BBC Survey finds the world thinks the US is arrogant--what do you think?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Abdullathebomber, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spookz Banned Banned

Re: Momma, Momma, as a family are we nasty people?

find a decent conservative forum where you can get a decent workout. sciforumers are mostly a bunch of pinko liberals yes? on your side (pally)?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Two words

Two words ... and then some

Two words: Well, duh.

Or, in the words of Ralph Wiggum, "Even I knew that." (EABF03)

How much have I said before? When Bush said he didn't understand why they hated us, he set the bar so low that you can't urinate in the gutter without washing over it.

The world worries about our aggressive foreign policy. Few people in the world argue that political and military might are to be held onto for a rainy day; it is to be used. The world worries, though, about how Americans wield power.

And the world worries about our domestic policy, and rightly so. Our domestic energy policy bears serious ramifications for our foreign policy. Antiterrorism laws aspire to quell public protest, to cease civil discourse in favor of a lock-step nationalistic faith. Europeans especially know that there are thinkers in the United States that prefer peace, and they are right to worry about the Bush Administration's assault against civil liberties. As our system of justice lays bleeding before the world, nations are understandably hesitant to extradite criminals who face execution. Right now the United States appears a seething, self-centered, fundamentalist ejaculation of machismo. We seem to be having much trouble running our own affairs, and yet we assert to instruct others in how to build a nation.

I can't say I'm surprised at the findings; I'm just glad the numbers weren't worse.

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tempusme Registered Senior Member

OMG HE CHOKED ON SOMETHING. OMG HE IS HUMAN!!!! OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMG. HE FELL OVER!!!!!!!!! @@@@@@@@@~~~~~~~~~

IMPEACH HIM !!!! HE CAN"T EATT CORRECTLYYY!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sinisister Registered Member

I can fully understand why the world would feel that way about our government. I guess I'm just naive enough to hope that there are some who are still able to separate the people from their president. I will be shocked if Bush isn't out on his butt next term. If we go back to the election, the popular vote was with Gore. The majority has never been behind Bush. Each person in every country is an individual with their own ideas and purposes. To lump all Americans or all members of any nation together and assume they're all the same is wrong.

8. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

He's been chewing and eating since a very young age. It's hard to believe someone with that much chewing experience can make a mistake like that.

I suppose you have to exempt Texans...they are the lone stars in every category.

Who said anything about impeaching b/c of his lack of chewing knowledge? OMG OMG! He'll just kill hisself and then we'll be stuck with....Slick Dick Chaney....:bugeye:

9. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

10. nico Banned Banned

I said best economy and largest provider of foreign aid

LOL, so naive it's funny. The best economy??? I think you mean largest there is a difference:

best (bst)

Having good qualities in the highest degree; most good, kind, desirable, suitable, etc.; most excellent;

largĀ·est
    Of greater than average size, extent, quantity, or amount; big

The US is the largest yes, (not for long mind you), but the best is China, best overall growth rates.

Provider of Foreign aid, actually the best givers are the Scandavians, per capita they give much more than you do. Instead of giving, you waste $350 billion + dollars on a overbloated and cold war-esqe military.

11. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~dludden/USbudget02.htm

I thought the cold war was over.
    I think this shows what the downfall of our country will be.
    We can rule the world under the gun for only so long before our lack of everything else catches up.

Compare the education/welfare budget to Dept of Mass Destruction aka Defense.

Note the Environment protection budget. Note how much our Government cares for the Vetrans.

I hate Bush and his dad

12. nico Banned Banned

It's only going to get worse, it's the USSR syndrome. Half of the economy is based on the military industrial complex. Eisenhower warned us of the military industrial complex. The USSR showed us it would bankrupt the nation. As living standards begin to decrease the military spending will only go up due to "increased international terrorism". The current American generation, my generation are possibly the most un-productive, the most lost, the most idoitic generation. I know I've seen it with my own two eyes. Terrorism is not on their mind, it's the new relationship with Demi Moore and Aston

, can't wait until 2015.

13. Billy Ocean Registered Member

I love how all you experts know "what the world wants" or how "Americans are"... some of you actaully make a decent point here or there but then lose credabilty when you start professing to know the thoughts and needs of an entire nation, or entire world. Give it a rest already guys, you have no clue.

And as for the guy talking about his sons school... well unless your son is the one doing the push ups and running the mile in uner 10 minutes, people like you could/should be considered part of the problem.

14. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

No.

15. nico Banned Banned

I never seen such a through, well thought out, intelligent, and superior answer to a post in my life. AND no one will tell me different:

No.

the intelluctual thought and the amount of proof to... can't go on it's too much.

You SUCK!Go on keep developing your murder weapons at Raytheon.

16. Sinisister Registered Member

personally...I think that whole "poked myself with a pretzel" thing is a bunch of bunk. I wish he would just admit that his wife punched him.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  17. Abdullathebomber Banned Banned

The enigma named Bush!

Old Latin proverb: "Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres."

Translation: "Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are."

As I see Bush ( Top killer governor in US history ) embracing his MAN OF PEACE, top killer and unindicted mass murderer, Ariel Sharon, I see more and more that they are both cut from the same cloth--except one of them has more gonads!

It's like women that fall in love with serial killers in prison and write to them and offer to marry them--thus CHICKEN HAWK Bush takes a fancy to MASS MURDERERS--and loves to hold hands with them in the oval room--and God know what else ( remembering LOVERS Bill & Monica, hehehe ).

Abdulla....

18. Abdullathebomber Banned Banned

Mommy, Mommy, "why does everybody hate us?"

Maybe it's America's propensity for:

1. Sucking up 3/5th's of the world's resources.
    2. Being the planets #1 polluter
    3. Canceling US participation in the Kyoto Treaty
    4. Deciding who is allowed to own and not own nukes.
    5. Bullying little countries that don't dance to its tune.
    6. Arming the Joos while disarming the Arabs.
    7. Backing out of the Int'l Crimes Court ( ICC ) committment.
    8. Sending weapons into tinder box areas ( Israel, for example ).
    9. Going into small impotent countries and arresting their leaders
    in violation of Int'l law. Note: see #5 above--and remember Manuel Noreiga who refused to continue as a US "puppet" and was promptly dethroned and arrested and put into a US prison!
    10. Terminal ARROGANCE! ( Too much Jooish influence ).
    11. Using the UN by being the "tail" that "wags" the UN dog to fullfill it's often warped demands and, of-course--to run cover for pariah Israel.
    12. Abrogating the ABM ( Anti-Ballistic Missile ) treaty and giving Russia & China an extended stiff middle finger to their objections.

Had Enuff?

Abdulla....

Peace :m:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  19. nico Banned Banned

Otherwise on the mark except:

6. Arming the Joos while disarming the Arabs.

Yes the Americans arm the Zionists big time, but they also arm heavily the Egyptians as well, the Saudi's, the Kuwiati's, the UAE, Oman, etc. Plus Egypt get's $2 billion in military aid, which she shouldn't get.

20. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

This "arrogance" is a false reassurance handed down by the jews. It will be their ruin, for with this "arrogance" they are following the jews off a cliff.

The USA must be destroyed before any of our white aryan children are harmed.

21. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

I suck?

hay d00d plz dont maek fun o fme liek taht im ognna cry

You said you thought I meant something I didn't. I said no. The simplicity of that slip under your radar? Jesus.

22. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

It is funny to me that like everyone on this thread is sitting here bashing the U.S.A. and the politics thereof. I don't know this, but I would imagine some if not all are probably from the U.S. If not, it doesn't matter... Do you guys see anything positive in this country? I personally love this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Call me crazy...

"In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

23. nico Banned Banned

I suck?

More than the average Monica Bear

hay d00d plz dont maek fun o fme liek taht im ognna cry

Having you daily seizure eh?

You said you thought I meant something I didn't. I said no. The simplicity of that slip under your radar? Jesus.

Well here in this neck of the woods would like to have through answers to through posts, not to just get them defaced by a suckie baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.