Before the big bang

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Mazulu, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

Wow! I guess everyone agrees with me that the cyclical universe really is a stupid idea.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mazulu Banned Banned

On the other hand, maybe this is the pre-existing universe with different laws of physics and a faster c. If so, then that universe is still here.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mazulu Banned Banned

Why wait a google years, so long that even God gets bored. God created multiple coexisting universes, each with a different speed of light and other values for physics constants. The, He set the whole thing off like a pan dimensional fire works display.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prof.Layman totally internally reflected Registered Senior Member

I think it was just one turtle being totally internally reflected, and was not turtles all the way down.

8. GammaMatrix Banned Banned

Well... what do you expect?

If time did not exist before big bang, it is quite hard to think of a chronology of events before it no? Of course, Ekpyrotic Theory does dictate it is possible the universe existed in a frozen state before the Big Bang... basically another universe smashed into ours setting everything into motion... then you might have the Cyclic Universes which Penrose has been advocating recently... the idea our universe has had many Big Bangs. Sort of goes hand-in-hand in a sense. We have also evidence of Cosmic Bruises, but nothing definitive. But one can treat these bruises as a type of evidence towards other universes.

Personally, I think it is all rubbish. It is quite sufficient to have a universe come into existence through maybe tunneling? That idea has been quite popular since particles themselves tunnel often in potential walls.