Beheading in the Name of Islam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

SAM does one wrong justify another ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Tell me how many of these countries had terrorism BEFORE US intervention.

How much terrorism and lawlessness and civil wars were sustained and armed and funded by the US?

--------------

Beheading, Hooding, and Water Boarding:
    CIA Torture in Vietnam, Latin America, and Iraq

by Nick Gier

The weak will do anything to stop the pain;
    The strong will resist until the end.

--a Roman jurist on torture

The gloves are coming off . . . Col. Boltz has made it clear that we want these individuals broken.

--Abu Ghraib military intelligence e-mail, August 17, 2003

In 1966 the CIA launched the Phoenix Project, a program designed to destroy the South Vietnamese Communists, better known as the Viet Cong. Specially designed torture chambers were constructed in all 44 provinces and rape of women suspects, electric shock, water torture, and hanging from ceilings were standard methods during interrogations.

Of the tens of thousands of South Vietnamese detained, at least 20,000 were summarily executed. Copying a Viet Cong practice, the severed heads of those executed were frequently displayed in the villages. Even more common was collecting the ears of dead Communist troops.

The principal incentive the CIA used for arresting suspects was money, and it was said that paid informants "often lied and set-up innocent people." Many detainees at Guantanamo were turned in by Afghan bounty hunters who were paid off by coalition officers. In night raids on Iraqi homes all males were routinely detained, but only 10-15 percent, admits intelligence officer Jose Garcia, are of any intelligence value.

In his book "A Question of Torture," Alfred McCoy demonstrates that the CIA developed "no touch torture, based on sensory deprivation and self-inflicted pain." These techniques were "field-tested . . . in Vietnam . . . and then imported to Latin American and Asia under the guise of police training."
    http://www.newwest.net/index.php/main/article/9930/

Strange how these things follow the US around.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

All of them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't know, but it isn't like that is the topic though.
    You basically said you were ok with the beheadings because the US made a lot of victims too.. So how does one wrong justify another ?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope. None of them.

Not in Latin America, nor Iran (pre-Mossadegh), nor Iraq, nor Afghanistan, nor Pakistan.

Did not even hear of Muslim suicide bombers until Iran in the 1980s.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats not what I said. I said they are collateral damages.

If you screw with the security - physical, social, economic - of a country, unleash murder, torture, death squads, destroy democratic governments, destroy the country's infrastructure and then turn your back on the people, is it surprising that they become vengeful and desperate?

I can even tell you who is next.

You'll see an increase in suicide bombings in Pakistan now, because US troops have been indiscriminately bombing civilians in the NWFP. You'll see more "Islamism" as people distance themselves from anything that smells western. And think Iraq today and Pakistan a few years down the line. The US is already pouring arms and dollars most of which are going into weapons development.

edit: how heartbreaking it is to be right, sometimes

Today:
    Suicide Bombing Kills 24, Wounds 70 Outside Court in Pakistan ...
    ABC News - 2 hours ago
    Pakistani Police officers carry a wounded colleague in the aftermath of a suicide bomb explosion Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008 in Lahore, Pakistan. ...
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/wireStory?id=4113221

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Will this stop the arms flow? Sadly, I doubt it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry ? You said:
    I will agree with you that things got worse, but that doesn't clear the perpetrators of anything though.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you comfortable? Warm? Safe? Well fed? Can you sleep at night knowing you will wake up tomorrow?

If you reach that stage, when you wake up and see a decapitated or bombed family member lying next to you, your country in shambles, nowhere to go and nothing to do, no way out, come back and proselytise to me.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well, excuse me... jeez..

Since when are you an Iraqi by the way ?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not beheading anyone (except rats).

Tell me, how many suicide bombers under Saddam? In Iran, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan before US military bases?

How many terrorists beheading tourists before US interventions and air raids?

And if it is beheading in the name of Islam, the three most populous Muslim communities are India, Indonesia and Pakistan.

How many beheadings?

14. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

This is bad argument.
    The one who felt this kind of discomfort described in your quote will not talk about it at all.

Trust me.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes, but we are expecting people living under these conditions to behave normally. Right?

Why?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You mean like a murderer that had a bad childhood ? Is he any less guilty for it ?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Think of this as your town, your home, your family.

Think of it as something that has been going on continuously since 1980s

-------------

SHINDAND, 3 May 2007 (IRIN) - Almost 1,600 families have been displaced and many others need urgent humanitarian assistance two days after US war planes bombed several villages in the Shindand district of the western province of Herat, Afghan officials said. Reports of displacement follow claims that up to 60 civilians may have died in the fighting.

"Hundreds of houses have been destroyed and thousands of people need emergency relief," the director of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) in Herat, Ghulam Nabi Hakak, told IRIN on Thursday.

The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and some other relief organisations are reportedly working on aid delivery. "Sixty metric tonnes of food items will be dispatched to the affected regions very soon and further aid will be delivered after assessments," said Rick Carsino, WFP's country director for Afghanistan.

Civilians killed

Between 27 and 29 April United States Special Forces fighting with the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police killed more than 130 Taliban fighters in the Shindand district, a US military press release reported. During the engagement a coalition aircraft bombed targets and an AC-130 gunship was also called in. According to the military press release "there were no civilian casualties reported".

However, the government of Afghanistan and the United Nations has confirmed reports which say more than 45 civilians, including women and children, died as a result of US military operation in Shindand.

On Tuesday a UNAMA assessment team visited the area to investigate what UN Spokesman Adrian Edwards described as "possible indiscriminate use of force and possible civilian displacement". Edwards says the UN believes figures of up to 49 civilian deaths, including 18 women, are credible.

Others say the figure could be higher, according to AIHRC "about 60 civilians have been killed in the air raids". Bahauddin, a resident of Shindand, said "more than 100 people have been killed all of whom are civilians". IRIN cannot confirm these reports.

IRIN understands that the UN team visited bombed villages, including Polmakan. Sources described the village as "heavily bombed" with eight houses destroyed and with women sitting and crying saying that their children were still under the rubble.

----------

What are your expectations from life, from people?

18. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

If they're afraid that tomorrow they will be hidden under the bed while watching decapitation of their beloved on the doorstep, then I'm sure they have right to behave 'abnormal'.

World is running to its biggest collapse and its biggest conflict.

And yes, there will be blood.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You're getting a bit emotional here SAM, calm down..

I expect nothing from life, only death.
    I expect people to treat me with respect, nothing more..

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is the sad truth.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is what everyone expects.

If you want respect, you have to learn to give it first.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yet, beheading is good ?

23. Atom Registered Senior Member

Yes Sam, but that was during a particuiarly vicious War - it wasn't part of their everyday culture.

There's a difference - yes?