Best Horror Film ever made?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by alexb123, Oct 30, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I really didnt find this film scary at all. I knew it was rated by a lot of people and expected a lot. But I didn't even see it as a horror film.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Rose Red by Stephen King is pretty good.
    Because of a lot of horror exposure as a kid, I find myself largely immune to any horror film I watch these days.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Is that the one with the house and the psychics?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. You're right, of course you are. I'm surprised I missed that one m'self, usually I tend to think of it back-to-back following something like Alan Parkers Angelheart - also another really good exponent of a similar themed story. Both work pretty well together.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... Which one, Carpenters or the original? I loves 'em both , me...

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Yes.

9. flatcapman Registered Senior Member

What???????? You mean to tell me if some thing looked at you thou your blacked window like that you would stare back at the eyes of pure evil and not feel fear????
    Surely you jest. Suspiria is a horror film because it deals with the supernatural and about a coven of witches who kill people for eternal youth.
    Madame Blunch is over 150 years old and looking good for her age. The directoress made her live forever thou sacrifaces.
    The 3rd film (Mothor of tears the 3rd in a trilgoy after Suspria and Inferno) after those two is being made and Im looking forward to seeing it. I recken this 3rd one will be tougher to destroy as she pretty much had a good kill system in Inferno and snuffed out 2 lives without breaking a sweat.
    Should be interesting to see what this witch does next.

FCM

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. John99 Banned Banned

The original Amittyville Horror.

11. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I really liked "The Thing," though I didn't find it particularly scary. It was just really cool, edgy and well crafted.

A movie I thought was legitimately scary was "The Grudge." I think it's so creepy, I would actually consider NOT seeing it again. Movies really don't scare me, but "The Grudge" totally did me in.

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Dream Catcher is the only movie that's ever really scared me, back when it first came out.

13. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I think one of the most underrated has to be 'I spit on your grave'. It really makes your eyes water.

Also one itching for a remake has to be 'last house on the left'. Badly made film but still good. Why do they remake a classic like the Omen which didn't need it and not touch some of the older low production films that need a remake.

14. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

If you like this film why not investigate the real murders.

http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/startframeindex.html

There is a mass of information online. I spent a whole week researching this and came to a conclution how the murders could happen. There should be a forum somewhere with my Theory on it. The forum is run by a women called Tracey Defoe (the now wife of the killer) I can't find it at the moment.

But it a very interesting case and Tracy will reply to your comments although she tends to give just a standard reply. She is fighting to clear him of some of the murders.

If anyone looks into this post your research its very interesting to get your teeth in to a real murder. The online info is extensive.

15. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

the last 15 minutes of silence of the lambs

still gives me chills

16. John99 Banned Banned

a travesty.

There's nothing like film, you cannot do a good horror movie on digital.

17. Dourhan2 Registered Member

The originals of The Haunting and The Grudge. Switchblade Romance is good too, athough the ending is a bit weird.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I forgot about that one. Although I didn't really think of it as a horror film. Of course the men in the film who suffered the vengence of the female protaganist might feel otherwise.

I'm crossing my legs right now just thinking about that damned movie.

19. draqon Banned Banned

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  20. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Evil Dead!

used to be shit scared off that movie. My mom used to lock me up in the room turn the light off and out that movie on and leave me there alone.

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  22. iam Banned Banned

There is a scene in the newest excorcist movie that deeply disturbed me. It was a too realistic scene of a child being mauled to death and carried away by a pack of wolves while he is crying and screaming. I felt sick. I did not like that at all. I felt like really crying.

23. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

battle royal a horror?