Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by superstring01, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

SPOILER:

So, they're at earth, and now what ? I think the next 10 eps, or 5 eps are going to be the same boring shit...

Ep 10 was good though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

well, theres still a cylon civil war to be worked out. and they have to give us some sort of closure as to the success or failure of the new settlement on earth.

either that or this is actually Terra.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

Untitled TV movie
    On August 7, 2008 Sci-Fi Channel officially announced the production of a two-hour TV movie which will air after the final episode of Season 4. Written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos, the movie will begin just prior to the Cylon attack in the miniseries and show the events from the perspective of two Cylon agents. Confirmed cast members include Olmos, Michael Trucco, Aaron Douglas and Dean Stockwell.

link

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Questions:

What did Gius say to Gaeda to make him try and kill him?

What are the hybrids on the Cylon ship? Are they humans?

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I think Gaeta just felt that Gias shouldn't live after signing that order.

They are humans created as a step between humans and machines.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But he said something specific. I wonder what it was.

Also, how did that women who killed Cally Tyrol get away with it? How did she make it look like a suicide? There was a key necessary to release the airlock. If she activated it from outside, wouldn't people know she was murdered? To look like a suicide, the airlock would need to be found with the outside door open, the inside door closed, and the key in the switch. How do you fake that?

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Crime against humanity, I think

It has to do with script revisions and the interim web-episodes. There is, somewhere in there, some sort of reference aside to a certain incident, but script revisions eventually pushed the event out of the spotlight.

The issue had to do with a massacre of Geminese, apparently part of the harsh law enforcement during the Cylon occupation of New Caprica. Baltar threatened to implicate Gaeta in that disgraceful episode, which so enraged him that he attempted to kill the former president.

I do apologize that I recite this without citation. It's somewhere in the Wiki, and was apparently explained in a podcast, but I cannot recall the specifics enough to locate it for you at this time.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That makes sense, some of the deleted scenes talk about other events that they left out. Thanks.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's the big deal about Hera? Tyrol's kid is also a Cylon/Human hybrid.

13. superstring01 Moderator

I doubt it qualifies. The "final five" have probably been with humans for a while, and thus breeding. In fact, I tend to think that the final five pass their consciousness down through their children (and thus have been with humans for millennia). The Cylon/Human hybrid is a curiosity in that it was the first time that the Cylon collective has ever witnessed a mingling of the two natures.

~String

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So no downloading if the baby suddenly dies ?

15. vslayer Registered Senior Member

it wouldnt have a body on the resurrection ship at any rate.

16. superstring01 Moderator

Who knows.

Let's face it, there are already several gaping holes in the storyline. That said, one could argue that they might have numerous kids from numerous redundent lines. Who knows.

Guess we'll find out in January.

~String

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Didn't they blow up the resurrection hub? All Cylons are mortal now (until they build another one).

18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Yeah.
    What happened to the other cylons, the ones that aren't allied with the humans ?

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

It's rather stupid that the destruction of a single ship could do them so much damage. One destoyed ship and suddenly they are mortal, it would have been far more grander if they would have attacked the cylon home world

20. superstring01 Moderator

I thought the same thing too. "What! They only built ONE ship!?!?!?!?" They don't have a planet? They don't have a "system" where all this shit is built? IT's all on one ship? Really? That seems a stretch.

But, I have to allow for it because of the needs of the story.

(an easy way to explain it would be to say that some stellar catastrophy happened in their home system [solar storm? nova?] that destroyed their civilization, leaving only this "small" mobile diaspora to wage war with humanity in order to gain a new home)

~String

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Gaeta was Baltar's assistant the whole time on New Caprica. It's not what Baltar said. It's the whole ordeal of what happened.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This is something that makes no sense. Wh would Hera be such a big deal being a hyberd child of one of the regular 7. Clearly, Tyrol's baby, I forgot his name, would be of greater importance being a hybird baby of one of the final 5.

23. orcot Valued Senior Member

Nuking the cylon home world would have raised a lot of deja vu and somehow it would fit with the 2de seasons episode where they use a bug to deactivete the raiders it would have been interesting to see how the cylong home world looked like. And it would have made the final scenes of earth far more ironic