Battlestar Galactica: Best Show on TV

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Prince_James, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Wow. He really DID gain a lot of weight. I concede the point!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Now I've said I thought it was real but Jamie & The Fat Man implies otherwise. The video didn't work for me so if someone checks it out could you give us a desrciption please

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I found the same video... it worked for me at that url. It opens a new window, so if you have pop-ups turned of that might be the reason it doesn't work.

It *is* make up. Now the question is why the storyline? Could it all be so Starbuck can make fun of him (you know she will in the next episode when she sees her best friend)?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Perhaps then the purpose of fat Apollo is so Starbuck spends a few episodes getting him back into shape...

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Yeah, really, IN A SHAPE! Nudge nudge, wink wink.

9. Jaster Mereel Hostis Humani Generis Registered Senior Member

I'm fairly certain that Apollo getting fat was clearly to illustrate his loss of edge. I'm pretty sure it was even stated, almost explicitly, by one of the characters. He'll lose the weight by the end of the season. Probably sooner.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

It was probably also related to the changes that have plagued all the members of Galactica and on New Caprica.

A year of softness followed by five months of planning for an escape from the Cylons can change a lot.

I don't think the second in command will ever be the same after what happened on New Caprica. He was a soul set adrift.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  11. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

When does the series Caprica start, by the way? Oh, I guess I could as well google it...

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Caprica is getting its own series?

13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Tonight's episode:

The president is a fool. The people need justice and the only justice potent enough is blood. Those who worked with the Cylons must pay for those crimes so that those who lost might put the past behind them and grow towards a new future.

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Whaddaya expect from a liberal ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think it was supposed to be an example of "sagacious wisdom" or whatnot which will either prove to be what cooler heads will realize in time was just what was needed, or merely a device by the writers to include some future plot twists where somebody's festering desire for vengance causes some controversy or crisis.

ps -
    That damned overweight business again...
    Adama - to Apollo: " Keep jumpin' "
    LoL

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

What are her chances of getting shot, I wonder?

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

My respect for her went way up when I thought she had issued the order, only to drop again afterwards. It was a good plan, take care of all the dirty laundry before the new administration. You'd think she would have learned her lesson after handing over the presidency to Baltar almost resulted in the extinction of the human species! Oh well, liberals never learn.

17. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Apparently so: BattlestarWiki: Caprica - set about half a century before the current series. Last I heard it was scheduled for fourth quarter 2007.

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Jenyar:

That sounds great!

Madanthonywayne:

I am surprised that Mr. Terrorist vice president isn't more up in arms about it.

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the spoiler warning. I did not read anything in this thread.
    I was talking to my friend the other day, and he mentions how much he loves this show. I read a summary, and was compelled to download the entire first season.

I pop into the scifi section to write about something. And here I see this show is considered the best. I cannot wait till my downloads arrive.

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Lixluke:

You'll love it.

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I saw a bunch of episodes of the first season.
    My favorite character is Tom Zarek.

HE'S MY HERO!!!!

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Seems like fatboy has gotten ripped again. Good work, Space Jenny Craig!

But an interesting aspect of tonight's episode was the exploration of the "Hybrids". It reminded me a lot of Dune Navigators, save of course that the Cylon so imersed did not undergo a physical transformation, so much as becoming a Cylon computer. It's also intriguing that the gel that these hybrids are encased in are similar to the ones they come out when they are being resurrected.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Why are the Cylons so obscessed with the human form? Is it really necesary for a human form cylon to control the ship? Couldn't the control consciousness be integrated into the ship itself?

Will they actually find earth? If this is taking place now, we'd be fucked if the humans arrived with the Cylons hot on their heels.

Perhaps a few years lead would allow us to integrate their technology into our military and build our own fleet of warships.

Could you imagine the scene, a group of what are apparently humans arrive telling us we're the "lost tribe" and we've got to get with the program or killer robots from space will wipe us out like they did the other twelve human planets!