Being frozen after death

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Sir Aristrotle, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Sir Aristrotle The C.E.O. of Teen-Moods Registered Senior Member

If one is frozen after death, from lets say he died of commanirost and then like 3 years later they found a cure for it , could they bring this person back to life? I heard it was very possible.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if people have totally perfected the use of Cryogenics, for the human body to be frozen without "Damaging" it would have to freeze extremely quickly so that ice crystals don't form. The problem is that different parts of the body would freeze at different times (because of their makeup and density) which means it's very likely that a whole body would indeed be damaged.

There are how ever possible ways of dealing with this, but that's still in the testing stages.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

how about first heating different zones of the body to such temperatures that they all when started to freeze, freeze up in one time

just a thought

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

liquid nitrogin?

wouldnt that snap freaze a body?

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

no- if it were, then we wouldn't have this talk

oh and ofcourse you have to replace blood with some other special chemical liquid

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

You can freeze goldfish in an outdoor pond and after spring 4/5 survive.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

we are not fish

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

no, but we are vertibrates

I still say almost every problem can be solved through a tad of genetic engineering. You are not a fish, but you could be. Step into my lab...

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

what a nice and warm welcome
    excuse me if I reject

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

don't want to be a fish

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

btw- I think that you would have some problems to do some great changes to a already sort of grownup and sort of sane human

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I am sure a good enough retrovirus could do the job. You might need to spend a few months in a cacoon of some sort with an IV but im sure it could be done.

14. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I do not see why they freeze the whole body. Are people that connected to how they look? I mean, maybe if I was Salma Hayek I would feel that way but come on...

What I mean is why not just freeze your brain? If it retains memory that is all I would ask for. I could look like frankenstein and still be happy.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

brain freezing is done and it costs less - about 10 to 15K of $$$. I saw it on discovery. Body costs more. But I'd still like to have my body after being defrozen. I'd be a prisoner without a body and even if I was given a new one I still think that your body is a part of your personality. It shapes your personality and maybe also vica versa. Or more correctly- what others think of your body and how they address you.

16. axonio98 Banned Banned

even in frozem people there is the problem of racemization of amino acids. in the absence of metabolic activity L forms are converted to D forms and vice-versa until there is a balance between these forms. Living creatures only use L amino acids.