Black Americans should be pissed!

Discussion in 'History' started by thefountainhed, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I thought that all the good american stuff is made in China anyways

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Aye, as is most other stuff. But the guys in China still need to be paid, you only have to throw a slave some scraps of food now and then. Hence it could be cheaper.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well, not really. A slave has to be guarded, forced to work, the quality would be worse.. etc

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

why are some posters here saying what they say about important issues. like the one who says they dont give a fuck what hppens to 'em' ie, 'Blacks'...etc

emmm, 'blacks' aren't 'blacks' they are humans....as 'whites' are humans, as 'red skins' are humans.

are you really racist? or are you beling clever. or are you showing your age? do you still live with mammy and daddy? not that thers anything wrong with that, but you seem so immature to just slag people off like this. cant you be serious about shit. have you any idea what it might be LIKe for people who get fucked with by a fascist society. have you? let me know

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have a good idea, but since that isn't an issue for me it is not of my concern whether there are millions dying in africa or people being discriminated in america or not.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

If I was an American, I would say that my opinion might be racist and would be discriminating. But since I live some thousand miles away from America, I do not give a fuck, and I surely won´t travel over the ocean into a country I generally regard as insane just to demonstrate alongside some african americans who are fed up with the way things are while a big part of their brothers and sisters sit on their asses biding their time. There are enough problems at hand just outside my door, and those problems mostly come in form of neo nazis, russian, turksih and polish gangs that sometimes wage war around here. And I really don´t have a problem stomping rassist idiots who think that it is allright to beat up people that do not behave according to their views.

So I think that the Americans should look after themself.

10. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

thefountainhed:There are no historical accounts of jewish slavery as indicated by the bible.

Yes, the bible does indicate jewish slavery. And if the ancient egyptians chisled historical events in heiroglyphic on their temple walls, then they also mention jewish slavery.
    Also, you don't even know me, what gives you the right or nerve to say I'm as cute and brainy as a maggot? I don't even know you but from reading the little you have posted, I already have a name picked out for you.

11. milkweed Valued Senior Member

Lets not... Lets deal with now.
    Poverty rates show the % of African American in poverty has fallen at a faster rate than any other race/ethinic group. Notice how white american poverty levels have remain pretty steady.

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/povrace.html

Probably the most significant factor in any disparity by race:

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/poveduc.html
    and this:
    http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/hhrace.html
    Minorities in government statistics: http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/polrace.html

You can make up any image of God you want to. And I can chose to follow that image or reject it. Such is the opportunity of freedom of religion.

I think that the biggest complaint with affirmative action is that the playing field has been leveled and its time to dump these advantages to some people based on race. Why should these programs be continued in this day?

First off, what does people leaving the cities and taking their business with them have to do with affirmative action? Where did these businesses go? They went off shore didnt they? How does that tie in to Black America? It seems to be about "cheap labor, cheap taxes, and no regulation". Secondly, what is irrational about finding affirmative action to be unfair?

The whole of your post seems to be... Its whiteys fault.... I dont buy into that victim mentality, especially with all the opportunities that are tossed aside. What do you plan to do? How about this: Get yourself involved with the Black American youth and offer them an example of success rather than clinging to past injustices. Open a business and hire some Black Americans. Then come back and let us hear some success stories rather than victim mentality rants.

Index of Maryland doc http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/list.html

another interesting site of statistics:
    Index of TRENDS IN THE WELL-BEING OFAMERICA'S CHILDREN & YOUTH, 1997 Edition
    http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/97trends/intro-web.htm

12. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

what a stupid post....all u black people shut up, u've got just as many rights as anybody else, stop complaining about how u were oppressed in the past....every ethinic group in the history of the world has been oppressed for one reason or another, so just shut the hell up

and for all u blacks that dont think u have the same rights as others... at my college, there is a black engineers club...can i join it? of course not cuz im white...what do u think would happen if i tried to start a club for just white people....jeez i dont even want to know...

13. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

and affirmative action? what the hell is that all about?

i go into a job, with better qualifications than some black guy that comes in for the same job...but he gets the job becuase the employer does not have enough black people working for him....is that right? how can that possibly be considered moving forward in the fight against racism? it is just the opposite

14. Hardstuff Registered Member

Their past is very unfortunate, and when I read books about it, watch films about it etc... It pisses me off. Although their past was unfortunate, it would be best if they weren't pissed. Seriously, where would society be?. The African Americans would hold a grudge and not exactly trust any white Americans...

What if the Irish, still held that grudge against the English?. Or the French and the Germans?, or the world and the Germans?.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

yes, I heard the same from a friend who works in the latvian embassy in washington.
    they wanted to hire a secretary (most of the embassy workers are second or first generation latvian imigrants), but they couldn't do it and were ordered to hire an african woman who had just come out of a jail, was on the narcotic addicts list and knew nothing of latvia or our culture. it turned well in the end because she refused to take the job, because the sallary was smaller than the unemployment benefits she got from the state.
    if I were an employer I'd be pissed off about this
    it's good that there are no such foolesness over here

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have all the rights to hold grudge towards germans and swedish (600 years of occupation), or towards the russians for the repressions they did for 50 years (many from my family were sent to far north, deprived of their property and land) and that is a lot worse than some slavery god knows how many years ago.
    But past is past. Learn from it, but not live it every day. It's stupid.
    Of course africans love that, because that gives them "rights" in the USA to discriminate other races.
    If they will ever try to do that over here.. they shall have a taste of the Middle Ages European attitude again.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  17. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

"Whom am I insulting," you meant.

"Hindrances," you meant.

18. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

do we really need the corrections, i think we get the point rappacini

and please refrain if u feel the need to correct this post. no one really cares.

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  20. Aborted_Fetus Bored Registered Senior Member

hey, im not the one nitpicking others' grammar

21. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

I'm not addressing you, specifically. I correct grammar out of habit, anyways; it's not really "nitpicking," seeing as it takes less brain power than staring at my feet.

Does it look as though this topic is meaningful or debatable?
    This thread is a transparent, half-assed sublimation of the Hed's sexual frustration.

I don't even know why I'm participating in it to this extent. I must be more restless than I thought.

I better depart from this intellectual flatland before I start sharing my own, ill-conceived, very personal grudges against society and angrily shaking my fist at "the man"... or something else really gay.

22. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

LOL!! A warm welcome back to Redoubtable, one of my favourite bitches.

23. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

What that simply means is that blacks are catching up and have a lot of catching up to do, and therefore the justification of programs such as affirmative action.

Your data shows a 40% difference between Black single family homes and White single family homes. How is this then of any relevance.

You miss my point and ignored the other. The point is that these images are of course reflective of social programming. A lot of blacks suffer a slavish mentality that is damning. It is this very reason why role models are needed. Women also used to suffer a lack of social models needed to build up said "free" images. Do not oversimply for the sake of your doctrine.

Every single statistic you showed clearly demonstrates a significant difference by race and yet you make them!
    From your source:

Unemployment by race:
    http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/unemrace.html

Poverty by ethnicity:
    http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/unemrace.html

Family income by race!!
    http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/vanneman/socy441/trends/raceinc.html

Are you insane? These said business went to the suburbs. Are you so ignorant as to be unaware that most cities in America used to be predominantly white? Or that most revenue streams in city governments come from taxed businesses? The "white flight" of the cities is a fact.

I have asserted that the mind set of the African American culture is also to blame. I do not however like this growing trend of people ignoring the past or its effects in their presently dismal state. I do not think it fair, this movement to eliminate the programs that help better this subgroup of American, when it is clear that the work is not even close to completion.

I'm involved in many community activities and programs that attempt to better the Black youth.

One day I shall hopefully hire a bunch of them for my business. To suggest however that as this is not currently being done by I, there shouldn't be any ranting or opinions as to the matter is nonsensical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.