Bill Gates to invest billions in clean energy

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Plazma Inferno!, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Bill Gates will announce the creation of a multibillion-dollar clean energy fund on Monday at the opening of a Paris summit meeting intended to forge a global effort to cut planet-warming emissions, according to people with knowledge of the plans. The fund, which one of the people described as the largest such effort in history, is meant to pay for research and development of new clean-energy technologies.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/28/u...ate-billion-dollar-fund-for-clean-energy.html

It's really good to see that someone with a load of money cares about environment.

Edont Knoff likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

Environment care, yes, important. But many of the alternative energy sources like sunlight, wind, water movement/gravity based ones are also sustainable, meaning they do not depend on finite resources liek coal, gas or oil (even that some of those might last quite a while).

For the future of humanity I think this is a very welcome side effect that we free these resources for other uses but energy production.

And yes, very good to see that people who have earned a lot of money with not-always-very-nice business pratices give back some of the money to help the world become a better world. I highly appreciate the efforts of Mr. Gates, even that I was very critical to his ways to run his business in the past.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.