Bashing republican\democrats thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 24, 2003.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Madgreenwood, Kerry did two tours of duty, one on a ship near Vietnam, volunteered for another in country, saved his buddie's life, earned a silver star, bronze star, and three purple hearts, so stop lying, please. What was your candidate doing at the time? a beer bong?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Let's see this experiment:
    ok, its not good soap opera, but its a start

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

tiassaism:
    So, the 'game' is about not even considering alternative points of view because that would automatically devalue your own invested points of view -- because your's are such absolutely, right-on points of view that surely they should be the only points of view available for universal consideration -- without the need for further discussion, and possibly belief-changing reflections from others who might possibly possess even just a very few different, suprisingly useful perspectives that could benefit your clan?

Inbreeding begets inbreeder mentality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nbachris2788 Registered Senior Member

You mean like old money and nouveau riche?

John Kerry by himself is wealthy, but not THAT wealthy. When he was growing up, he wasn't as wealthy as he was privileged. Bush has about 15 million dollars of his own money, which he made from his sale of the Texas Rangers. Cheney has about 50 million, and Edwards has about 40 million. Kerry, without his wife's fortune, is the poor kid on the block.

And anybody who served on a swift boat in Vietnam did more than enough. It's the most dangerous job there is. "Only" served four months? I wouldn't bring that up, compared to a man who spent 0 years, 0 months, 0 weeks, 0 days, and 0 minutes in Vietnam.

8. Pangloss More 'pop' than a Google IPO! Registered Senior Member

That's been my feeling as well. He served, that's really all I need to know. I don't really have a problem with a swift-boat vet saying what he feels, but this organized campaign really needs to stop. I also think it needs a stronger condemnation from the White House.

The darn thing just has legs, though. Go figure.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

That's how I read it according to Matthew Dowd, a senior strategist for Bush/Cheney. And hey, that seems to be the game the Bush administration has chosen to play so far.

Case in point: the GOP.

You'll notice they're painfully aware of the need for new blood. Powell's decision to not attend the convention is rather unfortunate for them in this regard.

10. Pangloss More 'pop' than a Google IPO! Registered Senior Member

On the other hand, this Washington Times editorial seems to have some valid points:

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040809-090612-9480r.htm

Nixon certainly wasn't in office yet at Christmas 1968. I guess that might be an understandable mistake in hindsight, but he's actually pinning something on Nixon there and Johnson didn't send troops to Cambodia -- he's too early. So it does seem like something's not right there.

Still, it's something he said 25 years ago, and at the time it was about something that happened eleven years before. To me it just reads like something he said without careful enough deliberation, to make a point about Vietnam. While it might be erroneous, it's hardly criminal, and I'm not even sure it reaches the level of a serious problem.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Source: Washington Post
    Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html
    Title: "Records Counter A Critic of Kerry's"
    Date: August 19, 2004

So ... Larry Thurlow is so sure of his story that he's willing to doubt the merit of his own award or anybody else's in the history of that war, or perhaps even the history of the armed services in the United States?

On more than a few occasions, I have referred to a certain degree of disbelief which I assert has worked to the Bush administration's credit: what has happened that has upset people over the last three and a half years would have been unimaginable and damn near treasonous (in a "Love it or leave it!" context) to suggest that a president could say some of the things that Bush has said, and do some of the things Bush has done.

I have to admit, in that age before the New Cynicism, holding your position at that cost would be damn near convincing. These days, it's not much. Everything else is for sale; the ad was the sort of thing we've come to expect from the 2000 primary and the 2002 general election; this is a longstanding grudge now staked against the highest office in the land; heck, we spent $40m on a blowjob; have gone to war because God said so .... Compared to the Rove School, yes, it's possible that stopping Kerry is so important to Thurlow that he will cast doubt on himself and every one of his fellow servicemen fighting in Vietnam.

It's an interesting, but nearly expected twist. If not expected, at least it's not outright surprising.

• Dobbs, Michael. "Records Counter A Critic Of Kerry." Washington Post, August 19, 2004; page A01. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13267-2004Aug18.html

12. kasi Banned Banned

13. Undecided Banned Banned

You mean like old money and nouveau riche?

Well yes, wealth has two connotations really one is the established wealth which is characteristic of New England. They have the historic and material wealth that not even Bush could ever really have. Bush is part of a wealth that is indeed nouveau riche, in the sense that these people aren’t classy they are just wealthy and don’t know how to be classy. They are basically like trailer park trash who has money, at least that the perception of nouveau riche.

14. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Bush wants to be percieved as a president who has "Power" and he wants the control that goes along with it. Unfortuantely, this president whose motives (WMD) for going to war in Iraq "misled" the american people and we know now were not honest motives, but instead "self serving". If Bush is re-elected, we can expect more of the same (Iran's next on his invasion list). It's too bad that senator John MaCain, a much respected vietnam vet ex-prisoner of war has decided to support the Bush campagn for re-election.

Yob Atta

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Uh, Bush is part of the same New England Elite as Kerry. He isn't just a regular guy from Texas.

16. Undecided Banned Banned

I know Bush was born in NE, but his families wealth is not from that area.

17. 8hatecrime8 Registered Member

Vote bush!

I love all mighty George W. Bush! He will help the USA! So vote for me.. I mean Bush, hehehe.

18. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Inbred the GOP may be, but so, too, are the Dems -- who can't bring themselves to direct the expressions of their hyperactive, skepticism genes toward one of their own inbred lineage.

Circus circus.

And people wonder why someone might not take you all as seriously as you command.

19. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Bush as a president is a Joke! If you vote for Bush for re-election then america is asking for big big trouble ahead. If you thought the last four years we're bad, if Bush get's re-elected then you haven't seen anything yet...........

Yob Atta

20. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Bush as a president is a joke!

Yob Atta

21. cckieran HighSchool Phys/Chem student Registered Senior Member

Vote for Bush! Then he'll be in the media, so we can watch the next time he chokes on a pretzel!

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why vote at all, they both are asholes!

23. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Vote Badnarik.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!