best romantic films

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Gustav, Oct 28, 2007.

1. toolzombie Registered Member

It's about two people who love each other very much, and are able to be together and accept each other no matter how crazy (and perhaps brutal) the other is. It's one of those movies where the bad guys are also the good guys and they get away and the viewer is left to hope that they live happily ever after. That's the love I want. Also, the NIN song in the movie isn't "Something I Can Never Have" it's "Burn."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

bambi meets godzilla

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The French Lieutenant's Woman

The French Lieutenant's Woman is a 1981 film directed by Karel Reisz and adapted by playwright Harold Pinter. It is based on the novel of the same title by John Fowles. The music score is by Carl Davis and the cinematography by Freddie Francis.

The film stars Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons with Hilton McRae, Jean Faulds, Peter Vaughan, Colin Jeavons, Liz Smith, Patience Collier, Richard Griffiths, David Warner, Alun Armstrong, Penelope Wilton and Leo McKern.

The plot concerns the love affair between a Victorian gentleman and a woman who has been jilted by a French officer, scandalizing the "polite society" of Lyme Regis.

Instead of trying to create a literal translation of the novel's alternate endings, Pinter's screenplay adopted a more cinematic approach by revealing a story within a story - showing the lives of the actors who portray Fowles' characters. The characters' story ends one way, the actors' another

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Man, that sounds like hell. Being so emotionally dependent on someone that you'll stay with him no matter how abusive the he gets. I know those lyrics I put there weren't the name of the song. I just didn't know the name, but I figured you'd know what song I meant with those lyrics.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Something did give.

It was my stomach.

9. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that was the most awful movie in the human history. How can you seriously like that movie, Sam?

10. toolzombie Registered Member

Have you seen that movie? They're not abusive toward one another, just unfortunate people they meet along the way. Killers need love too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

once upon a time in mexico

its has romantic has i get

12. draqon Banned Banned

Shoot 'Em Up ( the best romance + bullet action ) 4EVA!

13. Gustav Banned Banned

14. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

in all seriousness, i reckon brokeback mountain is the best romantic movie i've seen. purely out of how convincing it was, other love movies i didn't really feel like they loved each other that much, or that the odds were that bad or anything. and the man love wasn't nearly as graphic as i thought it would be, so that was a relief.

before i get called gay, i watched it with my gf, and during the sex scenes i buried my head in her glorious cleavage. cos i <3 vaginas.