Best Martial Art?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by airavata, Apr 30, 2003.

1. dr_spine_jr Registered Member

Agreed. The best way to avoid conflict is diplomacy. When diplomacy fails it's better to have something as a back-up.

Please read my last post and let me know whether you agree or disagree. thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dr_spine_jr Registered Member

I like internal styles for their theory and philosphy. it's still all based upon an unproven hypothesis. it would be interesting to see a professional boxer vs. a xing yi master.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dr_spine_jr Registered Member

Depending on what quality of muscle that a person has trained, you might be right. If a person has trained their musculature to have power and explosiveness, as well as a great deal of endurance. That's besides the point though. My original thought was that there is an upper limit to a person's ability to fight outside of their weight class.

Hypothetically speaking we'll say a 145 lbs. person given Olympic level training in speed, power, endurance, durability, and has top notch technique. How large a man would he be reasonably able to defeat in one on one combat? 300 lbs? 315 lbs? It's a lot of weight to give away. The fight might be messy and brutal but, in all sincerity i believe that the smaller man will probably lose if he has to give away that much weight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LosTSoul666 Registered Member

jkd is not the best martial art or the most effective