Beyond My Existence

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Tyler, Sep 8, 2002.

1. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

It seems we are basing existance on the ability to question our existance... A person in a coma can not ask if he exists... Do you stop existing when you go to sleep? Are we all going to cease existing as soon as you die? Existance is something completely different than perception, no?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hulac Registered Member

If we exist, and if the people around us are thinking the same thing as we are, then they must exist to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. moonman Registered Senior Member

Why does existence puzzel us so? Yes, you can't deny that you exist, but what lies beyond your own existence? A world that is made real by your senses? Or perhaps a semi-theoretical world made real by your sense and your knowledge that things that you can't perceive exist, and are the reasons behind certain events that you may perceive?
    So does something exist to you if you are not told that it exists? No!
    Could absolute truth be right there underneath your nose, but because you cannot comprehend it and are not told what it is, you unconciously deny it as a part of what you are percieving.
    Most likely it is impossible to expalin what absolute truth is to a human, we are still too primitive

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't think it is possible to deny that an absolute and objective truth exists, even if you exist alone in the universe so does absolute truth, in a sense YOU then are the absolute truth and the universe.
    And theoreticaly if you believe this with unwavering faith you then controll all the aspects of your own existence, believing that everything happening to you is a result, as opposed to a cause, of your conciousness.

Hmm, I hope that makes atleast some sense. (Thats another question why does something have to make sense to be real??)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.