promote what is needed to help them alleviate their problems.

So if CMT can air a type of music and BET can also air a different type of music, then what exactly is your opposition? Is it the name what bothers you?

My point is that this thread is about the african american experience

He sold BET to a white man. Thriller was simply too popular for them to ignore. And even then, they still did not play hip hop until demand essentially forced them. And that you seem to have no qualms about a policy that blocked artists from being aired simply because of their race is a bloody insane. BET started because there was virtually no black representation on the air.

Show one lie. Show one moronic statement. Until then, again, shut the fuck up.

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

If you had read my text then you would have gottent that I was speaking about a case at the Latvian embassy in Washington.
    Washington is in the USA! (I know that americans have problems with geography so you are excused)

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

hed,

You seem to miss the point. Blacks, as a group, do not deserve special treatment just because they are black. They are put a certain place in life at birth. For a large percentage of blacks this place is poverty. Yet blacks are not the only people with this problem. It matters not WHY they were born into poverty... just that they are.

20. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I agree that a lot of the problem is socioeconomic, but it is thus pecisely because of past history and its continuing effects. Sure there are poor people who suffer the same problems, but the fact remains that blacks remains for the large part, disproportionally poor. Steps therefore must be taken to solve this problem, else they will continue to remain disprotionally poor. One must also look at the problem of education....

Well my mistake, I thought you said this was in Latvia. I did not know you were in washington. Perhaps you are using a tale someone else told you? Either way, you cannot extrapolate one unto the whole.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Yes, the previous ambassador told me.
    that one is a part of the whole which is the system that is at work
    come to think of it, they are better off with their benefits than many of our lower level embassy workers.
    bastards

22. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

No, it is called generalization when you take one incident and attempt to suggest it being representative of the whole.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

but you can't deny the fact that the benefits they are getting are higher than the sallaries at some work places, because that's a fact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.