Biden v. Palin: St. Louis Ribbing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Oct 2, 2008.

?

So who won? (Wait 'til [i]after[/i] the debate to vote, please.)

Poll closed Nov 2, 2008.
  1. Biden

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Palin

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Neither

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Other (?!)

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Three votes so far.
    How can you have seen the debate already

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A St. Louis Ribbing? Is that anything like a Cleveland Steamer?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

thats disgusting spider.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Seems to me that anyone who votes on who won the debate before the debate even occured doesn't deserve to have their vote counted since their vote reflects nothing but their own bias.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

now come on with the expectations of Palin being so low how could she lose. It is next to impossible for her not to meet expectations.

9. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I'd reset it and make it public.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, name and shame the idiots.
    Let's know who they are.
    (I'm glad I didn't vote now)

11. Bells Staff Member

Indeed!

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Pre-event chatter

Nay.

It's just a play on words. You eat pork?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Palin, the other white meat!

14. superstring01 Moderator

I thought it was more like a Pasadena Mudslide.

Indeed.

~String

15. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Note: Votes Reset.

Warning: If you vote before the debate, your votes will be deleted and you will not be able to vote again.

16. superstring01 Moderator

The clock chimes 9:00pm. Let the games begin.

~String

17. superstring01 Moderator

Before I render my verdict, I want to say a few things.

Sarah Palin:
    • I was actually impressed with her smoothness. She did well, and "well" is light years ahead of where I expected. I was totally expecting her to fumble through the debate. I'm actually stunned at her grasp of some areas of politics that I expected to elude her totally.
    • I was annoyed that she dodged questions on the economy. Most Americans, sadly, would not catch these dodges.
    • I can't agree with a number of things she said, but I just like her. She's fracking cuddly.
    Joe Biden:
    • He was smooth and polished.
    • You have to agree, the guy actually has charisma. He spoke with genuine emotion and well very controlled.
    • His knowledge was -- and is -- unparalleled. He was fluid on all topics and that did him well.

My public verdict: Mixed.

In the Obama/McCain debate I voted Obama because he was the underdog in the debate. Just standing toe-to-toe with McCain, he wins.

Sarah Palin, by standing toe to toe with Biden, she "wins."

My personal vote (on the poll): Biden.

The reason is that I wanted substance, and he delivered. I was impressed.

~String

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I did not watch the debate but since Biden's head did not explode, I'll assume Palin managed to out do the lowered expectations for her, thus win: Palin.

19. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Palin did pretty good, although I wish they would stop using the term "maverick" so much, it's getting kinda old. For some reason
    she comes off a more trustworthy than Biden.

Biden had a lot of charisma. His tactic of going after McCain on some issues was effective on throwing off Palin once or twice, but how can she know everything McCain's done the last 20+ years ?

20. Bells Staff Member

Ermm maybe because she is his running mate for the highest seat in the country.

Having watched it. I think Biden did better. Especially on matters of foreign diplomacy, where Palin said it would be dangerous to sit down with the leaders of Iran, for example.. referring to it as poor judgment..

I think it's clear to say that he won that point easily.

I also think he won the point about what the exact role of a VP is and should be.

Was an interesting debate though. Both were polished, but he more so. I guess that would be explained by his experience and her lack of it in that regard.

As for her constant use of the term "maverick". It got old really fast. Especially when one is reminded of the fact that McCain did vote with Bush on so many occasions.

I'm guessing she's hoping the country will forget that she appointed her close friends from school into major positions in Alaska, be it when she was appointed Mayor and Governor.

She tried to press the "I'm a hockey mum" thing too much. It came off as insincere and fake and it, like the "maverick" line, got old really fast.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I wasn't able to get drunk enough to watch it.

22. superstring01 Moderator

You would have, no doubt, been happy with Biden. Honestly, I think he'd have been a better candidate for president than Obama.

~String

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

So far from what I have read, it seems Palin is playing the MILF card. Honestly, her diatribe fluff. I mean: Well, our founding fathers were very wise there in allowing through the Constitution much flexibility there in the office of the vice president. And we will do what is best for the American people in tapping into that position and ushering in an agenda that is supportive and cooperative with the president's agenda in that position. Yeah, so I do agree with him that we have a lot of flexibility in there, and we'll do what we have to do to administer very appropriately the plans that are needed for... bla bla bla bla ....