Best handgun ever made?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Carcano, Nov 18, 2008.

1. keith1 Guest

Of course you're right, even as both of these are fairly accurate as single shot weapons.
    I believe their advantage would come in a counter-offensive situation of "overwhelming hordes" (Example: Chinese Army/UN Troops-Yalu River, North Korea-1950), where quickly dropping 20 attackers could unnerve 500 more into immediate retreat. I "get" that these are not suitable as "home protection" pistols.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

The "best" handgun is the one that fits your needs better than any other you can find.

Yep, the .357 magnum is sweet - which is why I carry the S & W Centennial edition stainless steel J - frame 5 shot revolver when I need serious protection. It is not too big to carry comfortably and it packs a wallop.

When I need to be even more stealthy though, I carry a .25 Beretta semi. It rides in that little cigarette - pack pocket in the right front of the classic bluejeans very inconspicuously, right at hand and easy to pull rapidly. That particular weapon is the favourite of many assassins as it is relatively quiet and quite lethal if you know what you are doing. It is a remarkably easy carry piece.

Note: I am street legal, licensed to carry the weapons and NRA qualify at 30 feet. Closer I use my hands, further I run like heck.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I will say the colt peace maker the U.S. Army M 9 Beretta. An the 1911 Colt. Are great pistols. But so is the one you own. An I agree with MacGyver the one not pointed at you. An a pistol round won't go through a engine block

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Either a Heckler & Koch USP or an M1911.

8. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I really like the bond arms 2 shot 45/410 pistols. There small an deadly trying to save for one. Also known as a snake slayer. www.bondarms.com

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  9. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Sig Saur P220 or Dragoon Revolver

10. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Then there this little gun's story