Battlestar Galactica: Worst Show On T.V.

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by darksidZz, Feb 20, 2007.

?

I think...

Poll closed Mar 12, 2007.
  1. You're right; It sucks

75.0%
  2. You're wrong; It's a brilliant rip off of screamers.

25.0%
  1. draqon Banned Banned

the worst ever made.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Heroes is pretty fucking awesome!
    What do you think of Jericho?

BSG: Season 3. I did love the episode where Galactica FTL jumps into New Caprica's orbit. Same episode (I think) also, where Pegasus rams the Base Stars. Just the dog's bollocks!!!

Have you heard anything about the BSG spin-off called Caprica?
    It's supposed to be set 50 years before BSG and will tell the story of the Cylons and whatnot.
    Sounds a bit T-3 to me but I'll reserve judgement til I lay my eyes upon it.

So say we all!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I saw half of the first episode of Jericoh, threw up all over it, and deleted the thing off of my hard drive. Really, I do not know how Jericoh turned out. If anybody thinks it to be so good that it is worth trudging through the nonsense of the first episode, than gravy I will check it out. Sometimes the pilots can be the crappiest.

They claimed last year they were going to do a prequel series, but still don't know what the deal is.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

What I know about BSG Prequel is what I posted above.
    Jericho IS worth sticking with, IMO, as it does kinda get going a few episodes in.
    Maybe not to everyone's tastes but if you like End Of The World stuff then you should dig it.
    (I make it a rule to never judge a series by the pilot as they rarely reflect the series as a whole.)

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I might end up checking out Jericho again because I have heard lots of good things, and it seems like a kewl idea. The first half of the pilot was just so gawdawful that I deleted all the other eps I had. I'll probably get to it eventually.

9. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Yeah, easy to see how that could happen. "nd episode onwards is when it gets going really...

10. orcot Valued Senior Member

So I've pretty much had the change to watch the series and I'm somewhat puzzeled ad the end of season 3.
    First of the cyclons seem to be divided in 2 groups on of 7 and one of 5, I assumed that 5 voted against the destruction of the colonies and 7 voted for, but now the seem to have some sort of devine status?

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

damned got to download these series. It's not on air in Belgium.
    BSG was one of my favorite shows though. But i'm just hope the series can live up to my expectations:bugeye: . I didn't like the second series (on earth).

Maybe they should make a 'New generation' Buck rogers to. Jet another fine series. damned the 80's rocked

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I liked the first season of the new BSG. I can't imagine on what basis anyone would compare it unfavorably to the original. The original series was to the new series what Adam West's Batman was to Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns." It's like preferring the Saul Zaentz animated 1978 Lord of the Rings to Peter Jackson's. It's like comparing Misfits of Science to Heroes and saying Heroes comes away lacking.

Just kidding...sort of. I suppose I'm not one to talk though, as Firefly left me saying, "meh."

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

They've aired season 1 on france 2 (dubbed) I believe some time ago And they will be airing it next sunday at 23h on kanaal 2 (the english subbed version)

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Yes i know, i saw the comercial yesterday, i hope it can live up to expectations.

I Hate dubbed shows so i wouldn't see it on France2 if it where the only station that aired it.

BTW how many seasons are there at this point?

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

3 season and 1 miniseries (they will proberly start with that one) at the moment I also believe that a 4th is on it's way yust as a spin of

16. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Ok i saw the pilot (part 1) sunday and i must admit it was fun to watch;

I liked the way they still used the mark2 viper. and the movement in space is more as it should be (zero gravity). Just wondering why StarBuck and Boomer are female. And Apollo has a brother who's dead instead of a sister that's alive. :bugeye:

Nice special effects. It's a shame that the Cylon Raiders are 1 droid though. It was nice when there where 3 centurions flying it.
    The museum part was nice, so you still can see some parts of the old series.

I like what i saw this far but

17. orcot Valued Senior Member

I've never seen the old series, anyway I liked the references that it proberly got Like the cylon picture from that guy at the station. And I like boomer with tits... I can't believe they would air something with her scenes in the 70-80's?
    Furthermore I especialy liked the scenes where they where in the viper museum. But it is somewhat weird that all those qualified personel would be stationed on a museum. They've could have simply made them visitors for the retirement and work out the background a bit longer all considring

18. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

BSG is an excellent show.
    Accept it for what it is: space opera.

p.s.: Jericho is definitely worth sticking with. I didn't expect much and it turned out to be quite good. Alas, the morons didn't renew it.

19. draqon Banned Banned

this thread is about how BattleStar Galactica, is the worst show of all times ever.

20. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Which is a matter of opinion.

And a poor one, in my opinion.

21. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, the thread is still correct in its assertion. This series was so terrible they didn't even have real Cylons!

22. draqon Banned Banned

I agree.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Which is a matter of opinion.

And a foolish one, in my opinion.