Bhagawad Git and Morals: for the ones suffering

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Dove, Jan 1, 2006.

1. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Dove,
    Gita says 'Do your Duty, regardless of Results'.
    Applied to your situation, would it be possible to continue with your work undeterred by what your colleagues do? I think one's worth will become evident to all over time. Holding on to delivering the best at work without expecting immediate results might help.

Don't quit. Be a "sthitha pragnya"- a water drop on lotus leaf. Let people around you give up instead. Improve your capabilities at work and prove your worth. Do not keep complaining to colleagues or boss- ignore hindrances. All of us face certain level of disagreements at work- take them in your stride, and see if you can smile and help your colleagues yet- until they are ashamed to harass you. Even if they hide information, you share and prove bigger. Respect will come.
    Also is there something that you can do to yourself to make yourself more agreeable? Even if the discrimination is based on race or creed?

Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Dove,

Then you are viewing happiness as something depending on external factors. Something which is essentially beyond your control.

If you let your happiness depend on external factors, then you are patently setting yourself up for disappointment. If you let your happiness depend on external factors, then you are at the mercy of whatever comes your way -- be it bullies, rabid dogs, or tsunamis.

Do you really want to continue your life that way?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Here's some reading you might find useful.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dove Registered Senior Member

Water and all the other nice people, if someone could explain to me straight what was happening in Bhagawada Gita.......what was happening in Mahabarata, or Ramayana......weren't the God avenging? Please answer my question directly since you have read these books.

8. Dove Registered Senior Member

I am tired of being a sitting duck....i hav ehad ENOUGH!!!

I WILL TAKE CHARGE OF MY LIFE!

I WILL DO WHATVER IT TAKES TO PROTECT ,MYSELF!!!

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

I am sure God will allow for self defense?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

AMEN brother!

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Good for you, Dove. But just remember, there are laws against some things that you might want to do ...so a little careful consideration is in order PRIOR to your actions. You wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life in prison ....where bullying is a, if not THE, way of life.

Baron Max

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Who is the God that you believe in?

12. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i think it is good that Dove thinks for himself about God. he will establish his own relationship in this way. many pious idiots do not credit god with the compassion to forgive.

maybe your question was leading elsewhere though. my tuppence is all i offer.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Does that question mean anything?

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I'm asking because Dove mentioned some religious scripture and seems to treat them as authoritative, but also said she is neither Hindu nor Christian.
    I don't know what her understanding of God is, but it seems that she thinks God should be on her side, no matter what she does -- even though some of the things she is suggesting (like revenging herself and deliberately hurting others) are not what God would condone, according to those scriptures (as far as I know them). So I'm wondering who the God is that she believes in.

15. Dove Registered Senior Member

I believe in a God who is rational, understanding, reasonable and Forgiving.

16. Anomalous Banned Banned

U r coward Dove and U need what U r going through to understand how to fight injustice, U think the solutions I gave U r just imaginations, 5 years down line U will think th same way, till then suffer. After that U will be strong.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

No, U r dictating GOD to b what U want it 2 b. Try 2 understand GOD by trying to understand what U r here for.

18. water the sea Registered Senior Member

But who is that God? Which religion speaks of that God?

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

What ?

U just showed your true colors, Dove must be scared to U by now. Hey, r u bulling her ?

Hey Dove, U every time U read Bhagvata Gita, U forget that it was written inthe past by great men like me,

When U are at war dont think about who your enemy is, just do it.
    - Kristhna 2.0

20. genep Guest

Only one simple word: SURRENDER. This one simple single word will make you far more free, content and complete than Krishna, Buddha and Jesus could have imagined.

The only message the Gita gives us is the message that all its experts cannot seem to fathom: THERE IS NO DOER. Thus there is no choice. And thus Krishna tells Arjuna: you have no choice but to fight. When Arjuna surrendered to this "no choice but to fight" he was not only free but he was Krishna himself. The exact same message of the movie called "Fight Club."

And so there is no choice to surrender to this no-doer illusion we call life, but if you do somehow surrender then you will Realize that not only are you Krishna himself but also everything else in the universe.

21. Dove Registered Senior Member

Water, I dont wnat to give a 'name' to the God, be it Christian, Hindi, Islamic or Jewish..... I just believe God will have all the qualities mentioned above. But why are you aking me to give you the name of a specific God.....how does it matter?. The reason why I brought up the Bible or Gita was, because, Gita/Bible/Koran etc are the only written records we have of the fact that God exists.

22. Dove Registered Senior Member

Anomolus,

Why are you calling me a coward? What did I do? On the contrary please read above, I wrote that I am tired of being a sitting duck and will take charge of my life.

Dove

23. Dove Registered Senior Member

Genep,

Thanks for your response. I just wish I could SURRENDER. I really wish I could....its easier said than done though....