Bad Science

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by twr, Sep 9, 2012.

1. twr Registered Senior Member

Sociology makes me so happy. So happy I have to stop studying it every now and again because I'm convinced my heart racing is indicative of a coming heart attack... so, I decided to watch Al Jazeera...

Followed a few youtube links, and found this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT7xw&feature=related

It's called "Spirit Science", and they claim that we have no explanations of the pyramids, and then proceed to authoritatively (read: smugly) tell us that we know certain things because we were told so by the Egyptian Gods (Thoth is Egyptian, right?).

Is there anyway we could file a class action law suit for having these people infringe upon the word "Science"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Since "political science" has been established as a university degree, probably not.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

LOLs and LMAOs all day long! Wow, if aliens ever visit us, this movie might be the one thing that convinces them to "leave the naked apes alone" and then we will have to make teleports and space colonies all by ourselves!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gerhard Kemmerer Banned Banned

Listened with half interest for about ten minutes, seems to be a strong new age influence.

There is no doubt that the human race has seen more intelligent days, but not attributable to aliens/spirits etc.

There is some truth in that presentation, but the explanations for the past are as dubious as evolution.

8. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

That last remark would simply mean that the explanations for the past (history) are, without a doubt, correct.

9. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

Cannot believe I watched this. That’s about an hour of my life I’ll never get back. Interesting at first but it lost me at the introduction of Martians and Jesus traveling beyond the Arabic peninsula.

10. ccdan Registered Member

Yes, but we should first target social "sciences" ...

11. Mars Rover Banned Banned

I read somewhere that 2/3 of all retracted papers (mostly in bio fields) are pulled because of scientist malfeasance not merely errors. Plagiarism, multiple publication and outright fraud and data and clinical trial manipulation or inventing bogus data altogether. Makes you think what medical practices are still out there based on these now retracted papers and those papers yet to be found out! LOL