Best Actor In Episode II

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Cactus Jack, May 22, 2002.

1. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Who was the best actor in Episode II? My opinion is without a doubt Christopher Lee, second best was deffinetely Ewen Mcgregor.

Now who was the worst? Padme's head of security couldn't act worth anything I felt.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Best: Ewan Mcgreggor, Yoda is a close second, followed by Christensen. Boba Fett was damn good for a kid, too. Overall some impressive acting.

"Oh no, not good!"

Worst:
    I would have to say that security guy. He had some pretty terrible lines though so you have to give him some credit. Christopher Lee didn't really jump out at me too much.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I'd like to say Samuel Jackson, but he just didn't have enough to work with, didn't get enough dialogue in the film.

Christopher Lee also didn't have enough to work with to really do a great job, even though he is the classic movie bad guy.

Padme's security guy only had a couple of lines. The guy has been in NZ and Australian television for years, but I don't think he's ever had a chance to do much serious film work.

Morrison (Jango Fett) I thought was pretty cool, as was the junior Fett.

For some reason Portman has seemed very much a cardboard cut-out character to me in both of these films. But we still need her in the films, coz she's Natalie Portman.

Ewan McGregor wins it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

I thought Samuel L Jackson's dialogue was a little hard to believe, it just seemed like he wa acting not really the character in any way.

Christopher Lee was Awesome in the movie acting wise. But you are right, he needed something he could better sink his teeth into, though he pulled off an amazing job.

Security Guard only may have had a few lines but they were horrific.

Jango Fett was a pretty good actor, and compared to the kid who played Anakin last go around Boba was a god.

I don't think Natalie Portman's acting was that bad, actualy thought it was allright, she was in between: Never really horrible and as far as I could see never really good. But you're right, she was givin such a cut - out role in both movies though Episode 1 was the worst. But she is in my opinion the second most beautiful woman alive and that skin tight white outfit almost made me faint!

And Mcgregor was really really good, he doesn't get enough credtit as an actor. Hes been good in all the movies I;ve seen him in. I really liked him in Moulin Rouge actually, so sing his praises.

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Portman is number two? Who is one then?

McGregor is damn good. He's done many different sorts of characters, and does them all well. A good example is a film called Little Voice.

THe guy who played Jango fett, Tumuerra Morrison, is a bit famous over here for playing a seriously tough bastard in a couple of films called One Were Warriors and What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted. In the second film he walks into a bikie gang clubhouse and starts caving in heads with a huge spanner, and that's when you think "That is one dude I never want angry with me", even if he's just an actor.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ewan McGregor.

Oh, and Frank Oz was very good, too.

10. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Portman is number two? Who is one then?

I'm a hopeless romantic, there's this girl I know that I'm absolutely in love with. To me shes more beautiful than the stars.

11. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I agree Cactus. She is so hot!!!!!!

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Best actor in the film is Ewen. You have to watch the later Star Wars again to understand just how good a job he did of turning that horrible dialogue into something believable for Obi Wan.

That kid that played Boba was HORRIBLE. His stupid little 'hehehe' laugh was the most fake thing I've ever heard since Jake Loyde said anything in the part of Anakin.

Natalie was a good actress, and she had nothing to work with as far as script goes.

Hayden (Toronto!) did a good job. His acting was fine. His part was written worse than I've ever seen. Anakin is suppose to be subtly evil and the greatest fighter the academy has ever seen. In the movie, he is incredibly obviously evil (and there is NO transition period in between being an innocent kid and an evil teen in the movies) and we don't see his fighting skill at all.

13. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Well, I don't think the actor who played Anakin was really horrible in a couple of parts and then really really good in others, the script wasn't that great deffinetely but the movie was awesome!