Bias against Female Scientists???

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Jul 14, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you sure?

http://www.atimes.com/se-asia/BE02Ae02.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Women also have smaller brains than men, on average.

At the bell, come out fighting. I want a good clean fight, no hitting below the belt...

*DING!*

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Women should stop having babies

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They don't need as much because they use both sides.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ouch. That really hurt. Zzzzingggg!

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Of course, it's the density and number of interconnections that counts. So when I say "sam, you are really dense" take it as a compliment.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So your solution to gender inequality is the extinction of the human race? Lady, you're being hysterical. I would've thought that making men the primary carers would be a more reasonable solution. Although I have to admit that how you address the inequality, other than waiting for the slow dawning of enlightenment that education brings, is as much a mystery to me as it clearly is to you.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Since I have advanced lateral thinking skills and know your language abilities are under-developed, thanks, I will.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Men have no sense of humor; it will take only 5 years of ALL women not having any babies to bring the whole world around

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Seriously speaking, there are several issues that can be addressed

Primary among them is of course, education.

I think men should also get paternity leave and take part in the childcare, this will have the effect of cutting down discrimination against hiring women due to pregnancy. Mostly women should recognise their legal rights and discrimination in pay for equal qualifications and or experience should be illegal.

Is that better?

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yes. This is exactly what should be done. The, after most of the men have committed suicide, you femminazi, closet lesbians can get on with running the world and reproducing by cloning. All very natural and quite in touch with our innate natures, don't you think?

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

OK, good luck with persuading all the world's teenage girls to stop getting pregnant. I know you're enjoying this bitchfest but, apart from letting off steam, what can be done about it? I mean, seriously. Have you considered following Laurence Summers example and having a sex change? You'd look good in a hardhat, laying bricks with your bum hanging out of your pants.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I have no desire to be equal to men. I'm already better than them.

BTW, your language slip is showing. Lawrence Summers was not the one who had the sex change.

I notice the men are ganging up together.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course! if we want equality, we MUST be lesbians!

Unlike the "little woman" who knows her place?

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Bullshit, if you don't mind my saying so.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

" you femminazi, closet lesbians"

so what does this imply?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No. But men must get paternity leave and share equally in the child care? That's just brilliant. You clearly have very undeveloped ideas of basic human nature. Do you really think you can legislate this problem of male/female dominance and bias away?

You need to come up with some better ideas that take into account the realities of human nature and work with them instead of against them. Men fully admit their basic natures. Why don't women? If you really want to be like us, start by admitting your true natures, that you are fundamentally nurturing caregivers. The gatherer half of the hunter/gatherer pair. The caretaker of the homestead while the men are getting the food and hides. The mothers. In a humans basic state, can an infant survive without a mother? Shall we breast feed the baby while you go out and hunt?

Your agenda is an artifact of technology and greed. You have the technology to store your milk, and the desire for more shoes. It's fucking unnatural.

Having said that, if you want what you say you want - equality in all things, then do what men do. Fight for it. Be agressive. Be domineering. Backstab your coworkers for advancement (don't tell me scientists and university professionals don't). Don't have children. Or if you do, make sure you can afford a nanny or marry an effeminate male.

See how society develops with a bunch of pussy-whipped men at home and males and females with no discerning characteristics other than the color of gender-neutral business suit they all wear. Fuck that. I'll turn christian first and use bible verse to keep my woman in line.

Bah.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

It implies... See post above ^^^^^^^^^^^^

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats wrong with men taking paternity leave?
    Do you think men are unable to take care of children?

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/nursingfather.html

Damn Supe ! You ARE stressed