Being an insufferable bitch i.e. moderator rudeness.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by invert_nexus, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So, gendanken has been banned once again, apparently. The reason?

Being an insufferable bitch.

Is it appropriate for a moderator to ban someone while exhibiting worse behavior than the person being banned to begin with?

I don't think so.

I would hope that some self-respecting administrator would do something about this, yes?

And, by something, I mean something more than simply erasing evidence.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Well, I'll give this to him. He's not as irascible as he once was. I'm not going to go further back than 6 pages. They're back there though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

dick.

8. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I would like Lori to now be banned for calling me a dick.

I'm not kidding.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If I may say a word here.

In the antediluvian mists of the SciForums Tin Age, long ago, I, too, battled with Gendanken. In retrospect, I also may have been too hasty to come to a decision about her; I don't recall much of the pertinent details other than there was a vicious argument about terminology, and I was already swirled in another battle. I was - I believe - wrong to do so. Gendanken's style is insulting, yes; but isn't this her style? Maybe I took that style too personally before. Maybe that's happening now too.

Those are my comments.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i didn't call you a dick. that wasn't directed at you. i wasn't calling anyone a dick, i just wanted to say the word.

sorry.

those 3 quotes from ben in a row like that made me laugh. probably because of the overuse of the word "dick". that's what my comment was in response to.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  12. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Ah, so here we are again. Old member trying to save what's left of the pre-sam sci. Longing for the times of the non-pc and discriminating intelligence where the smartest ass smells best.

No, Sam's not the issue this time, but it's all the same. For even the mighty Gendanken, with all of her words wouldn't dare turn an eye to Sam in this climate. Not for but to set a record for fastest ban in sci history.
    So we have the actors of today, Ben the Man: Arrogant for sure w/ out a PHD. Unreachable with.
    Poor defenseless Iceaura: Diluted, self righteous and egocentric but almost never uttering a foul word about a fellow member. Perhaps the founder of PC.

And.......the lovely and brilliant Gendanken, who begs to be banned with every keystroke. She, who without the insults would be less than one tenth the member, or rather non-existent.
    She who keeps thousands clicking to read the latest lashing. God love her.

Shame that a loved member like Invert_Nexus comes back not to engage in discussion but to take up the impossible cause.
    I'm afraid it's gone forever, the glory day, as I am here and living proof of that.

My heart bleeds for the lovers of sci-gone by.

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

She'd been banned already for similar behavior in the same thread. There were a rash of reports of her posts from various members.

Should I have tidied up my language a bit?

Would that make you feel better?

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You could also apologize.

The point is that it is ridiculous and hipocritical to ban someone for being insulting while being insulting at the same time. It smacks of privilege, doesn't it?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Can we just make Gendanken unbannable please? Every court needs it's jester.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That goes both ways.
    How can you be upset about someone being rude to Gendy if you're ok with her doing it constantly to others? Surely she would understand..

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

A nearly identical point can be (and is being) made in regards to Lori's ass picture. She has now even admitted that she meant it as an insult and she has still yet to face any negative consequences.

It seems that it is effectiveness, not insulting behavior, is being punished. Wit must, at all costs, be expunged so as to defend the feeble minded.

18. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I hear that man.

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Enmos,

I'm on my phone and quoting is a pain in the ass so I'll forgo the effort and count on you being able to remember what you wrote.

As to my defending Gendanken from being insulted, I don't believe that's what I'm doing.
    I'm pointing out hypocrisy. You cannot, repeat can not, punish someone for behavior which you, yourself, evince without being a hypocrite.

It's unfair and unjust.

The law applies to all or none.

The topic of whether or not the law itself is valid is an entirely different topic. This thread accepts it as a given.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

As an addendum to my last post, I'd like to bring up a couple of points:

1.) Once upon a time, James used to allow threads to continue that had some insulting behavior as long as all parties were equally involved (I'm not speaking of equal effectiveness here.)

2.) Insult for insult is fine. The greater problem is insult and ban for insult. It's unfair and hypocritical.

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you would compare that picture, or the word "dick", to the venom she spews? and then call that venom witty?

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yes.

She's intelligent. And, moreover, witty.

You're neither.

Same goes for the other nobody being valiantly defended in that thread with this noble punishment.

We must defend those like you from self-knowledge of inadequacy. You are God's special little snowflake. No need to excel or to even try. Lean back and enjoy the ride. We'll take care of you.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Anyway, You, not being intelligent or witty, have just unwittingly proven my point. You don't object to the insult, merely the effectiveness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.