Bee sting therapy...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by draqon, Jul 14, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

I have an allergic rhinitis...and found a great solution to my problem. Bee sting therapy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I tried everything...the nasal sprays...the anti-decongestants...the Zertex...but it always comes back.

So I have decided to have bee sting procedure done on me. All I need is to get two bees...and have someone hold them to sting me on a nose. I need this done...but I need a doctor to hold the bees as it would be too painful for me to hold it on myself. :shrug: What should I do? Who can help?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The bees will die. So much for you morality.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

A medical doctor holding a Master of Public Health degree from Harvard University reports that he, himself, suffered from allergic rhinitis for a number of years. His symptoms were pounding headaches, nasal congestion and sneezing. Over the years, the allergic rhinitis led to repeated sinus infections requiring treatment with antibiotics.

A variety of synthetic antihistamines provided only “marginal relief”. After using one ounce of mangosteen juice, twice a day for two days his allergic symptoms were gone and he was able to stop using his prescription antihistamines.

Being somewhat skeptical in nature, he decided to stop using the mangosteen juice as a treatment for his allergic rhinitis for one day. The following day all of his symptoms returned and were once again relieved by mangosteen juice.

In conclusion, it may be that there are a number of natural cures for allergic rhinitis just waiting to be discovered, but for those who currently suffer from allergic rhinitis, mangosteen juice may offer a possible solution.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Are-There-Really-Cures-for-Allergic-Rhinitis?&id=288616

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

draqon have you been to an ear nose and throat specilist?

They were discussing this on the radio the other day and i cant rember all the treatments but they said most allergic rinutis can be cured by exposure theropy, rather than just taking a few demisin tablets and then having it come back

8. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Just any nose? Solution: find a nice bee hive, cover every inch of your body in a beekeepers outfit but leave your nose exposed. Stick head in hive. No doctor or medical bills will follow unless you are allergic to bee stings. Take a stick along with you or something to provoke the bees with. Good Luck!

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode i garentiee if you do that you wont have any medical bills if your alergic. There is NO WAY IN HELL that an ambulance could get there in time to give you adrenilin if you did this

10. draqon Banned Banned

exposure therapy? :bugeye: what's that?

And mangosteen juice...I dont want the symptoms to come back you know...

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok exposure theoropy starts by a whole serise of allergy tests to see WHAT your alergic too (they prick the skin on your arm and then put a potentual alergin on it to see which ones react).

Now this is the bit im not 100% sure about but i BELIVE what they do is inject you with a gradually increasing strength of the alergin your alergic to so that your body gets used to it.

Its the same treatment they give to people with server alergies and its a permident cure. The other reason you should see a ear nose and throat specilist is because this condition increases your risk of athma and sleep apona which can be fatal

12. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Just trying to save Draq a trip to the doctor. Things to know: Take an antihistamine before attempting this cure & do not use a doctor who's brother is a mortician.

13. draqon Banned Banned

yeah I know...darn financial issues now...but I guess I will push it down to have me be seen by immunologist.

14. draqon Banned Banned

like I said...I take one pill antihistamine...it works a day...unless I take it next day the symptoms come back. I am tired of it.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Mangosteen juice is a tropical fruit beverage made by liquefying the seeds, rind, and flesh of the Southeast Asian mangosteen. Mangosteens, Garcina mangostana, are native to countries such as Malaysia, the Phillippines, and Thailand. Now they are also cultivated in Brazil and India for American importers. They bottle mangosteen juice as a supposed miracle cure containing unprecedented amounts of antioxidants and xanthones.

The mangosteen is the size of an apple, with a thick rind and interior white segments like an orange, and large seeds. As with many fruits, the mangosteen is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, potassium, iron, and calcium. The mangosteen is not widely available in America, so the juice must be imported. While nutritionists have not tested the countless claims of mangosteen juice bottlers, many companies profess that this "Queen of Fruit" can cure everything from cancer to dysentery to bacterial infections. They base this on a few sporadic studies in the laboratory, or on animals, that have shown positive benefits of doses of xanthones and antioxidants, compounds found in various fruits.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mangosteen-juice.htm

However, a possible adverse effect may occur from chronic consumption of mangosteen juice containing xanthones. A 2008 medical case report described a patient with severe acidosis possibly attributable to a year of daily use (to lose weight, dose not described) of mangosteen juice infused with xanthones,[13] as occurs in the manufacture of many commercial mangosteen juices. The authors proposed that chronic exposure to alpha-mangostin, a xanthone, could be toxic to mitochondrial function,[14] leading to impairment of cellular respiration and production of lactic acidosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangosteen

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

draqon one thing that might help in the short term, if through out the day you sit up with your head laid back so that your tracia is straight for a good hour or so throughout the day (doesnt have to be all at once)

This means that the sinus's run straight down by gravity. This COULD help drain them and relive the symptoms for a while

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode forget taking an antihistime before doing it, make sure you have a self injector with adrenilin in it (5mg i think) on you so that when your airway starts to close over (which it will) you can treat it, also have triple 0 on speed dial ready to go BEFORE your throat compleatly closes over so you can actually get an ambulance

18. draqon Banned Banned

Asguard...the sinus inflammation occurs in my nose during the night...I wake every day with a stuffy nose, in 2 minutes a tickling sensation occurs in the nose, about 30 discharges clear the nose of mucus mostly water substance, no infections. After about an hour the symptoms subside...

It all started from an infection when I was very very weak back two years ago. Anyways...the infection had worn off but the allergy continued. I had a CAT scan done and it was understood that this is not a fungus or bacterial infection.

At this point I need a way to stop it forever, antihistamines help and work...but I need to take them daily and my liver (or kidneys...) constantly reminds me of adverse effects of taking the pills.

19. draqon Banned Banned

Like I said...if I will not find someone to have a bee sting me...two bees just like they do it in China...I will do it myself. I am strong willed and I can hold the pain. But I need to cure this once and for all.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the reason its a problem mainly at night (apart from the fact that your alegin could be dust mite) is because your head tends to be pointing face down when you sleep.

This means that the nose drains INTO the sinus's so what you need to do is sit up with your head back to drain that fluid.

As i said its not a cure, its just something that MAY give you some imididate relife. This is especially important because if you DONT get that fluid out it can alow an infection to develop and thats where sinusitis comes from.

As i said exposure theoropy is the best solution if its possable or controling the alergin (depending what your alergic to). I also herd something about a slow releace anti histime shot which is like a birth control shot (ie it relecases a constant dose over a long period of time)

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Before you go sting yourself i couldnt find ONE artical relating to AR and bee stings EXCEPT where they related to people ALERGIC to bee's

Read these
    http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/182_01_030105/wal10248_fm.html

This artical suggests that acupuncher might help and i do trust it because it was aproved by the TGA

"Abstract
    Objective: To investigate the effectiveness and safety of acupuncture in persistent allergic rhinitis (PAR)

Design: Randomised, single-blind, sham-controlled trial conducted from May 2004 to February 2005.

Participants and intervention: 80 patients with PAR (age, 16–70 years) were randomly assigned to receive real or sham acupuncture. After a 1-week baseline period, participants were treated twice weekly for 8 weeks and followed up for another 12 weeks.

Main outcome measures: Nasal obstruction, sneezing, rhinorrhoea and nasal itch were each self-assessed daily on a 5-point scale, and scores were aggregated weekly. The sum of the symptom scores (total nasal symptom score, TNSS) was also determined. A secondary outcome was use of PAR relief medication.

Results: After 8 weeks’ treatment, the weekly mean difference in TNSS from baseline was greater with real (−17.2; 95% CI, −24.6 to −9.8) than with sham acupuncture (−4.2; 95% CI, −11.0 to 2.7) (P = 0.01). The decrease in individual symptom score was also greater with real acupuncture for rhinorrhoea (P < 0.01) but not the other symptoms. At the end of follow-up, the greater difference in TNSS from baseline in the real acupuncture group was still apparent: real, −21.0 (95% CI, −29.1 to −12.9) versus sham, − 2.3 (95% CI, −10.2 to 5.6) (P = 0.001). Moreover, the differences from baseline in all four individual symptom scores were greater for the real than for the sham group (P < 0.05). Real and sham acupuncture were both well tolerated.

Conclusion: Our findings suggest that acupuncture is effective in the symptomatic treatment of PAR.

Trial registration: Australian Government Therapeutic Goods Administration CTN 034/2004"
    http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/187_06_170907/xue10055_fm.html

This is the artical i was lissioning to on AR by doctor norman swan (has the transcript and some uselful links) http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthreport/stories/2008/2208221.htm

22. draqon Banned Banned

acupuncture costs money...I dont have money...bees are everywhere...

23. draqon Banned Banned

And I been stung before, no I am not allergic.