Best Video Game Ever?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Jeremirroer, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

I'm suprised as well, given that I did mention it. Anyway, other great games - Apeiron, Swoop, and especially Escape Velocity - all by Ambrosia Software. Alas, the first two are Mac only, but I continue to hope...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Starcraft (with the Broodwar expansion) was a brillian brilliant game that I would still play if I hadn't updated to OS X.

SimCity 2000... I was entralled with that game. I haven't played any of its sequels yet, though. I'd like to get simcity 4 when the price drops.

Final Fantasy VII. I must have put over 200 hours into that game. Played through it twice and a half, making sure to exploit every little secret. It was my first RPG experience, though.

Metal Gear Solid was like playing through a movie. Too bad it was so short. Stealth camo + C4 has got to be one of the better video game experiences of the 90's.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

I really don't enjoy "best _____ ever" topics, mostly because it is all opinion (nice to see it hasn't been driven to mindless arguing though).

My favorite game ever was and still is Ocarina of Time. I would say it could never be beat, but what if it was completely remade to the exact specifications (graphics, gameplay, controller, etc.), but a really fun minigame was thrown in. Technically it would be better, as everything in it is the same except that one thing, which is an improvement. Then, that would be my favorite game of all time.

I guess I get hung up on technicalities, but I can't get enough of OoT (well, I can, but I can always come back to it).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

I agree starcraft is one amazing game. Halo 2 is probally the most amazing console game out there. The online play is purely addicting. But my favorite oldie has to be super mario brothers 3 ill never stop loving that game. Zelda a link to the past for GB is another great game. Those are probally my favorites.

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

"Starcraft (with the Broodwar expansion) was a brillian brilliant game"
    I felt that the broodwar expansion made it even more lopsided away from the terren, they didn’t really get anything spectacular whereas the protos got dark arcons(awesome) and the zerg got lurkers and stronger Ultalusks. the only thing that helped the terren was the medic, but they don’t help once you get advanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.