Beauty and the Ugly guy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by CutsieMarie89, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I have no idea whether people think I'm good or bad looking. But one of my girlfriends was considered the ugliest girl around. And then I married a woman who gets stared at so much that one guy crashed his car into a post in a parking lot.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Marriage is what the researchers counted. Not the occasional girlfriend/ boyfriend. My mom caused an accident in a parking lot, cause a guy was staring at her. It was kind of funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

That is one downfall with having a very sexy partner, it does annoy me that every guy around is just starring at my girl. It used to happen with my ex wife aswell ut not as much.

She gets stalked all the time aswell by wierd guys trying to get her number, Im a confrontational type of guy aswell and will always speak up so it causes some problems and occasional violence which I need to kind of sort out.

people say "take it as a compliment tht she is yours and they want her" lol yeah in fairy tale land thats cool and everything, but in the real world it would be nice if she could go somewhere alone without being stalked and constantly hounded by sex deprived losers who think "go away" means "hi I want to be followed some more", she complains that girls always give me the eye and stuff but I don't think it's nearly as bad as the attention she gets.

The black guy thing is kind of annoying to, such haters! because Im european and Im with a very attractive black girl. But im used to that my entire life, I can see the venom in there eyes like "oh my god look at that white dude with one of my sexy sisters, but I will just stare instead of saying something to him because he looks like he can whoop my ass"

lol haters,

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

You can usually tell by the way women look at you/treat you. If women generally treat you with preference for no apparent reason, they probably find you attractive. Also, if when you're talking to them, and they're listening, their eyes may wander from your eyes and they may start looking at other parts of your face, like your mouth for instance. Also, if they touch their hair when interacting with you that's a sign.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I have to admit it's sometimes difficult to imagine a partner as all-around gorgeous as me; it's been a challenge. But I'm quite happy with my current wife, Eva Longoria. It's all good.

Anyway: evolutionary basis for this would be assortative mating. Common.

9. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

You're forgetting one thing: $. If a girl has it she is twice as hawt...

10. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I disagree. Money doesn't make you "hot". It just makes you more attractive. Not to look at, but to be with. Because a rich person will hopefully buy you things.

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No you're not. You're normal.

Looks are VERY important to me. I should think they are to most people. Sure, they're not everything, and unless combined with desirable personality traits they're pretty empty. But let's get real. Unless you're only after a relationship of the mind, looks are essential. No one gets turned on by a guy with a beer gut and a deformed blob for a nose.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I am such a minority in this. My husband is scarred, bald, with a whistle inducing gap between his front teeth. He was like that the day I met him. I have wanted him since the day I met him. Why? Because I saw him bossing people around and watched them jump.

14. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. - Henry Kissinger.

Certainly for women it is. Many women seem to be more strongly drawn to alpha male types than to pretty boys. Though I'd imagine that handsome and aggressive would be a win win combination.

15. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Power is a turn on sure, but being unattractive doesn't compensate for the acclaimed power. Of being beautiful and broke usually isn't worth the hassle either.

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I'm just super duper picky. I won't even date guys who have a gut even if they are attractive. I only date guys who are at least as in shape as I am. Picky, picky picky. Everyone always told me my standards were too high and that I'd never find anyone.

17. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Orly,
    Your statement above reminds me of a conversation you and I had a few months ago. I asked you about guys that are good looking with a good build, and you told me that those types of guys tend to be narcissistic. You also told me that you like guys with power. Just thought I'd remind you of that. Haha.

OMG woman. Get out of my mind!
    I feel the same way towards women. I have a slim, athletic build and won't date a girl unless she also has an athletic build. I mean, I put forth the effort to keep myself in shape, why is it so bad to expect the same of your partner? I don't think my standards are high per se', just specific.

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Obviously it doesn't work for you. But many (if not most) wealthy and powerful men have attractive women as wives or girlfriends. As far as generalizations go, men are more interested in physical beauty than women are; women are more interested in a mate with high social status than men are.

Men don't mind in the least. Many CEOs have married beautiful waitresses.

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

No it doesn't. Having money is great, but if I have to look at his chewed up face and twelve chins, it might start to wear on me, sexually anyway. But we could be friends, just no sex.

20. Letticia Registered Senior Member

If he was chasing her for casual sex, sure. But if chasing with intent to marry, I beg to differ. I met plenty of men who most certainly considered potential wife's income prospects. My husband, for one

I think it is more of a middle-class thing. Rich men can afford to marry poor, while poor men have no choice but marry poor. Consequently both make their selection on physical attractiveness. For middle-class men, the wife's income is both important and somewhat optional.

Don't remember who wrote this, quoting from memory:

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

So you are a 5....

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I've never understood the hotness scale.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

That would do nothing for me. If I saw a guy bossing ppl around I would probably think the opposite. I would think man, this guy is kind of an asshole.

I don't really get this whole attraction to power thing. Personally I have to be attracted to them physically. I don't care how much money or power a man has if he is completely unattractive to me, I am not interested one bit. Also it would bore the shit out of me if he had no sense of humor.