Battlestar Galactica: Season Finale

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by superstring01, Mar 21, 2009.

1. superstring01 Moderator

Well, I'm 30 minutes into it and I'm totally stoked. And a little sad. The sight of 6 leading the allied Centurions onto the deck of Galactica was a beautiful thing to behold.

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Well, I liked the ending. A bit anti-climactic. But, at least, it was closed out neatly and surprisingly.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Reminded me of the ending of the movie "Out Of Africa", if anyone ever saw that. Exact same thing again. Not to bad though, I've never seen this series before, only a few bits and pieces of it from time to time. It was OK.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Eh.

It was goofy.

Whadda ya gonna do ?

:shrug:

8. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Since they jumped more than a million light years, that means they came from another galaxy and were never in the Milky Way in the first place.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I thought it was pretty good. I too am a little sad.

10. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I can't believe they were such dumbasses to give up their technology. Before they showed modern earth, I already told my wife that humans would advance again and they did.

11. superstring01 Moderator

I loved Baltar & Caprica at the end.

And, there is just enough of a cliffhanger to justify, say, something else in the future. What, with the Centurions going off on their own.

~String

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Didn't you see the coming attraction , it was called "The Plan". Where the Cylons are going to return to Earth.

13. EmeraldAxe Registered Senior Member

I may be wrong but I think that is a series from the POV of the cylons leading up to the war. I don't think that's meant to take place on second earth.

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I wondered how people so used to living with such technology could be expected to survive without it.

I mean - imagine a scenario where modern human society was forced to live without all the technological apparatus that makes it work.

I'd expect a 90% die-off before the few who knew how to live any other way managed to carry on - provided they weren't all killed at some point by the rest trying to steal the fruits of their labors.

Ok - I'll give you that.

Then again, Baltar was my favorite character.

Blow up humanity more or less in exchange for a cheap thrill ?
    Yeah, I'd probably do that.

Skulk off to the enemy fleet for a nebulous relationship with a couple of hot "sex machines" ?
    I'd be so there.

Serve as tin-plated dictator of the toaster-human pilot colony/prison planet/whatever ?
    Sho' 'nuff !

Stage comeback as maybe sorta kinda-redeemed kook-a-munga cult leader and chief shag priest ?
    Oh, yeah...

Agent of God ?

This guy IS God !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. superstring01 Moderator

"The Plan" is a two hour movie that tells the back-story as to the Cylon plan. It doesn't pursue what happens beyond the Colonials going to Earth.

~String

16. orcot Valued Senior Member

they ended in grace I loved it.
    Bravo

17. orcot Valued Senior Member

I sort off hoped that boomer would have hide herself on galactica and meeted up with the chief on his island with a open ending to it but hey, this way is more realistic

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So what ? The humans died ?

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

Well it's a 150 000 years later and they suggest that the daughter of helo and athena is the mitochondrial eve. So all of the original cast have been deceased. And what left has at least 1 hybrid human/cylon ancestor

Then again humans developed separately on this earth, so their are probably some other planets that have humans living on it.

20. superstring01 Moderator

I've been thinking. And I don't like what I've been thinking about.

First off: the first 60 minutes were some of the best sci-fi ever.

Second off: the last 60 minutes were just disappointing. The notion that the Colonials spoke English (read the different badges and whatnot) and used MOSTLY western names 149,250 years BEFORE most of them became common is beyond ridiculous.

Yes. It's a TV show. But REALLY? 150,000 years ago.

NUMEROUS Cylon basestars survived. Cylons are pretty smart. They'd find a way to reproduce. Centurions in a basestar went off on their way.

Though... as I said, I did find the idea of Baltar & Six living for 150,000 years to be pretty cool.

~String

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So the humans on BSG weren't actually humans ? How did they know about Earth ?

22. superstring01 Moderator

Also: The Earth looked totally like it does today. 150,000 years ago it would not. The image of Africa was wrong. The Sahara wasn't a desert at that point. The continents were slightly different.

~String

23. orcot Valued Senior Member

They named it earth Kara thrace made a lucky gues abouth the adres and dissapeared in thin air. Without resolving the harbinger of death mysterie or taking her goodbye of leobon.

The baltar and 6 that walk around on earth 150 000 years later are most probably those angels like balter called them. And not the actual balter and 6 (as they rememberd kobol before the fall).

I guess Kara thrace was something similar but could be seen and interact with the outisde world I hoped that mr anders would give some info but it was a cryptic see you at the other side, so you can tell that he knew she would die/dissapear or that he believed her to be death allready

As for the climate it was a ice age
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_glaciation