Bashing republican\democrats thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 24, 2003.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Well let's see:

First, we aren't "taking over". We're toppling a government and trying to give the people the choice that they haven't had for however many years he ruled.

- so you're IMO, you're talking from propaganda.

Second, what evidence shows we're trying to "supplant their culture". What we're trying to do as far as I can tell, is set up a government to allow them to have whatever kind of culture they want. Would you say they 'wanted' what they had under Sadaam or were they 'forced to endure it'?

- sounds like you're still working from propaganda.

The idea that we're trying to "supplant their belief system" is as far as I've seen "utterly unsupportable". Has anyone said "you can't be muslims!"? Seriously? What a crock.

- so three false claims add up to one completely false load.

No?

Saying "go insurgency go" is simply treasonous. That you would wish death upon our soldiers is simply fucking brutal. Did you know that our mission isn't to kill Iraqi citizens, but to protect them? Anywhere in the world, if you shoot at the cops, they shoot back. They also canvas the neighborhoods when there are criminals with rocket launchers? Oh, is that "forcing our culture on them"? Wouldn't want to give the peaceful folks a chance to survive eh? Most US soldiers in Iraq are simply people with guns who intend to protect the peaceful people of Iraq while we help them get on their feet. The intention is that later, Iraq will support itself and be a peaceful, strong nation - perhaps even an ally.

Go insurgency? That's disgusting.

Lastly, if you believe that it's right for the insurgents to be "nationalists", then aren't you a hypocrite? Don't you think "nationalism sucks"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Did you know that our mission isn't to kill Iraqi citizens, but to protect them?

That message just don't seem to be getting through Wes

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1338749,00.html

Perhaps you need a better PR agency.
    Dee Cee

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

My Favourite George Bush Quote Of 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."
    May 25, 2004.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

Best Quote ever Was in 2000 when a comedy show called "This Hour has 22 minutes" had a special called "Talking to Americans" in which they ask Americans questions and have them reply to issues that do not exist.

After a presidental speech, a Canadian said to Bush as he was rushing past "Prime Minister Poutine supports your election" (or something like that) and Bush simpley said "Thank You"

For thoes of you who don't know Poutine is Fries, Gravy And Cheese.

Too funny!

But even on shows like "The tonight show" and "Jimmy Kimmle Live", they have been constantly showing clips of Bush saying stupid, stupid things, during presidential candidates speeches. There really is just too many to quote for 2004.

8. vslayer Registered Senior Member

why do you think he has all those suits following him round: to scoop up his verbal diorrhea.

he is an illiterate dumbass, i dont soo how he even got to be a senator

9. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Bush was quoted as saying to a group of black republicans earlier this year 'I Want To Be your Peace President' or something like it..........He's an Idiot!

Atta Boy

10. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

He was a Senator?

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Yeah, a rag like the gaurdian! That's a great source!

Got anything else?

Regardless, if it's true that's incredibly sad but doesn't change what I said.

Have you noticed that the insurgents generally target iraqis?

12. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Got anything else?

Yup.
    I won't cross post, it's over here

Regardless, if it's true that's incredibly sad but doesn't change what I said.

Granted. I'd just read about it when I came across your post.

Have you noticed that the insurgents generally target iraqis?
    There are a lot of different insurgents and yes some of them do.
    I guess it's just easier to kill Iraqis.

Regards.
    Dee Cee

13. nbachris2788 Registered Senior Member

Great job "protecting" 100 000 of them.

14. nbachris2788 Registered Senior Member

To give Bush some credit, there IS a world leader with the name similar to "poutine".

15. nbachris2788 Registered Senior Member

To give Bush some credit, there IS a world leader with the name similar to "poutine". And he was never a senator.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yay! Let's let's let Bush make fun of himself:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dumb Bush Quotes:
    (a few of them, anyway)

Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement - retiring - in the process of retiring, meaning they're very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring.
    - George W. Bush, Alexandria, Va., Feb. 12, 2003

[The Space Shuttle] Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America.
    - George W. Bush, Bethesda, Md., Feb. 3, 2003

And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2003

The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself.
    - George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and persecuted as a war criminal.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 22, 2003

One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

The goals for this country are peace in the world. And the goals for this country are a compassionate American for every single citizen. That compassion is found in the hearts and souls of the American citizens.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2002

I think the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me - I hope the American people trust me.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002.

In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family.
    - George W. Bush, on smallpox vaccinations, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002

The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 27, 2002

I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one.
    - George W. Bush, campaigning for Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 4, 2002

These people don't have tanks. They don't have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out.
    - George W. Bush, speaking about terrorists, Portsmouth, N.H., Nov. 1, 2002

I need to be able to move the right people to the right place at the right time to protect you, and I'm not going to accept a lousy bill out of the United Nations Senate.
    - George W. Bush, South Bend, Ind., Oct. 31, 2002

John Thune has got a common-sense vision for good forest policy. I look forward to working with him in the United Nations Senate to preserve these national heritages.
    - George W. Bush, Aberdeen, S.D., Oct. 31, 2002

Any time we've got any kind of inkling that somebody is thinking about doing something to an American and something to our homeland, you've just got to know we're moving on it, to protect the United Nations Constitution, and at the same time, we're protecting you.
    - George W. Bush, Aberdeen, S.D., Oct. 31, 2002

I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will.
    - George W. Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002

Let me tell you my thoughts about tax relief. When your economy is kind of ooching along, it's important to let people have more of their own money.
    - George W. Bush, Boston, Oct. 4, 2002

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.
    - George W. Bush, Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

You see, the Senate wants to take away some of the powers of the administrative branch.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.
    - George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

See, we love - we love freedom. That's what they didn't understand. They hate things; we love things. They act out of hatred; we don't seek revenge, we seek justice out of love.
    - George W. Bush, Oklahoma City, Aug. 29, 2002

There's no cave deep enough for America, or dark enough to hide.
    - George W. Bush, Oklahoma City, Aug. 29, 2002

President Musharraf, he's still tight with us on the war against terror, and that's what I appreciate. He's a - he understands that we've got to keep Al Qaeda on the run, and that by keeping him on the run, it's more likely we will bring him to justice.
    - George W. Bush, Ruch, Ore., Aug. 22, 2002

I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man. Nothing he [Saddam Hussein] has done has convinced me - I'm confident the Secretary of Defense - that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction, is willing to be a peaceful neighbor, that is - will honor the people - the Iraqi people of all stripes, will - values human life. He hasn't convinced me, nor has he convinced my administration.
    - George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 21, 2002

I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America - we can feed ourselves.
    - George W. Bush, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002

The federal government and the state government must not fear programs who change lives, but must welcome those faith-based programs for the embetterment of mankind.
    - George W. Bush, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002

I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.
    - George W. Bush, speaking at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

Tommy (Thompson) is a good listener, and he's a pretty good actor, too.
    - George W. Bush, confusing his Health and Human Services secretary with Sen. Fred Thompson, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again.
    - George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

The trial lawyers are very politically powerful. … But here in Texas we took them on and got some good medical
    - medical malpractice.

I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society.

I love the idea of a school in which people come to get educated and stay in the state in which they're educated.
    - George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Aug. 14, 2002

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur.
    - George W. Bush, discussing the decline of the French economy with British Prime Minister Tony Blair

There was no malfeance involved. This was an honest disagreement about accounting procedures. ... There was no malfeance, no attempt to hide anything.
    - George W. Bush, White House press conference, Washington, D.C., July 8, 2002

I also understand how tender the free enterprise system can be.
    - George W. Bush, White House press conference, Washington, D.C., July 8, 2002

Over 75 percent of white Americans own their home, and less than 50 percent of Hispanos and African Americans don't own their home. And that's a gap, that's a homeownership gap. And we've got to do something about it.
    - George W. Bush, Cleveland, Ohio, July 1, 2002

Do you have blacks, too?
    - George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso

I'd rather have them sacrificing on behalf of our nation than, you know, endless hours of testimony on congressional hill.
    - George W. Bush, Fort Meade, Maryland, June 4, 2002

We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator.
    - George W. Bush, to community and religious leaders in Moscow, May 24, 2002

We're working with Chancellor Schröder on what's called 10-plus-10-over-10: $10 billion from the U.S.,$10 billion from other members of the G7 over a 10-year period, to help Russia securitize the dismantling - the dismantled nuclear warheads.
    - George W. Bush, Berlin, Germany, May 23, 2002

After all, a week ago, there were - Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2002

The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society.
    - George W. Bush, May 1, 2002

This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.
    - George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of 'Hop on Pop.'
    - George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.
    - George W. Bush

We've tripled the amount of money - I believe it's from $50 million up to $195 million available.
    - George W. Bush, Lima, Peru, March 23, 2002

We've got pockets of persistent poverty in our society, which I refuse to declare defeat - I mean, I refuse to allow them to continue on. And so one of the things that we're trying to do is to encourage a faith-based initiative to spread its wings all across America, to be able to capture this great compassionate spirit.
    - George W. Bush, O'Fallon, Mo., Mar. 18, 2002

I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific.
    - George W. Bush, who apparently forgot about a little something called World War II, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

He [Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi] said I want to make it very clear to you exactly what I intend to do and he talked about non-performing loans, the devaluation issue and regulatory reform and he placed equal emphasis on all three.
    - George W. Bush, who had meant to say the deflation issue rather than the devaluation issue, and accidentally sent the Japanese Yen tumbling, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.
    - George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

The folks who conducted to act on our country on September 11th made a big mistake. They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom. They misunderestimated the fact that we love a neighbor in need. They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the Commander-in-Chief, too.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2001

One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone.
    - George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And - but first things first. The - these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework - the groundwork - not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the-all right.
    - George W. Bush, referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001

My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the - in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen.
    - George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug, 13, 2001

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.
    - George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

You saw the president yesterday. I thought he was very forward-leaning, as they say in diplomatic nuanced circles.
    - Goerge W. Bush, referring to his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, July 23, 2001

I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right.
    - George W. Bush, in Rome, July 22, 2001

It is white.
    - George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I - it's - I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values.
    - George W. Bush, visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001

I want to thank you for coming to the White House to give me an opportunity to urge you to work with these five senators and three congressmen, to work hard to get this trade promotion authority moving. The power that be, well most of the power that be, sits right here.
    - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 18, 2001

We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.
    - George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001

I haven't had a chance to talk, but I'm confident we'll get a bill that I can live with if we don't.
    - George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

Can't living with the bill means it won't become law.
    - George W. Bush, referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights, June 13, 2001

Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious - I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well.
    - George W. Bush, June 4, 2001

It's important for young men and women who look at the Nebraska champs to understand that quality of life is more than just blocking shots.
    - George W. Bush, in remarks to the University of Nebraska women's volleyball team, the 2001 national champions, May 31, 2001

So on behalf of a well-oiled unit of people who came together to serve something greater than themselves, congratulations.
    - George W. Bush, in remarks to the University of Nebraska women's volleyball team, the 2001 national champions, May 31, 2001

If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all.
    - George W. Bush, May 22, 2001

For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.
    - George W. Bush, May 14

There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead.
    - George W. Bush, May 11, 2001

But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe.
    - George W. Bush, May 1, 2001

First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country.
    - George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April 24, 2001

It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce.
    - George W. Bush, at the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City, April 21, 2001

Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.
    -George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

It is time to set aside the old partisan bickering and finger-pointing and name-calling that comes from freeing parents to make different choices for their children.
    - George W. Bush, on parental empowerment in education, April 12, 2001

I think we're making progress. We understand where the power of this country lay. It lays in the hearts and souls of Americans. It must lay in our pocketbooks. It lays in the willingness for people to work hard. But as importantly, it lays in the fact that we've got citizens from all walks of life, all political parties, that are willing to say, I want to love my neighbor. I want to make somebody's life just a little bit better.
    - George W. Bush, April 11, 2001

This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end.
    - George W. Bush, April 10, 2001

It would be helpful if we opened up ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). I think it's a mistake not to. And I would urge you all to travel up there and take a look at it, and you can make the determination as to how beautiful that country is.
    - George W. Bush, at a White House Press conference, March 29, 2001

I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically.
    - George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

A lot of times in the rhetoric, people forget the facts. And the facts are that thousands of small businesses - Hispanically owned or otherwise - pay taxes at the highest marginal rate.
    - George W. Bush, speaking to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, March 19, 2001

But the true threats to stability and peace are these nations that are not very transparent, that hide behind the-that don't let people in to take a look and see what they're up to. They're very kind of authoritarian regimes. The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves; the Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses; the South Koreans.
    - George W. Bush, in a media roundtable discussion, March 13, 2001

I do think we need for a troop to be able to house his family. That's an important part of building morale in the military.
    - George W. Bush, speaking at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida, March 12, 2001

I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? … How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address-state of the budget address, whatever you call it.
    - George W. Bush, in an interview with the Washington Post, March 9, 2001

Ann and I will carry out this equivocal message to the world: Markets must be open.
    - George W. Bush, at the swearing-in ceremony for Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman, March 2, 2001

My pan plays down an unprecedented amount of our national debt.
    - George W. Bush, in his budget address to Congress, Feb. 27, 2001

I have said that the sanction regime is like Swiss cheese - that meant that they weren't very effective.
    - George W. Bush, during a White House press conference, Feb. 22, 2001

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''
    - George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

It's good to see so many friends here in the Rose Garden. This is our first event in this beautiful spot, and it's appropriate we talk about policy that will affect people's lives in a positive way in such a beautiful, beautiful part of our national - really, our national park system, my guess is you would want to call it.
    - George W. Bush, Feb. 8, 2001

We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it.
    - George W. Bush, Feb. 7, 2001

There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it.
    - George W. Bush, speaking to Catholic leaders at the White House, Jan. 31, 2001

I appreciate that question because I, in the state of Texas, had heard a lot of discussion about a faith-based initiative eroding the important bridge between church and state.
    - George W. Bush, speaking to reporters, Jan. 29, 2001

Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to - I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that.
    - George W. Bush, in a pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report

Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.
    - George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure.

The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants.

If he's - the inference is that somehow he thinks slavery is a - is a noble institution I would - I would strongly reject that assumption - that John Ashcroft is a open-minded, inclusive person.

She's just trying to make sure Anthony gets a good meal - Antonio.
    - George W. Bush, on Laura Bush inviting Justice Antonin Scalia to dinner at the White House, Jan. 2001

I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country. -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

It'll be hard to articulate.
    - George W. Bush, anticipating how he'll feel upon assuming the presidency, Jan. 2001

I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified.
    - George W. Bush, commenting on Linda Chavez, Jan. 2001

Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.
    - George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them.

I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel Martinez from the state of Florida.

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I'm the dictator.
    - George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

The great thing about America is everybody should vote.
    - George W. Bush

As far as the legal hassling and wrangling and posturing in Florida, I would suggest you talk to our team in Florida led by Jim Baker.
    - George W. Bush

The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.
    - George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

They misunderestimated me.

One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
    - George W. Bush

They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program.
    - George W. Bush

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
    - George W. Bush

If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it.
    - George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate

The idea of putting subliminal messages into ads is ridiculous.
    - George W. Bush

One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected. -George W. Bush

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.
    - George W. Bush

We ought to make the pie higher.
    - George W. Bush

Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president.
    - George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 2000

The woman who knew that I had dyslexia - I never interviewed her.
    - George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia

Laura and I are proud to call John and Michelle Engler our friends. I know you're proud to call him governor. What a good man the Englers are.

Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness.
    - George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 2000

We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.''
    - George W. Bush

I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read - I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do.
    - George W. Bush, on MSNBC's Hardball

The fact that he relies on facts - says things that are not factual - are going to undermine his campaign.
    - George W. Bush on Al Gore

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.
    - George W. Bush

This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve.
    - George W. Bush, speaking during Perseverance Month at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire

The senator has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road.
    - George W. Bush, on Sen. John McCain

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.
    - George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

I don't want to win? If that were the case, why the heck am I on the bus sixteen hours a day, shaking thousands of hands, giving hundreds of speeches, getting pillared in the press and cartoons and still staying on message to win?
    - George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case.
    - George W. Bush

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.
    - George W. Bush

Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?
    - George W. Bush

If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign.
    - George W. Bush

Actually, I - this may sound a little West Texas to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about - when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me.
    - George W. Bush

I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California.
    - George W. Bush

It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then.
    - George W. Bush, reflecting in 1994 about growing up in Midland, Texas

17. cybercom Your face will crack. Registered Senior Member

Thats hysterical!!

18. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.
    - George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!

19. extrasense Registered Senior Member

20. Yuriy Registered Senior Member

I read. One more proof: America is amazing mixture - there are no boundaries for human stupidity and wisdom... What i read belongs to the first one...

21. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Ho hum, how pointless. Lets see, theres a bit where it says:

"Jerome Corsi, a specialist on the Vietnam era, told WND the new discoveries are the "most remarkable documents I've seen in the entire history of the antiwar movement."

"We're not going to say he's an agent for Vietnamese communists, but it's the next thing to it," he said. "Whether he was consciously carrying out their direction or naively doing what they wanted, it amounted to the same thing – he advanced their cause." "

And later that gets twisted to:
    "Corsi says the documents show how the North Vietnamese, the Viet Cong, the People's Coalition for Peace and Justice, the Communist Party of the USA and Kerry's VVAW worked closely together to achieve the Vietnamese communists' primary objective – the defeat of the U.S. in Vietnam"

So, from he had common aims gets changed to he was one of them and working against us. Now, has any independent entity seen these papers?

As for the second document, if all they can say is
    "Significantly, the fifth paragraph makes it clear the Vietnamese communists were using, for propaganda purposes, a protest described as taking place April 19-22, 1971."
    then, surely thats no worse than US propaganda using whatever pictures of vietnamese getting food aid to claim things are going well in vietnam. And it certainly doenst mean Kerry is an enemy agent.

Besides, whats any more unamerican about him than Bush? Theyre both rich, inherited money, and are politicians. Is that all that Americans aspire to?

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Report: Bush campaign staffer allegedly threatened teen's life
    Bush camp preaching to choir, has no use for Democrats or the undecided

The press has, since the Democratic convention, picked a bone with the Bush administration regarding the attendance and nature of Bush/Cheney campaign events. News footage of arrests, tales of rude and menacing behavior, hand-picked crowds, and loyalty oaths seem to define the character of the GOP's presidential re-election bid. Mimicking the Bush administration's contempt for its constituents, the Bush/Cheney campaign has shown utter disdain for the voters. Apparently Bush--who compared undecided voters to insects--just doesn't see the need to sell his message outside the conservative base. No, rather, while the conservative side of the aisle rails against a media perceived as favoring liberalism, the Bush campaign would rather leave it to the media to tell the voters what Bush is saying. And no, that's not hyperbole.

From the grapevine, out from Iowa:

You heard it from the Bush campaign: there's only so much room, and they'd rather preach to the choir.

And conceding such things can tend to make a person grumpy. So as the Bush campaign concedes that it is not prepared to pitch directly to voters not committed to a Bush victory, we might imagine they could become just a little bit testy about it:

As a side note, perhaps the escalated hyperbole of the Bush campaign has desensitized part of their natural instincts: "To the best of my knowledge . . . ." Was there ever a time in history when people didn't doubt the validity of what came after a phrase like, "To the best of my knowledge"?

The President recently told USA Today's Judy Keen, "This campaign boils down to a matter of trust: Who has earned the trust of the American people?"

Once again, failing in his quest to be a uniter and not a divider, Bush has divided the country with his campaign: there are those who already agree with him, and those who aren't worth giving a sh@t about.

Why should any undecided voter or potential Democratic crossover trust George W. Bush? He doesn't trust them enough to speak directly to them, but only to hope the media he so despises presents his message clearly for him.

Notes:
    Campbell, Lynn. "Campaign event security spurs arrests, removals". Des Moines Register, October 16, 2004.

Keen, Judy. "Leadership proven during 'tough times'". USA Today, October 28, 2004. See http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-10-28-bush-interview_x.htm

23. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Liberal Dictionary

I did not write this but I think many of the points are right on the money for many liberals.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0qiwd/ldict.htm

I posted the Liberal Dictionary to add some humor into the debate. Humor always has a ring of truth to be funny. I think this thread could be used to discuss buzz words and euphemisms on both sides. liberals should add their own words to describe their view of conservatives, and other conservatives can add their own to the list. It could be fun.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005