Battlestar Galactica: Best Show on TV

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Prince_James, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

ps -

I'm tellin' ya, he's Jesus...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yeah, the prosecution sucked. Plus, we (the viewers) know a lot more than the court.
    Would you have given the nuke to the six that led to the fleet being detected? Give a nuke to a cylon on your own ship?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Good point...
    Then again, I got married, so I've done dumber.

Besides - I'd nuke my own mammy for a tumble with the sixxer...
    I jes' cain't he'p m'self.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What the frack?

What could be better than BSG? I like BSG, Heroes, and Doctor Who.

What's whith Starbuck? She said she went to Earth. How did she do it? How did she get back? How did she manage to teleport all over the place?

Is it really true? That Saul, Tory, Galen, and Samuel are cylons? Why did they go into that room? What was that song they were hearing? Where did it come from? What the frack?

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I got it wrong...
    Starbuck is Jesus.

Getteth Ye A Job, Ye Slacker...

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have no qualms about slaves in captivity robbing their captors blind. I would rather see any tax money I pay get robbed out of those assholes pockets.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I would assume that the vortex she crashed into was some sort of wormhole.

If you consider all the talk of her having a destiny and that destiny being tied into the vortex image and the vortex image being seen at the temple; it makes sense that the vortex was more than a way for her to commit suicide for no apparent reason.
    It seems hard to believe, especially in light of the fact that Saul fought in the original cylon wars which, one would assume, was before humanform cylons existed.

Perhaps the final five are humanform robots with a completely different origin than the others. An earlier origin that predates even the mechanical cylons. I don't know, but the writers have nine months to come up with something.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Uncle Balty". Going to have to remember that one.

12. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

BSG is 'ok'. It's not big and it's not clever, but it is very entertaining and I won't miss an episode.

Gaius Balter is the man. He's too cool.

Babylon 5... now there's a TV series.

13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

MadAnthonyWayne:

Cylons have been around for a few thousand years, no? I imagine then that the human overcaste of the Cylons was probably there.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

If it is indeed true that they are cylons, those memories were implanted. Sauls entire life was a sham. But there were only 4. Who is the 5th? It has to be somebody that Xena knows because she recognized the vision. Make a list of everybody Xena knows, and would be concerned about.

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Ron Moore said the 4 at the end of the season definately are Cylons, that only leaves 1 more Cylon model to be officially named.

Remember when Dianna saw the final five and apologized to one of them? I'm guessing that one was Anders, since she really screwed with him in Downloaded.

As for Starbuck, well in the original BSG there were 3 races. Humans, Cylons and the Beings of Light. I guess in this series the Beings of Light are the Lords of Kobol, and I'd guess they're responsible for the whole Starbuck incident.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What the frack do you mean end of the season? You mean it is over? We have to wait for season 4?
    I don't think that that Cylon Dianna was looking at was Sam. She doesn't give a frack about Sam. It was somebody that really caught her attention. It is a surprise. The 4 were shown to us, and the 5th that has yet to be revealed is the one she saw. I think they made that pretty obvious. Either way, I might be a little PO if I have to wait for the next season just to watch the next episode.

17. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I can't believe they DARED to make Tory a Cylon. She's new to the show, nothing special about her.

They should have made that one a face we've not seen before.

I hope none of that four are Cylons.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I don't see a big deal about Tory being a cylon. What are you talking?
    What is wrong with making her a Cylon?

19. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

One of the important things with fantasy is maintaining the illusion.

Tory is a recent addition to the show. Furthermore, she's relatively unimportant.

It feels to me like they just picked her 'cos they couldn't think of anyone else to 'make' a cylon. That spoils things for me a little.

20. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

It was supposed to be Billy. I think his death was due to contract issues, or personal issues. He was always going to be a Cylon. The number 2's are Cylons, unknowingly programmed to guide the number 1's. Billy with the president, and the old man with the Admiral.

The only thing that confuses me is that Cylons should all be paired with non-Cylons, to bring about the future race. But Starbuck and her man are both Cylons, which doesn't jibe. That only makes sense if Starbuck and Apollo are going to end up together, and their exes end up together... which could be the reason this seeming contradiction exists.

Everyone remember the 30-minute episode? Starbuck and Billy were always the least tired. The Chief was always there as well, pushing people ahead. And that explains another relationship that couldn't happen, with two Cylons.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

His entire life can't be a sham. I'm pretty sure he served with Adama all the way back to the first cylon war.

And couldn't Xena have been apologizing to Saul? Maybe she's the one who plucked his eye out!

22. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

She could also have been talking to Starbuck for what they did to her during captivity. Every model must have known about her treatment.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think swivel has a point about Billy being a cylon. The reason the actor who played Billy left the show was because he thought he could move on to better things. He ended up faling miserably, and regretting ever leaving BSG. All 4 characters were probably chosen to be cylons early on. However, the only way they could have stuck to Billy being the cylon after he already left BSG was if he came back. Apparently, he never came back. Tory ended up being his understudy cylon.