Battlestar Galactica: Worst Show On T.V.

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by darksidZz, Feb 20, 2007.

?

I think...

Poll closed Mar 12, 2007.
  1. You're right; It sucks

75.0%
  2. You're wrong; It's a brilliant rip off of screamers.

25.0%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Refer to this to learn more about Screamers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamers_(film)

There's no question this show is so terribly bad they couldn't even make the Cylon's robots, they had to use humans pretending to be machines, lmao. Did any of you actually watch the original series, because that kicked the shit out of this new incarnation. They did so many cool things, and the fights kicked ass, what the hell is with this dribble nonsense I'll never know. I feel like throwing up anytime I see a commercial for it!

I know dragon agrees with me, but who else does? You can't honestly say this series is good when Stargate, Star Trek, and Farscape make it seem like a joke. I'm going to go now before I shoot myself for talking about it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I Hate That Show

I mean the camera thing...were they like constantly zoom in and out...makes me dizzy.

their terrorist thing is pathetic.

and finally I just hate all the main heroes there, they are worse than the rebells or terrorists.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I don't know if you've actually watched the original show. Why don't you take a look at the 'fight' scenes from the original series. If I am not mistaken, there are 3-4 variations on the fight scenes. Literally. In other words, over all the episodes made, the same fight sequences were used (the viper flying in guns blazing, the cylon ship destroyed. My brother pointed it out to me, its fricken hilarious!

Ill admit, Farscape is one of the best sci-fi shows ever made.

But stargate? Come the *bleep* on man.... There isn't even a plot!! The entire series consisted of "new adventures" and the infamous but altogether mysterious "ancient alien technology" ("Like ZOMG!, it appears to be ANCIENT ALIEN TECHNOLOGY!!!"). And once they destroyed the main bad guy, there was a bigger fish in the sea.
    Don't get me wrong, the show has entertainment value. But its not a quality show... its just fun to watch because of the spaceships and scifi CGI.

And screamers? Whaaaat? Do you have any idea how many scifi stories have had 'humans' that were actually robots? Give me a break.... a break of that kit-kat bar! hahaha.
    There's hardly any parallel between the movie Screamers and BSG other than humanoid robots.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I say you guys are nuts. BSG, TOS, DS9, Lexx, and Sliders (until it got horrifically bad due to cast changes) are the best Sci Fi shows ever.

But then again, it's a matter of taste.

8. draqon Banned Banned

noone is nuts...we are all humans, on this little planet called Earth.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Well at least they air it where you are. I've never seen a episode

10. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

The new BSG is good.
    The old BSG had... "charm".

But the best series ever, IMO, were "Babylon 5" and "Firefly".

11. ScottMana Registered Senior Member

I love the special effects.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But the drama! I can't stand it! These people have nothing better to do then have personal issues and/or create them. They will never be a great... anything, because they keep fighting and questioning each other. No wounder the Cylons kick their @#$! And what is with all these stories of these great "Ancient" and "Progenitor" races? How about living up to a little greatness yourself?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  12. mindtrick Registered Senior Member

I recently started to watch it. I don't enjoy the show as much as I enjoy Lost or Heroes or Prison Break but I can't say it sucks either. I watch an episode and don't feel like watching another and another after it. Good show but not great.

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

The shaky camera effect kind of puts me off.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I love the shaky camera effect, and it's the best show on TV, easily.

15. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Lost is getting so off the wall ridicoulous that its hard to watch anymore.

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Lost is awesome.

17. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Please do. Use something with a large bore, and put the barrel in your mouth for fuck's sake. You want to sever the spinal column at the base of the skull.

I submit a write-in vote for You are just plain wrong, because - as usual - you are.

18. Geo D Registered Member

Bsg

I saw the mini series (or the very long first episode) and it was ok. I never watched the series there after.

I think people should leave well enough alone. The original series was great. I grew up with Battlestar Galactica and I enjoyed watching it again on Nickelodeon a few years back.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Usually, I would agree, but in this case, they have surpassed the excellence of the original.

20. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

I concur, spidergoat

21. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

I have to offer that BSG is quite possibly one of the best sci-fi shows ever made.
    There's no 'bumpy-headed aliens', no 'planet-of-the-week' eppisodes and no moralising (of the obvious nature of, say, Star Trek).

They DO rely heavilly on todays current events to draw plots from but so what? At least it keeps it fresh!

The sfx are nothing short of top class too.

Think yourselves lucky: here in England, the best homegrown sci-fi we get is either Doctor Who (shite) or Primeval (shiter).

So say we all!

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

So say we all!

23. draqon Banned Banned

its the worst ever made. the plots are so dramatic...like its some woman's drama show or something and the heroes...
    its the worst ever made in entire civilization of humankind.