Ban Proud Muslim?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rappaccini, May 17, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Muslim?

Poll closed May 31, 2004.
  1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filter Registered Member

Anybody else recognise this line from preschool? LOL. You can do what you want; its more what you ought to do that is important. :bugeye:

Sheesh.

f

p.s. Hello again Lou. Long time no see mate. Still spouting your kerazee shit?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wazdakka Registered Member

Don't Ban the muslim, jeezuz. I mean do we talk about birds in here? Thats fucked up, The day i see this, is the day cows can fly.

b.s

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

from the rules:

I counted at least one offender: Wasdakka. I didn't check the rest. How real is the poll at the moment or did it turn into a 'get a friend to register and vote for you' competition?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I noticed a few people (Slotty) who voted against banning PM, and slotty has under 10 votes. I believe that it should be raised to 250, or even 500 posts to vote. And filter has 16 posts. How can someone be objective about this whole thing if they've only been for a few days and barely participate in anything?

8. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

This poll is only been done because of racism towards this particular posters Arab origins .

Im with you .

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I didn't know arabs were a race.

edit: oh and I remind again the moderators to not count my vote.
    I was bored to death and had nothing better to do when I voted.
    I think that PM should stay. He's harmless

10. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

The term Arab nations was coined by Saddam Hussein in order to unite all who would be consicered Arabs to support him. Just like Jews were again considered as a single nation because of Hitler (this part I'm not sure of, but they thought of themselves as parts of nations with which they lived up until this point).

11. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

It's an online forum.
    PM may be an extremist with a distorted perception of reality but that's no excuse to shut him down.
    Not planning on quitting till you get him banned?

12. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

coffee,i have been visiting this site for about a year,i am a registered user,and i belive this allows me to take part in all areas of this forum.how would you feel if the same was said to you ,that you are irrelevant just by the the number of posts you make.remember,you started here with zip posts once!i find sciforums one of the best sites on the net,so allow me to be myself here,if i wish to post i will.if i don`t i won`t .

13. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

just to make it to ten posts....!!

14. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

I havnt been here long enough so no voting for me but ....

i cant help but feel that a lot of you would be much more bored if PM wasnt around whether you get wound up or not.
    Ive seen boards remove supposed trouble makers before and those boards end up becoming a bit boring to be honest. I think you would enjoy the discussion so much more if they did not degenerate into personal attacks.
    I am sure PM would be happy to discuss all angles and opinions peacefully if they do not contain hatred and bigotry.
    Just my observation.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

what's funny is that some morons associate the desire to ban him with the fact that he is muslim. LOL. as if that has shit to do with that.

i don't see people rallying to ban the other muslims on the board. perhaps it's that he's obnoxious, annoying, stupid and entirely free of logical thought?

his only saving grace is that he's occasionally charming (a smidge at least).

i say it isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion.

seems to me though, that extremists in any part of life tend to do exactly what PM does, all the time. they latch onto their cause so much that if you insult them, it must be because of their cause, and not just that they're an asshat to begin with.

maybe even, and this is gonna sound crazy... maybe even it's that they latch onto their belief so hard because they're an asshat. there's no defense for being a piece of shit like that, so they use their adopted cause to weild off attacks, stating that the attacker (or defender, depending on how you look at it) is simply "a hater" of their cause, when in fact, their cause has shit to do with anything excepting of how they make that cause look bad.

goddamn i hate those people.

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  16. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Anti-asshat-ist!

I voted that PM should be banned because I believe that he is contributing to the heat-death of sciforums.

"Yeah, that's entropy, man." - Flanders

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

goddamn wesmorris...

I like that post.

18. Hathor Banned Banned

wesmorris

what's funny is that some morons associate the desire to ban him with the fact that he is muslim. LOL. as if that has shit to do with that.

do you claim to be aware of the pro ban individual's motivations and desires? if so, how? all i see is an individual propounding his point of view. the points could be refuted. case then would be closed. attempting to ban as a result of these views implies an agenda which could include as a reason, his religion and race.

i think it would be prudent not to divine another's motivation. of course perhaps you are psychic. perhaps again you could simply be a racist white pig dying to put the sandniggers in their place

i don't see people rallying to ban the other muslims on the board. perhaps it's that he's obnoxious, annoying, stupid and entirely free of logical thought?

do the other muslims make similar political statements? are they involved activists as proud muslim appears to be? if so, who?

seems to me though, that extremists in any part of life tend to do exactly what PM does, all the time. they latch onto their cause so much that if you insult them, it must be because of their cause, and not just that they're an asshat to begin with.

i understand and agree with this. it is know as the politics of victimhood and the adoption of this as a political strategy is ultimately self defeating. there are short term rewards though. what is exploited in this system are feelings of guilt, shame and political correctness.

when proud muslim expects a condemnation from the respondants to his "kill al muslims" thread, all he is doing is settling for empty rhetoric.

this is the same thing that was offered to him by his leaders when they use anti west slogans in order to placate and distract the masses from their injustices and abuses. it is how dictators stay in power.

this is what they are used to. arabs are complete and utter sheep. i recommend to proud muslim...enough of the rhetoric. bring me back the head of a white infidel pig. post the picture here. then i know you are worthy. kick off the revolution and please..slaughter en masse.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i think you are giving PM too much credit. He is just an asshole with a fondness of quoting muslim propaganda threads.

He is an empty shell.

20. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

the society as i want it is further away because of people like PM. That is my reason.
    wesmorris, your post was very accurate actually but with one modification.

I do not mind muslims. I have many of them in my class and we get along just fine. laughing, working together, you name it.
    But however they do not say that they are proud to be muslims and they do not claim politically incorrect things. I voted to ban him because he was proud to be a part of a particular group.
    After all i could say that i was a "Proud Aryan" but i don't. See what i mean?

To me the arab world have inherited the third reich.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It appears to you that I'm speaking for someone other than myself?

Then maybe you're blind?

LOL. Yeah that works with someone like him. Did you not read my objection? Here it is again for you:

You see, that is the sign of someone with whom debate, let alone a basic, human discussion is completely impossible.

That's what I see.

(EDIT: Note that I might suggest the possibility that regardless of the specifics of the objections of the inviduals suggesting his ban, the points above are likely the root of the objections. People have a tendency to put things in their own terms you know. IOW, people have layers on top of this root complaint. They may not state the root specifically, but it's there nonetheless)

Oh? Perhaps you've "divined" this agenda? How so? Of course an honest "this guy is a useless jerk" can't be that simple eh? It's got to be about race or religion? Well, it will be if you insist it is... but only to you.

But yet you apparenetly indulge anyway. how consistent.

Do you have evidence to support that? Perhaps you shouldn't divine other peoples motivations?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Flores comes to mind.

Indeed, a completely dishonest, disgusting exploitation. I don't think people who habitually utilize those tactics should be tolerated on a discussion board.

Do you think he'd be outraged if someone said "kill all jews"? Perhaps we should refrain from divining his answer?

*shrug*

A little late don't you think?

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I voted "yes" because I no longer can stand the behaviour of PM. As people said before, his post are somewhat annoying, consisting of various quotes from religious texts and a lot of propaganda.
    I do not have a problem with his religion or his "cause" or whatever, but I got a problem with his behaviour.

I would also echo what wesmorris wrote.

23. Hathor Banned Banned

WESMORRIS

It appears to you that I'm speaking for someone other than myself?

yes. when you write... "what's funny is that some morons associate the desire to ban him with the fact that he is muslim." you are asserting that this is not the case. you are asserting that the ban votes has nothing to do with religion.
    i now ask you again, how do you know this? did the pro ban folks explicitly indicate to you that religion was not a consideration? if so, do you accept their explanations without question? you expect that thier prejudices will be aired out in the open?

what naivety

to further clarify; if you speak for yourself, you would write..."what's funny is that some morons associate MY desire to ban him with the fact that he is muslim."

however what we have is; "what's funny is that some morons associate THE desire to ban him with the fact that he is muslim."+

the desire to ban is present in the 20 individuals that cast the 20 votes to ban him. you presume to speak for them. you presume to know their intent. you DEVINE their motivations by stating that, for them, religion is NOT a possible source of discrimination. those that do so are "morons"

Then maybe you're blind?

in that case whose views is he propounding? if they were originally another's, what prevents the muslim from adopting them as his own? why should this be an issue in the first place?

LOL. Yeah that works with someone like him. Did you not read my objection? Here it is again for you:

allow me to introduce a word of advice

one could further report posts and allow the moderator some latitude in handling the situation. overreacting and calling for bans make one very suspect imo. i would imagine emotional issues to be at the cause of these ban threads. hatred and variations therof thus fits as a possible (and probable) explanation.

he's obnoxious, annoying, stupid and entirely free of logical thought?

the solution in this case is at your end. to blame your mental instability on another individual's posting style and content is a copout. even if the muslim departs, rest assured there always will be others to take his place. thus i think it would be far more effective to simply disengage from that which disturbs your fragile sense of equanamity.

therapy is also an option

You see, that is the sign of someone with whom debate, let alone a basic, human discussion is completely impossible.

again, it is amazing that you seek to converse with one that you hold in such contempt. can you not see where the problem lies? chasing after a utopian like environment is unrealistic and is doomed to failure. you are practically guaranteed constant strife. in light of this, i suspect it is individuals like the muslim that justify your mode of existence on this board. perhaps even in real life too.

you NEED to hate.

That's what I see.

then maybe you are blind.

Oh? Perhaps you've "divined" this agenda? How so? Of course an honest "this guy is a useless jerk" can't be that simple eh?

it almost never is that simple. an individual's status, when compressed in the manner you demonstrate, always begs the question...WHY? a dynamic then has to be taken into account, not only do i have to consider the muslim, i have to also consider YOU! so ....from your "piece of shit" response to my "off with all their heads" remark that occured in another thread, i suspect you are a patriot (perhaps a wannabe soldier), a definite redneck.

i can now deduce the source of your discomfort with the muslim

look ma! no hands, no hands!
    no divination required either

But yet you apparenetly indulge anyway. how consistent.

point out again what i have divined and i will attempt to explain simple logic

Do you have evidence to support that? Perhaps you shouldn't divine other peoples motivations

what part of a tentative,"you could be" do you not understand? can you distinguish between that and a definitive,"you are"?

Do you think he'd be outraged if someone said "kill all jews"? Perhaps we should refrain from divining his answer?

complete non sequiter. i dare you to integrate this with the quote utilized

A little late don't you think

i am not sure, i actually envision the eventual fall of monarchs and dictators. (and that definitely includes your kind, white pig!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.