Bird in flight proof of telepathic communication?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Quantum Quack, May 25, 2007.

1. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

I heard that not all birds can fly. Does this mean that some birds do not have the interesting capibility for telepathic communication? Thank you for your replies.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No bird as far as is known has the capability of telepathic communication.
    Most use mobile phones though. Why do you think they got smaller in size?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

I'm not sure that this is true. Haven't birds been this size always? I do see less sparrows then when I was young but they are pretty much the same size.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

The PHONES are smaller...
    When "mobile phones" first came out they were the size of bricks, and birds didn't buy them.
    But now they're slim and light, making them easily portable for most species.
    (Field mice have to wait a bit longer).

8. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

Is this like one of those culture things in animals. Remember when the little singing birds discovered they could open the cap of milk bottles the milk man left at the door and suddenly this habit started spreading around and other little songbirds started mimicking them.

very unhygienic though. We shouldn't really encourage this behaviour. And I think this was in England. I saw it on TV.

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yup. Tits: I don't know whether it was Blue or Great Tits (or some other sort). But milk bottles rarely come with foil tops now anyway.

10. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

I didn't want to say that word because I didn't want to be offensive.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It's the correct word.
    And you'' learn what constitutes "offensive" on SciForums... it's all in the context.

12. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I like great tits best. It's OK ersatz this is one of those cases where you can say a naughty word and hide behind science.
    GREAT TITS!!

13. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

I see. So it would be correct to use the word bluefooted booby when talking about the seabirds, but you cannot say b**b when discussing the female form? This should be easy to remember.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  14. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Jesus NO you have to use the correct word, no variation. You can say Booby as in blue footed booby but not b**b

15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You can if it's in context.
    PS how do you say b**B? I can't pronounce "*".
    Maybe Victor Borge could.

16. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

Thank you. I will edit my post accordingly.

17. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Is there a foundation or charoty we can contribute to that is dedicated to developing mobile phones for field mice? I have been worrying about this issue ever since it was raised a few posts ago.

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

Heya QQ.

I invite everyone here to come to the thread "Define Telepathy" in the psuedo'whatever' forum...... I am sure that we could discuss the issue of telepathy in a much better forum. There will be i am sure copying posts from other threads, both also in the psuedowhatever forum!

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

did you know that people threw a tantrum about this lol, some guy used the term cock to describe the male bird and also tit wich is the real name of the bird, and he got edited and censored because of it,

people were offended on a birdwatching forum or some other type of nature reserve official forum, it made the newspapers thats where i read the article.

how stupid are people getting these days, anything is offensive. soon people with big tits are going to have them reduced because they offend people with small tits. (im not talking about the bird now)

also did you know that we pay tax to fund the NHS on giving breast implants to women? and also pay for penis enlargement for men with complexes about their penis size?

im outraged about that, we also will start paying for drug addicts to use drugs soon,

peace.

20. ersatzscamp Banned Banned

Not to offend anyone, but do we not do that already? Sleeping pills and other addictive drugs are prescribed and used excessively beyond use.

The great entertainer and in my eyes humanitarian Robby Williams recently admitted to have gotten addicted to these inoffensive looking pills. I know that some people may be offended when I call Robby Williams a humanitarian but he brought so many people together with his DVDs and concerts.

21. on Birds in flight

I think that there are two significant comparatives one that has been sited here, the central nerve in fish, the other the tiny sensors in feathers, that account for the potential for " biological radio". Any movement in a fluid environment ( regardless of its density) whether that be air or water can be "read" "sensed" or "felt" by these sensitive biological systems. I too know of the weird phenomenon and its previous attempts to explain it. But I think if you look at it on micro-sensing scale you will find great similarities that can explain the collective movement sensed by both fish and fowl. The idea of an " energy" field is a bit un- empirical but maybe a gut sense response to what is observed. With closer inspection, I think you will see that the fine hairs on the feathers are extremely senstive to pressure changes. The same will be true of the central nerve of the fish. Those changes in pressure will ultimately provide an shared response that will take into account the neighbor's position and the flocking instinct will take over from there. I have to say that as collective movement, is totally captivating and beautiful, like a tightly choreographed dance. To address the "energy field" subdiscussion, there is something to an innate sense of awareness of kinospheric ( that space around the body) space. When you close your eyes and someone moves their hand or their face ( holding their breath) closer to you, you can sense it. In that case it is the subtle change of heat, but an acute sensation of your kinospheric space being encroached upon. This response is established by behavioural patterning from possibly the womb and then through the immediate closeness of nursing and as a sense memory is perserved in the hypothalmus as a defense mechanism.
    Of course the big question is how do you recreate this? GRow Wings?

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Humanitarian? So he did it all out of the goodness of his heart and not for the money and fame?
    I'm impressed.

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Thank you jongoldman for bringing some science to the discussion. I fear, though, that your reasoned explanation for bird (and fish) behaviour will fall on the very deaf ears of denis et al.