Best Anime Series

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Oct 19, 2006.

1. orcot Valued Senior Member

In don't believe someone mentioned beserk yet. It looks almost infinite with more then 30 volumes if I remember correctly. Annyway it has a good story nice art and the head character is based on a real person altough the story is completely fictional

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Orcot:

I did. I am in love with Berserk. It's an excellent man's anime.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

If you don't mind reading instead of watching, you should definitely check out the manga. The anime, while still excellent, is the tip of the iceberg, barely grazing the first couple of volumes of the entire, and still ongoing, story.

To the OP: I'm glad you've seen RahXephon, one of the best anime I've ever seen.

If you're into romantic comedies, and can tolerate the dated animation, I recommend Kimagure Orange Road.

Also, you don't have to watch the Ruroini Kenshin series, which became bloated with ridiculous filler episodes past season 2, to enjoy the OVA "Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen" or "Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal". It has a completely seperate darker tone from the majority of the series and tries to portray what the life of a powerful but young, naive assasin like Kenshin might've been like during the revolution. It's only 4 episodes too so I definitely say you should check it out asap.

Naruto had some slight magic in its early days. Now it's nothing but a piece of slow filler crap with the occasional sprinkle of goodness.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

The only good anime series is one that doesn't exist. LOOLLL!!!

8. Ragnarok Hang em High.... Registered Senior Member

Desert boy is very entertaining...

9. VitalOne Banned Banned

I only watched DBZ in my youth...DBZ is what made anime so popular

10. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm certain the irony of this thread being one I began as sderenzi is not lost on you

11. orcot Valued Senior Member

blacksad is good to and le scorpion and sandman their more comics then manga but what the hell.

12. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I liked Samurai X a LOT, I even still catch it on reruns.

How many people will laugh if I said Yugioh?

13. draqon Banned Banned

...I actually like it 2. Especially the youtube's yugioh abridged series

14. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Naruto has gotta be my all time favorite, watch the Japanese version, its alot better than the English version, both the first series and Shipudden Series of Naruto soundtracks are incredibly well done, and I will always say its better than Bleach, its just bloodier and more cussing involved (if you compare the English versions) but story wise, I think Bleach is absolutely pathetic.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

These are some of the animes I've watched:

Mobile Suit Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
    Mobile Suit Gundam OO
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    Macross Zero
    Macross Frontier
    Full Metal Panic
    Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?!
    Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid!
    Naruto
    Naruto Shippunden
    Death Note

Anyways, I think subbed anime is way better, the english voice actors suck, the will literally ruin the perfect moment.

My favorites have to be Code Geass and Gundam, the other ones are awesome though.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Anyone here listen to Japanese music?

My favorite is Daybreak's bell, the first opening for Gundam OO.

17. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

I listen to some, but I will always say Bleach has a pathetic, and overrated story-line. For best Story-line Naruto has my vote all the way.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Bleach's storyline sucks, Naruto's was pretty good, but I think Code Geass had the best storyline. Sauske can kick Naruto's ass any day, because he is way smarter then Naruto.

Anyways, C.C. rules all with her mind raping skills and immortality ( and her ability to grant Geass ), it is also a bonus that CLAMP did a good job in her character design.

19. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Lol Naruto's smart, he's just childish, but you must admit he is much more durable than Sasuke, and if he fought C.C if she used her "mind raping" skills, Naruto would be thinking, "What the fuck?" Lol

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

C.C. can withstand anything Naruto can throw at her, she is invincible except to the Ragnonok. Once C.C. touches Naruto, Naruto will live through the worst memories of his life. Naruto is more of the brute force type and Sasuke is more of the speed and agility type. Sasuke is still smarter than Naruto.

21. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

- DBZ up to Cell saga, although the freeza saga wasn't bad either but I didnt like the majin bu one.

- First season of Pokemon (great opening song)

- Yugioh series (another awesome theme song)

- Trigun

- Yu Yu Hakusho - the seasons with the tournament

- First season of Inuyasha - are they still making new episodes? :bugeye:

- Ruroni Kenshin - the only reason I'm putting this up here (because I didn't like it that much) is because I liked that character with the naga nada - some sweet battle scenes with that!

Although I never got into the series I always loved the artwork of Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. Something about those giant robots was just awesome and it wasn't all computer animated like they all are now - it was all hand drawn and I think that always looks better.

22. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Sorry to say it, but the series of Inuyasha died, thats why its not on tv anywhere and I have looked everywhere. And Naruto isn't that much of a brute force person, thats more Choji.

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Just Communication ( first op of Gundam Wing )
    COLORS ( first op of Code Geass )
    O2 ( first op of Code Geass R2 )
    Ash like snow ( second op of Gundam OO )
    Tomorrow ( first op of FMP )
    Re:member ( ironically I forgot which op it is, but I know its from Naruto )
    Haruku Kanata ( one of the openings for Naruto )
    SIGN ( one of the openings for Naruto Shippunden, it starts with "I realize the screaming pain, hearing loud in my brain, but I'm going straight to hell, with this scar" and it shows Jiraya giving Naruto a lollypop or something in the opening scene )
    Wana ( the first ending of Gundam OO )
    INVOKE ( the first opening of Gundam SEED )
    Vestige ( first opening of Gundam SEED Destiny )
    Anna No Issho Datta No Ni ( first ending of Gundam SEED )
    Meteor ( insert song for Gundam SEED )
    Continued Stories ( the ending song for the last episode of Code Geass R2 )

Those are some of the ones I can remember the name of the song off by heart, I am not going to bother listing them all anyways. Gundam OO was animated the best out of all the Gundam series, ( next to Gundam Unicorn which is not out yet ).