Ball or quill?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by android, Feb 2, 2005.

1. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Ah, delicious!

For my own writings, journals, excerpts, I always use a fountain pen, with ink from a bottle. But sometimes, for some things, a ballpoint is necessary, as the fountain pen line would smudge. But even on letter envelopes (and esp. there) I rather use ink -- black China ink and a quill. Nothing can dissolve that.

I have several fountain pens:

An about 50 years old Parker that I inherited. The nib is quite worn, and the line is broad. I love this one.
    An equally old Pelikan, also inherited, with a perfect nib (still).
    I also have 2 identic Parkers that I bought a few years ago, but the first one is already very worn. These two I have for school.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

I can never get on with fountain pens, but then this is probably due to to my abysmal handwriting. I personally use a rollerball for anything I want to look neat, and biro or pencil for rough workings, crosswords, etc.
    However, rollerballs are far from perfect, as they still smudge occasionally, usually when I'm taking lecture notes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I just use Word to compose and then print out what I write in it. My handwriting is also very poor.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!