big bang "pillars" of proof

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by EmptyForceOfChi, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

Oh dear. You seem to not understand the difference between 'space' and a 'void'. Space is a medium where energy and matter can exist, and has measurable parameters, such as permeability and permittivity. A void however, is beyond the scope of physics, and we cannot measure it, because we have no idea about it's dimensions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pinkiss Registered Senior Member

The biggest question which we wont be able to answer ever is how the universe started and why.Because as we know nothing comes from nowhere even if there are multiple universes or dimensions something had to happen.
    Any ideas who placed a first dot in space

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Never say never. We don't know that nothing comes from nowhere.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

a singularity is nothing, but Dicktionaries like wikipedia say it's sumthing because they don't understand what a singularity is.

well, it's pretty hard cuz there's no difference.

space has no dimensions, only things can have dimensions and space is a no-thing.

and because scientists say that 99.?% of matter is space, nothing can be matter and everything must be space.

i answered it long ago. just imagine nothing and you realize that it can't be imagined so you have to imagine everything, a universe.

it's the opposite: EVERYTHING comes from nothing because 0/∞=1 (and that is 1 because 1/∞=0)

1=0. it can't be anything else.

8. Singularity Banned Banned

Sorry Yorda, there is a slight problem in that statement.

ie. If space had no dimensions then there would have been no fixed distances.

9. Yorda Registered Senior Member

space has no dimensions in a dream but there still appears to be "fixed distances".

dimensions and space/distance are just thoughts, like time.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Then how can space have measurable properties? Explain this away;

11. Yorda Registered Senior Member

what's there to explain away? it's just a bunch of greek letters and numbers?

12. Singularity Banned Banned

Think this , if theres nothing between to objects then there should be no distance between them. But there can be distance and it can be kept fixed.

Void = Nothing

but is Nothing = Distance ?

I mean there is space between two object so there is something that maintains the distance and that is space.

So Space = Something

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Holy shit. This is incredible.

Crackpot += 1.

14. Yorda Registered Senior Member

there just appears to be distance. just like there appears to be distance/separation between things in a dream although there is only thoughts, awareness, nothing...

space maintains space?

something can't be anything but nothing because 'something' means that we don't know what it is, and the only thing we can know is nothing because everything is something/unknown.

the first equation explains why/how the universe comes from nothing, zero. the other equation explains that the infinite universe (1/something) is actually just a big nothing (until it hallucinates the everything it wants to be).

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

it is illogical to believe it as total fact so that you rule out other ideas, it is not illogical to believe it might be true but still be open to other theory,

there is as i see it a flaw with this wich you stated "Nor does it deal with anything that occurred prior to about 10^-43 seconds after the universe's beginning" because you state that the universe had a beginning wich you have no proof for. so i am not actualy wrong on that one.

the big bang theory does defy physics until physics alters slightly to allign with the theory. we could call this evolution of a theory, we could also call it changing current physics to meet with the theory.

"And if God created the universe, what then? Is that hypothesis flawed, too?"
    i am not saying yes or no to this, i dont know what created the universe.

i was not aware that potential energy is different within general relativity than in newtonian gravitation.

yes the theoretical problem is solved with theoretical dark energy, wich happens to be proven by watching gravitational pull in space, thats convenient to the theory i must say, just like black holes are proven i guess..

i am reading proposed solutions to many of the problems yes,

and as far as i was aware the clumping is explained in theory wich is also far from proven scientific fact am i correct?

yes the author seems to be mistaken alot,

partical physics? i might be wrong here because i do not read up on things before i reply, but isnt that the new theory and lab testings where positives create negatives in exacts? space and distance are not relevant are they to this? i believe someone started a thread along the lines of particle consciousness?

yes he seems like a creationist, and he does say things that i do not condone, especialy involving evolution of man, i cringe when i read that but nevermind, i do still think he holds some good points,

i do not know what theory the author likes better and think works better, i obviously cant answer that for him, but i personaly am reading up on many multiverse and string theory, also many others wich i think hold as much ground as the big bang and single 'uni'verse theory.

i did not say that ruling out the big bang theory rules in god, i am saying that the big bang theory might not be true, i just dont see sense in saying "yes i believe this 100%" the truth is i dont know, i value lots of theorys, many different ideas catch my attention and time, i just cant bring myself to sticking to a single idea as solid proof,

the bible is a book and has no place in my thread, take that to the religion or philosophy forum.

i am familiar with the big bang theory, but it is flawed as i stated before. "10^-43 seconds after the universe's beginning" that is stating that the universe did start at a point, and that is not proven yet,

peace.

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

No, the first equation explains why you shouldn't be allowed to breed.

17. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

It's obvious that you can't understand why I think you're an idiot.

The first equation says that
    \(\frac{0}{\infty} = 1\)

Let's just check the consistency there. Add 1 to both sides:

\(\frac{0}{\infty} + \frac{0}{\infty} = 1 + 1\)

Thus

\(\frac{0}{\infty} = 2\).

You are an idiot. QED.

Note: You may be upset about using infinity as a common denominator. So then just say

\( \lim_{a \rightarrow \infty} \frac{0}{a} = 1\)

Then multiply both sides by two:

\( 2 \times \lim_{a \rightarrow \infty} \frac{0}{a} = \lim_{a \rightarrow \infty} \frac{2 \times 0}{a} = \lim_{a \rightarrow \infty} \frac{0}{a} = 2\),

justifying the asertion that you are a dumbass.

18. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

The last line above doesn't hold, of course, if you don't accept that 2x0 = 0. Are you disputing that?

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Chi, somehow I doubt your prowess in Physics when you struggle to spell simple words.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

If you don't understand it, I understand why you make such erroneous posts as you have.

Start with a Physics 101 book, and work up. Get back to me in say, three years and see if you grasp the implications of the formula. If you don't, just shut up and read some more until you do.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so what your saying is, i cannot question the theory. because i have not earned the right to contest with it yet?

i am going over the scientific theory of the big bang right now, and will continue to do so, i am learning about cosmic inflation, the horizon problem, the oldness problem, magnetic monopoles and the penrose hawkings singularity theorems at the moment,

like i always stated though the big bang theory might be correct, but it also might be wrong, all i can do is more research and try to understand as much as i can, every debate i have here helps me learn more and motivates me to learn different things.

peace.

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

What's the problem with this? I don't speak Chinese. But I also don't go to my Chinese colleagues and correct their pronunciation.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

was that a metaphore/comparison for saying your a native and i am a refugee telling you how to run your country?

i didnt say there was a problem i obviously have alot to learn and i will learn.

peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.